Chapter 15

~Ingrid~

I stared at Josh, waiting for a response. He seemed to have gone completely still, a little shocked I’m guessing. I don’t know what he was expecting, but it obviously wasn’t this. 

“Umm, Josh? You’re starting to freak me out a little. You ok?”

Josh shook himself, looking up at me. He nodded slowly, carefully showing no emotion on his face. I sighed, frustrated. He did that too often, hiding his real emotions thinking that he was helping me. I wanted to just see what he felt.

“Josh, whatever you’re thinking right now, I want to know. Don’t just nod at me and pretend it’s ok, I know you’re feeling something.”

Josh looked at me, a little surprised. He obviously didn’t think I noticed his nonchalant expressions. His eyes grew soft when he looked at me, nodding slightly and opening his mouth to speak.

“What did you do?”

I knew he was still avoiding the question, but he was going to have to tell me sometime. This was obviously a hard question for him anyways. I sighed looking down at my hands for a minute clamped together in my lap. 

“I didn’t do anything at the beginning. I was too shocked to do anything. But then after I realized what was going on, I kind of pushed him away. I got a little mad at him, I was kind of still a little shocked, and we started yelling at each other. He had seemed to think that I had felt the same way, and that just made me even more nervous. It didn’t end well, we each kind of stalked off in our own directions.”

I stopped there, looking up at Josh. His blank expression finally broken down revealing a confused and slightly sad expression. But despite his emotions, he nodded, motioning for me to continue. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth. 

“After that day, things were never really the same, but we were still friends, albeit not as close as I would have liked. And he never really gave up. Even after that, he still asked me if I wanted to go out. Eventually we kind of separated, in schools and in our lives. I haven’t seen him in a long time until just then.”

I stopped there, looking at Josh once more for any other expression. He still held the same emotions, but this time I could see a little bit of relief. I shook my head, smiling to myself. Even with something that happened years ago, he was still jealous. 

Josh nodded slowly, leaning back. I watched him carefully, waiting to see what he would say. I was a little anxious, and I leaned forward slightly.

“Alright well sounds like he’s in the past. I don’t have to worry about him?”

I looked at Josh, a little startled that he would think that I would do that until I saw the sparkle in his eyes. I shook my head, laughing, and leaning back, relieved.

“Who knows, depends if you do everything I say or not. Might decide to change my mind.”

I raised my eyes at him, turning my face serious, trying to hide my laughter. Josh looked anxious and worried, making me burst out laughing. I reached out for his hand giving it a squeeze as he looked at me confused.

“Kidding. Gosh, you are really gullible.”

He laughed with me, his face turning back up into a smile. He shook his head defiantly, denying it, but I saw the small glint in his eyes. I could tell her was actually worried there for a minute. I shook my head, not able to decide whether I liked his protectiveness or if it was just silly.

We calmed down after a minute, finishing our drinks. I got up, grabbing my bag and motioning for Josh to follow me. He sighed, smiling up at me.

“Back to work already? That was hardly half an hour.”

I laughed, shaking my head and pulling him out of my chair. 

“You whine too much. We haven’t gotten anywhere on our project and we have to start sometime.”

Josh pouted a little, but got up and followed me. I glanced back behind me, looking through the window. Ash caught my gaze, winking at me. I turned around quickly, not responding to him and caught Josh looking at me suspiciously. I gave him a smile, looking forward. He shrugged and followed me towards the car.

~

We pulled up in the parking lot, parking smoothly. I got out, tucking my camera underneath my arm. Josh got out and came around to stand beside me. I looked up at the sky, a little worried about the weather. It was cloudy, but the sun peeked out every now and then. 

I grabbed Josh’s hand, pulling him out along the path, surrounded by nature at its finest. I snapped picture after picture, focused solely on the screen. I didn’t look at Josh until I felt something touch my arm. He hadn’t said anything in at least ten minutes, and I turned around, finding him staring at me, and a lot closer than usual. 

I took in a sharp breath, not used to the closeness. I looked up at him, and he smiled. His eyes were shining happily as he looked down at me. He lifted his hand up to my face, pushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear, leaning in closer. I stood perfectly still watching his face come closer and closer. 

Slowly his lips pressed against mine, gently and softly, slightly hesitant. I felt a spark shoot down my back, and I leaned into him, our hearts beating together as if we were one. He deepened the kiss and I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. I felt his hand down at the small of my back, grabbing hungrily.

Oh my.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

So a kiss finally! I'm realized that probably should have happened sooner, but other things were happening so..but here it is I guess! I hope I wrote it well. I think it was 'special' enough. I mean your first kiss is supposed to pretty special. Although that wasn't her first kiss...probably her first kiss that counts. 

Yeah so anyways, some background info about Ash. He's a little...pushy but I seem him as a nice dude. Cute too lol...i think i added him in my cast, cant remember who he was..says right ———>

there tho so yea =p He's gonna be bigger than it seems so far but yea. Already kind of have a last chapter planned...not that that's any time soon. i think I'm planning on having like 25 or so chapters. Still have some issues to resolve. Like Ingrid's father...kind of forgot about that...lol I'll get there =p I've got plans for everyone, you'll see =)

So yeah, pretty long authors note, but oh well =p Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!