Chapter 13

~Josh~

I met Ingrid at the entrance to school, walking up to her smiling face, my heart beating fast. I gave her a smile, wrapping an arm around her shoulder protectively. She smiled back up at me, leaning in closer and giving me a quick hug.

“So where do you want to go?”

Ingrid pulled away, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and turning towards the doors, following the throng of people pushing their ways outside. I followed her, grabbing her hand. She looked back at me and smiled. She couldn’t get away from me that easily.

“Well we definetly have to do some work on our project, so we should just hang at the coffee shop for a little bit then head out.”

I pouted playfully, pulling Ingrid back towards me, pulling her up to my chest. Her smile faltered as she looked up at me, her eyes wide. We stood there for a minute, looking at each other. Her eyes were so blue, her hair highlighting the bright lights twinkling in her iris’. Her blonde curls were waving in the wind, gently brushing our arms. I could have stood there like that forever.

But Ingrid pulled away, clearing her throat and not meeting my eyes. I frowned inwardly. What was wrong? I pushed the thought away and continued walking towards the parking lot, ignoring the new tension between us.

“Alright fine, I can tell you are the type who does her homework perfectly. I think they call those people perfectionists.”

I smiled down at Ingrid, laughing as she gave me a shove, pushing my away slightly. I closed the distance again, swinging our arms back and forth.

We reached my car, and I opened the door to the shotgun, giving Ingrid a smile as she climbed in. I closed the door next to her then went around to my door, taking a seat beside her. I started the car, then looked at Ingrid.

“So the coffee shop then?”

Ingrid nodded, a small smile playing across her mouth as she looked at me. I sat there for a minute, mesmerized at her appearance. She never failed to look absolutely gorgeous. I turned to the wheel eventually, clearing my throat and shaking my head. I had to control myself. I didn’t want to push Ingrid into anything that she wasn’t comfortable in. I liked her too much to let her go.

~

~Ingrid~

I pushed open the entrance to the shop, not waiting for Josh to follow behind. I stopped in line, glancing behind me. Josh was pushing his way through the line, stopping at my side and giving me a frown.

“What happened to waiting for me?”

I gave Josh an innocent smile, turning to him. I shrugged, my eyes wide.

“We need to hurry if we want to get going on our project. Plus I thought you could keep up, you being a big time jock and all.”

Josh narrowed his eyes, trying to decide whether or not I was serious. I flashed him a wide smile and turned back to the front, hiding my smirk.

“Alright fine then, then I guess you won’t mind if we jog to the park to take our pictures. It’s good for me if I can exercise as often as possible.”

My grin immediately left, replaced by a scared look. Exercise? I couldn’t run a mile for my life. I gulped turning around slowly.

“Yeah, I was just kidding... Do we really have to jog to the park?”

Josh had a huge grin on his face, and I could tell he was joking. My face broke out in a relieved smile, giving him a light punch on the arm.

“Josh! You scared me! You know I can’t actually do that sort of running!”

Josh nodded, still laughing. I pouted, but started laughing along.

“Yeah, alright I wasn’t actually going to make you do it. Relax. You’re up next.”

I shook my head, giving him another shove before turning around. I looked up at the menu, trying to decide what I would get this time. I smiled at the cashier, freezing when a familiar face looked back at me.

“Ingrid? Wow is that you?”

A pair of green eyes stared at me, blinking through a mop of brown hair. Cute dimples were shining on his face, creating a boyish look on his round face.

“Ash?”

I heard Josh coming up behind me, staring at the guy standing behind the counter. His eyes narrowed, jealousy sparking in his eyes. I glanced back and forth between Ash and Josh.

“Josh, this is an old... friend of mine. Ash, this is my boyfriend, Josh. I met Ash at camp. He had a little bit of a crush on be back in the day.”

I immediately regretted my choice of words as Josh’s eyes grew even narrower. Tension sparked in the air as Josh and Ash stared at each other.

Uh oh.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! 

So new chapter. Introducing a new dude too. Yeah they have some past history, a little more complicated than it seems...you'll just have to keep reading to figure out!

Yeah short authors note but I'm writing this and watching tv at the same time soo...little distracted. Hope you like the chapter though!

As always, vote and comment! Thanks!