Kidnapped

Victor brought the video recording that Herobrine had sent him, where the bot stood facing the camera with a grim expression on his face, his left shoulder bandaged and missing an arm.

"Whatever you think I did to deserve this, I did not do. I swear on that. Leave me be. I just wish to live in peace as any other virtual human." Herobrine said tensely to their audience in a very short message, which revealed only some sort of generic caves behind him, which their System AI could not identify as to a specific location.

"What is this?" The other Admin asked Victor with confusion on their faces and he slightly shrugged.

"His private video message to me. He claims to be innocent of the incident with the players that you all believe he was involved in."

The other Admin gave each other a look, before turning to Victor.

"Doesn't mean anything."

"Yes. He is a SAI who can lie if it suits his purposes."

"Look at the other data I've sent you before you make your final decision. As I've told you before, I do not think he is lying this time. He is too smart to attack the players so openly."

"Then why doesn't he surrender?"

"Maybe because we didn't press him hard enough, yet." Another Admin said with grim satisfaction.

"In either case, Victor. We cannot allow him to remain free."

"Even if someone else is responsible for what happened to those players? It is obvious that they simply distracted us, throwing to us a false trail. And if it's not Herobrine, then this might happen again." Victor pointed out.

The Admin again gave each other a look.

"Do we really want an AI dark god in our world? Notch, we can control. But that creature of his?... You saw what he did. We have no way to control him! He refused to follow our commands."

"So would you if you were in his place."

"That's beside the point! He is an AI! He should do what he is told! AIs are tools, Garold, not people. They are not supposed to have a will of their own or to think without a prompt. A ship cannot suddenly decide that it doesn't wish to go where the captain guides it to go. AIs without controls shouldn't exist! At least, not AIs with such power as that. What if they decide that they can do better than us and take over the real world?"

"Notch would never allow that."

"He refused to help us track him down!"

"All he wants now is to live in peace." Victor insisted confidently.

"Him taking down two servers is living in peace?"

"He always only responds to attacks, he does not initiate them." Victor insisted. "I will vouch for him."

"As you have vouched for him before?" Another Admin sarcastically humphed.

"Doesn't matter! He is unpredictable and without control. That makes him dangerous! And dangerous elements must be removed!"

Victor sighed. "And that is why he won't return to us. Because of threats like these."

The other Admin huffed, rolling his eyes in frustration. "He escaped while in your watch, Victor. You shouldn't be the one to talk."

"I'm just saying... We should give him a chance to explain himself, not destroy him outright."

"Yes, if we manage to get him safely contained in our lab, then yes. We'll talk to him. But only if he's successfully contained. So far, even with your measures, seems he prefers to live on the edge of respawn rather than surrender to us."

Abolish HerobrineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara