Chapter 12

I hastily add "later if we feel it's the right move. It's a 45-minute drive to my place from here, so it might make more sense to move in with me. We could share the rent expenses." I stopped myself before I got even more desperate to keep him with me.

I stepped back to get a better look at him and to hide my nervous fidgeting.

I know my parents will call me crazy if I move in with someone this early, but I wouldn't mind spending every minute of the day getting to know him. I don't think I'd ever get tired of him.

"You're not wrong," he says. Off to a good start.

"It is annoying having to drive here," he debated. "I'll think about it. I don't plan on moving until December, so we have time."

That's four months from now. Piece of cake.

"I bet we'll move in together in 2 months."

"2 months exactly?" He crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow, contemplating the odds.

"Give or take a few weeks."

"It's a bet." He puts his hand out to shake mine, and I grab it.

"The loser...has to go skinny-dipping in the ocean at night."

"No way!" I yell.

"There has to be a punishment for the loser."

"There are sharks and jellyfish. The waves are dangerous. What if we run into someone dumping a body and they try to kill us?" I ramble on.

"People do it all the time. I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Me? You could lose too!"

"Really?" I have never met such a cocky man.

"You know what fine. I'll take the bet." I don't need four months to win him over.

"Great." He quickly bends towards me and pecks me on the lips. "Sealed with a kiss."

"Don't distract me with kisses!" I attack him with all the fury in my little body. Unfortunately, my attempts were futile. In a matter of seconds, he had me pinned down on the bed. Not even the questionable position could distract me from my goal. I attempt to make a counterattack by bucking him off, but he's too strong.

"Give up?" he asks.

"Never!" I spent the next five minutes trying to get him off. The exhausting wrestling matches with my psychotic sister weren't even enough to prepare me for this fight.

"How about now?" he asks again as we both gasp for air.

"Yeah, fine. I'm done."

After he notices me laying limp under him, he gets up.

"As usual I am victorious."

"Whatever you need to sleep at night." I sit back up on the bed. "I need to leave soon. I still have work tomorrow."

"I'll walk you out when you're ready."

"Never. I'll never be ready. Work sucks." I sigh, resting my head back against the wall so I was looking up at the ceiling.

"At least you don't have to deal with customers all day." Yikes. He's right about that one. I remember my days working retail.

"You won't be dealing with that forever, I'm sure. You're a capable man."

"And you're a capable woman. I'm sure you'll find your niche." Capable? Woman? That sounds unnatural. Although, it made my heart beat a little faster hearing him give me such a title.