Chapter 16

~Josh~

I pulled her against me, my heart beating against my chest. I had been waiting to do this forever, I don’t know what made me wait so long. This felt so right.

I bit down slightly on her lip and I heard her moan. I smiled, leaning back a little so that our foreheads were still touching, but I could look her in the eyes. She was breathing heavily, her eyes sparkling. I smiled at her, watching as she shyly looked down, but didn’t move away.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.”

Ingrid looked back up at me, smiling hesitantly, looking to see if I was telling the truth. We looked at each other silently for a moment before she leaned in, giving me a soft kiss. I pressed back, deepening the kiss. She complied, letting the kiss go for a minute before pulling away.

She bit on her lower lip, smiling up at me. I frowned, confused by her sudden movement, and missing her body pressed against mine.

“We have to get to work. We are already behind, we can’t waste any time.”

I sighed, feigning frustration before flashing her a big smile and grabbing her hand. I gave her a quick peck before pulling away and starting to walk.

~

The next hour passed with meaningless chatter and picture taken, interrupted ever now and then with short but longing kisses. I held on to her hand the whole time, not letting her move away from my side.

Eventually the light started to fade, the stars and the moon starting to peel out. Ingrid took a few more pictures while it was still light enough and then turned to me.

“Time to go home. My mom is probably wondering where I am. I also promised I would call Noel tonight.”

She looked up at me, a little guilty after that last part. I shrugged, trusting that there wasn’t anything going on between them. Ingrid flashed me an appreciative smile before turning towards the path, moving to walk to the car.

I tugged her back, wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her one last time. She smiled against my lips, giving up and wrapping her arms around my neck, pulling me towards her.

Eventually she pulled away, still smiling. I looked down at her, a small smirk on my mouth.

“You didn’t think you would get away without one last one would you?”

Ingrid giggled nervously, a sound I had never heard her make before. She pulled away from me, giving me a quick peck on the cheek before pulling me behind her.

“Come on Romeo, we really need to get home.”

I sighed, following her like an obedient puppy.

“Yes honey.”

Ingrid looked back at me, raising her eyebrows but letting it go, shaking her head and chuckling quietly. I hurried to her side, kissing the top of her head and wrapping my arm around her waist, ignoring her squirming.

We reached the car, separating long enough to take our seats. I glanced at Ingrid, watching as she fastened her seatbelt around her waist, then glanced at me, catching my gaze. She flashed me a smile, her small dimples appearing on the side of her cheeks. The sunlight caught her hair, making her look like a goddess. My breath caught in my throat, and I forced a smile through my beating heart before turning to the wheel.

I was in farther than I thought.

~

~Ingrid~

The ride was quiet on the way back, stolen glances passed every now and then. It was about a 10 minute drive back to my house, and the whole ride was spent in mostly silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence, more like two people enjoying each other’s presences.