Chapter 21

Giddy Glee

Pollux Tower on the edge of Hogwarts Castle was drafty in the winter. The frigid cold of frost crawled upward over the stone walls. Fingers of ice reached in through cracks, clawing its way in. The sharp gusts of winter outside burst through. It burned with every breath.

The heat of Draco Malfoy's chest perfumed the air with his cologne. Hermione felt the vapors off his body as the warmth battled the chill in the air. Her hand rested against his chest. In her desperate want for their kiss to continue, her knuckles buckled through the dark fabric.

Her cheeks flushed as she noticed and released.

He dipped his face low, not allowing their eyes to stop their connection. The give in his expression of that of need. His patience worn from their separation. A holiday was long without the muse of another. Their connection was that of need and urge, spoiled in their momentary denial and release of the game they played. The reunion of a quick snog only fed their wild desires rather than satisfied. Even then, in the isolated tower of Hogwarts where they'd neither be disturbed or found, Hermione's body readied for what might come.

The charged pause of their conversation only fed the revelation of their worst fears and wildest dreams: there would not be a rejection through her lips. The implication, a growing taste against her tongue. It gained strength. The taste poured down the back of her throat into the wildfire of her torso where her aching beast of lust dwelled. Assumption brought consciousness to the animal. Like the call to a fight, hormones flooded her blood stream.

Tingles ignited her chest, spread down her length like a fire, until only one source was alive with the consciousness of lack of touch. A ring of ache formed upon her breasts. Her nipples hardened. The center of her core burned with the rutting raw edge of desire at one look through his clouded, fairy-like eyes.

He made her weak. He pushed her limits to distant desires she was not strong enough to deny. Their seductive darkness muttered to the demons within her own flesh. They begged for entanglement against his own, demanded it even.

Her lips hadn't the strength to plead. Only look.

Her eyes flashed down to the line of his lips with hunger. Back to him. The want pooled through her doe eyes with the promise of ecstasy.

Draco moved. His hands slid beneath the shoulders of her robes and dropped it to the floor as his eyes remained in her sight.

The weight removed from her body, a layer of freedom given, her chest moved in exaggerated breaths. The beating against her breastbone fueled the rising excitement.

Hermione stood in full view as he perused the length of her body at his leisure, sure to notice every curve and savor each feature without fear of repercussion. The blistering heat of his gaze traveled up the inner stretch of her thigh, then jumped to the heave of her breasts through the thin knit top. Heat, like a blush, spread across her chest.

A sheer darkness clouded his eyes. Something within awakened. The only goal was to satisfy that of the most primal urges a body needed. His throat tensed with a single swallow.

"Turn around," he instructed in a tone of another dimension. He was possessed. The respectable gentleman Malfoy heir was forgotten at the door. In there, he was nothing but a wizard with a witch.

The groan split through his lips as her arse came to view shot a delighted burst of tingles through her folds. Her knickers went warm.

The separation of their touch abruptly became too much. Draco pressed into her back. One hand laced delicately around her throat as the other cinched her waist until not a millimeter of space was between. As her breath moved through her mouth, a delighted sigh in wicked relief, the animal in Draco's skin breathed in her heat like a rutting beast. His arm fell from her waist to her stomach. Fingers walked against the soft leggings until the faint edge of her knickers alerted him to the closeness of his search. He knew what he sought. And he knew what it did to her.