Chapter 2

"Hey I'm Josh" he said, a small smile lighting up his face. "I'm new."

I nodded and looked down quickly, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Ingrid. I'm..not new."

He chuckled and scooted his chair closer to my desk.

"Well Ingrid, mind telling me what this project is about? I'm afraid I wasn't listening."

I rolled my eyes and muttered, "Of course you weren't." He was just another one of those slackers. Why did I always end up hanging out with the slackers? Noel was enough.

"What was that?" he said, a twinkle in his eye. He heard me, he was just playing with me. Ha, well he can't win that easily.

"Nothing...so the project is about..."

We spent the next half hour brainstorming ideas. The assignment was to take a series of pictures and create a presentation describing the significance. We couldn't agree on a subject, so our list just kept expanding. Finally we agreed on a compromise. Josh wanted to take pictures of nature in its natural habitat, and I wanted to take a series of pictures over time. We decided we would take pictures of nature at different parts of the day. I thought that this project would b fun, and I was already starting to plan out the presentation in my head. Yeah thats me, always planning ahead.

"So when do you want to meet?"

This was the part of the project I wasn't looking forward to...

"Umm...I don't know, when are you available?" I stammered. Available? Really Ingrid?

He smirked at my stammer and thought about it for a minute.

"I guess...do you want to meet at that cute coffee house on the corner of Birch? Maybe after school on Wednesday?"

No. Sounded too much like a date to me.

"Sure" i said begrudgingly. I had to get it over with.

At that moment the bell rang, saving me from an awkward silence.

"See you around Ingrid" said Josh as he picked up his bag and stood up.

"See you..."

I stared at his back until I heard a loud voice right beside my ear.

"Most boring class ever. I can't believe you enjoy that."

I jumped in surprise and shoved Noel's face away from me.

"Shit, you scared me! Can't you just say hello like a normal person?"

Noel chuckled as he grabbed his bag.

"Nahh, there's no fun in that" he said, flashing me a smile as he walked towards the door.

"Come on blondey, you'll be late. I would hate to have to explain to the teacher that you are just incapable of coming to class on time."

What a jerk. He knew I would never be late. Just see how far his teasing gets him. He won't be so smug when I'm done with him.

                                                                                            ~

"Ingrid, over here!"

I was walking out of the doors to the school and into the parking lot when Noel called my name. I looked up and saw him waving next to...

Oh my god.

He was standing next to a flashy new motorbike, the same one that he had begged his mom to buy him for christmas. Guess his mom gave in.