Chapter 8

Roman immediately starts dropping everything when we get to the room.

"I need to get the smell of outside off my body," he says, pulling out underwear from his suitcase.

"Wait hold up. Who do you know in a gang?" I threw my bag on the bed.

He started walking over to the bathroom and I followed.

"This was like 20 years ago, but both my parents may have been a bit involved." He turned in the bathroom doorway to continue speaking with me.

"A bit?" I know for a fact that's an understatement.

There he goes with the shoulder shrug. "They don't like to talk about it. They're domesticated now. All I know is they've seen some shit. I'll be in here if you have any other questions or if you want to sneak a peek."

"I'm good. Thanks. Did you need any toiletries?" I ask. Although the offer is tempting for several reasons.

"That's too bad and no, I set them all up already," he said motioning behind him.

"What do you mean set them up?" I walk over to investigate the bathroom. He has all his cosmetics lined up from shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and a few things I don't even use. "That's OCD if I ever saw it."

"I like to keep organized and clean. Nobody wants to be near a dirty man."

It's weird to hear that even though I know it's right. I shouldn't tell him how long I've gone without showering. He'd never talk to me again.

Roman turned on the shower and threw his shirt off.

I stood there unsure if I was supposed to leave, or if the conversation was continuing.

"Well? Are you coming in?"

"You want me to come in!?

"Just joking." He puts his hands on the waistband of his pants. "You should probably leave now though."

I quickly turn around on my heels and flee the bathroom with the image of his defined abs stuck inside my brain. I wonder what it would be like to kiss my way down his torso and feel him shiver under my touch. To trace my finger along the edge of his perfectly shaped "V" and grip his butt ...

No! I threw my hands up to wipe away that image. I am a good human that will not sexualize him like that. I am here for love.

Back to the gang topic though. I should ask him for stories. I can tell he's being honest about himself and not being involved. Roman would have told me more if I had anything to worry about. Unfortunately, that also means I only have the image of a giant Italian man in a wife beater to look forward to meeting.

10minutes later I heard the shower stop. 

It is a bit difficult not to sexualize him when he comes out of the bathroom shirtless again with sweatpants. Ugh, they're grey ones. You can't hide a thing in those.

His hair was soaking wet, which dragged his curls down to almost over his eyes. He had to lean slightly back to see.

"Your turn," He said.

"Thanks" I quickly ran past him and locked the door. If I stayed any longer, I might have swooned.

He took forever in there, but I finished up in 15 minutes.

When I came out in my pajamas, I saw him sitting on the bed on his phone.

"That was quick," he said.

"I don't like being wet. I feel like a drowned rat."