Chapter 10

~Ingrid~

I slammed the door to the house, not waiting for my dad to come up behind me. I was furious. It had always been just him and I, we had always told each other everything, but then what was this?

I heard the door click open behind me, but I didn’t stop to wait for him. I threw my bag on the ground and stomped up the stairs, ignoring my dad’s pleas.

I didn’t want to hear it. I was having such a good day until my dad ruined it, I didn’t need him to ruin it anymore.

I closed my door to my room, collapsing on my bed and burying my face into my pillow. Who was this woman? What does she want? Why hasn’t my dad told me about her before?

Hours went by and I didn’t budge. I must’ve dozed off because the next thing I new I woke up with a start to a dark room. There was knocking on my door, probably what had woken me up.

“Go away Dad, I don’t want to talk.”

I buried my head deeper into my pillow, hoping to doze off again, but the voice that issued from behind the closed doors was not my fathers.

“Ingrid, it’s me, Noel. Let me in.”

I stood up slowly, pushing my matted hair out of my eyes before opening the door. Noel stood there, a hesitant smile spread across his face as he greeted me. He walked across the threshold and gave me a hug, engulfing me in his familiar sent.

I breathed in deeply, my arms wrapping around him. I sighed, leaning into his body. We stood there for a few minutes, until I pulled away, smiling up at his face.

“What are you doing here?”

Noel shrugged, walking past me and taking a seat on my bed. My eyes followed him, a smile still on my face. How did he know ever time I needed him? He had such perfect timing.

“Just came to distract you. Figured the whole father run in mustn’t have been good for you.”

I nodded, sitting down beside him.

“I just can’t believe he wouldn’t tell me. We tell each other everything.”

Noel nodded sympathetically, watching me carefully.

“Well, everyone has their secrets.”

I sighed, looking out of the window. I guess I kept things from my dad too, but I always told him stuff that I thought that he should know. I figured he would do the same for me.

We sat in silence for a few seconds, thinking quietly.

“We should get out of here. You can’t stay locked up forever.”

I nodded, getting up and grabbing my bags. Noel got up behind me and followed me out the door.

“Lets take my bike, I want to drive this time.”

I nodded, getting on behind him and wrapping may arms tightly around him. Noel started the engine, and drove out of the driveway. I closed my eyes and smiled. All I needed was some time alone. I would be fine.

~

~Noel~

I didn’t really know where I was going, I just kept driving. I knew all Ingrid needed right now was some fresh air.

I glanced behind me quickly, making sure Ingrid was still ok. Her eyes had closed and she was smiling widely. The wind was ripping through her hair, tossing it back and forth. She looked so peaceful, a satisfied expression calmly taking its place on her face.

I turned back to the front, smiling to myself. We were approaching an intersection. There were no cars around, just a stop sign and a road.

I stopped, cruising to a halt and glancing back and forth.

“Which way Ingrid?”

I could feel Ingrid’s head move back and forth as she examined the options.

To one side, the road led to a rockier road into more trees, and the other way the exact opposite. The road stretched on forever in a straight line, surrounded by flat land.

“The one that goes into the trees. The flat road is too boring.”

I smiled, shaking my head.

“What?”

Ingrid questioned me, giving me a slight shove.

“Nothing, you are always taking the interesting road aren’t you.”

Ingrid snorted, shaking her head.

“No, but I don’t want to be boring. Don’t tell me your goal in life is to take a ordinary road? You’ve strayed from that path a few turns ago.”

I laughed nodding my head in agreement. She knew me too well and she knew I lived life to its fullest. That’s how you’re supposed to live right?

The moon was shining through the tree’s, spreading a silver sheen across the forest floor. Everything was quiet except for the occasional bird call.

The road grew bumpier, tossing the bike back and forth. Ingrid hugged tightly, making sure she didn’t fall off.

“Lay off the squeeze there Ingrid, you’re going to suffocate me.”

Ingrid loosened her grip around me, but not enough to free me completely.

“If I lean any farther back, I will fall off. Where are we anyways?”

I stayed silent and shrugged. Truth was, I lost track of our path a few turns ago. By now I was far from a familiar path. I knew we would be able to find our way back, every road led back home around here, it was hard to escape.

The road stretched on, seeming to never end. The bumps grew less frequent however, turning slowly into sand. I glanced around noticing the thinning of the trees. I glanced ahead and spotted a sandy beach ahead, a lake lapping at the edge. I pulled up on the sand, just out of the trees. Ingrid glanced around.

“Where are we? I’ve never heard of this lake before.”

I shrugged, leaning my bike against a stump and pulling my helmet off. I walked over to the water, ripping my shoes off.

“Doesn’t matter where we are, let’s have some fun!”

I ran into the water, ignoring the fact that I had shorts on. I pulled my shirt off and tossed it on the shore before diving into the cool water. I surfaced and shook my hair, sending a million little droplets high into the air.

Ingrid was close behind, diving next to me and splashing me. I laughed and dived underneath with her, smiling.

This was how it was supposed to be. Just me and her.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So here's another Noel chapter. I promise to have more of Josh soon, just taking a break. I will prob finish this scene in the next chapter and maybe start on another Josh scene. 

So hope you like Noel! o and hopefully ur not too mad at ingrids dad...idk im not but apparently she is...i mean i guess you would b if ur dad kept something from you like that...but still....=)

Anyways, vote and comment! Thanks!