Sew to mend?

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous Tamil new year 2024. May this year bring you an abundance of happiness, joy, health, wealth and lots of love.💫

She couldn't still believe that Akash did this for her. She smiled to herself. she felt all new about his character. She admired each and every thing in that room.

Sewing is not only her passion it was a saviour for 3 years back when she wanted to create an identity for herself.

'Unakku pudichiruka?'
(Do you like it?) Narmadha asked her. For the first time, he has done something which she was so passionate about. She smiled and nodded her head.

'Unna Akash nalla paathukaran nu ithulenthe nalla theriyuthu ma...'
(I know Akash takes good care of you by seeing this...)She caressed her head which made Sandhya gulp her saliva.

After sometime, Narmadha left from there leaving Sandhya to have her time to stimulate her passion that she paused for last couple of days. But why he has to do to her? the mere thoughts ringer her mind.

She unfolded the livid grey saree and spread it on the Island and took the trace paper and placed it properly on the saree and started drawing the feather design on it. Once she is done. She carefully placed the ombre purple thread in the needle and started to sew on the traces of drawings and outlined with the silver zari for the embroideries finally she ended with stitching the borders with the silver lace. She then pressed the saree with iron and folded carefully. She smiled feeling satisfied with her work.

She came out of the room and reached to Narmadha who was sitting with Indira & Sumithra in the courtyard and stringing jasmine flowers. Sandhya came to them smiling and gave the saree to Narmadha. Narmadha received from her and amazed looking at the embroidery. Indira & Sumithra opened their mouths in a wow.

'Sandhya ma....ithu romba azhaga irukku...colour combination threadwork romba superah irukku...' (Sandhya dear...this looks really beautiful...the colour combination of the threadwork is awesome..)
Narmadha was feeling proud of her daughter in law. Indira & Sumithra have no words to praise her.

'Sandhya ma..Nee Narmadha anniku mattum thaan stitch pannuviya..engelukkellam panna maatiya...'
(Sandhya...you will stitch only to Narmadha sister in law... won't you stitch for us?)
Sumithra fake glared at Sandhya. Sandhya immediately felt bad

'Aiyo Chithi...Ungalukkum stitch senju tharen..'
(Oh no aunty...i will get it stitched for you both..)
Sandhya said smiling at both Indira & Sumithra.

By the time, Akash arrived after completing his work. He saw all ladies having a laughter around. He saw Sandhya was all smiling.

'Dei Akash..Inga paaren...Sandhya ithu stitch panna...nalla irukku illa...' (hey Akash...look at this..Sandhys did this embroidery work...doesn't it look nice?)
Narmadha placed the saree on her shoulder and showed to him. Akash was all the while looking at Sandhya and so Sandhya did not avert her gaze from him. They both were having a smile in their face. Her heart was eagerly waiting for his compliment.

'Avala maariye intha sareeyum azhaga maathi irukaa...'
(She changed the saree so beautifully just like her....)
he said without averting his eyes on her. Sandhya's heart skipped a beat for a second. Her heart wants to scream in excitement and so for Akash. Akash longing to get drowned in her eyes. His lips expressed his unknown feelings for her.

Before getting roasted by his mom & aunts, he left from there. But all the way Sandhya didn't avert her gaze from him. Akash too did the same thing. Both were not aware that their hearts are missing its balance. Rajendran smiled by looking at the scene happening downstairs from the upstairs courtyard portico.