𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

JAKE feels like he's going crazy. People in his lectures keep giving him funny looks and there were  even a couple girls who have full on growled at him like wild animals when he passed them in the corridors.

Sure, he and Heeseung have — something — going on, but is it really something he should be getting growled at for? He doesn't really think so.

He keeps his head down after classes and ignores anyone who calls out to him that isn't his usual group of friends. He pushes the exit doors open and steps into the chilly air with a sigh. There's no one on this side of campus so he's free to escape.

He makes it halfway down the path when a loud voice calls out to him. "Jaeyun! Hey! Jaeyun, wait up!"

The person startles him because, well, just seconds ago he could have sworn that no one was on this side of campus right now. He turns around, scanning the surrounding area for it who could've been. His eyes fall on a tall figure running towards him, a piece of fabric flowing behind them in the wind.

Heeseung stops in front of him, panting heavily and bent over at the waist. He holds Jake's shirt up. The younger man smiles, patting his back softly.

"Take a deep breath, Hee hyung."

Heeseung responds with a breathless chuckle, placing a hand over his chest and standing up straight. He smiles warily, thrusting the fabric into Jake's chest.

"Your shirt. I, um, washed it."

Jake giggles, pulling the shirt from his grasp and folding it. "You said you would. Did you forget already?"

Heeseung shrugs, wringing his fingers. "Maybe." 

Jake stares up at him, smiling softly. "Are you okay? You seem nervous."

Heeseung chuckles, shaking his head. His hands drop to his sides. "I'm okay. Nothing to worry your pretty head about."

Jake makes a noise of agreement. "Well, I'll be heading to my second lecture now."

Heeseung nods. "Okay. Bye."

"I'll see you in the morning?" Jake asks shyly,

Heeseung grins. "Of course. Bye, Jaeyun-ah!"

Jake watches as Heeseung turns on his heel and runs back towards the exit door. Only then does he notice the figure of a person standing there, propping the door open. Jake doesn't get to take a proper look at them because Heeseung is slipping through the door seconds later, hiding the person from view.

He sighs, staring at the door before turning on his heel and making his way towards his next class.

❁❁❁

"Do you prefer chocolate or flowers?" Heeseung suddenly asks, turning his head towards Jake where they lay together under the open sky.

Jake gives him a weird look before he shrugs. "I like both. Why are you asking?"

Heeseung grins, moving to prop himself up on one of his elbows, his other hand moving to cup Jake's cheek. "It's Valentine's Day, Jaeyunnie. Didn't you know?"

Jake shakes his head, looking up at what little of Heeseung's face he could see in the moonlight. "I haven't had someone to ask or be asked by so I guess I kinda forgot."

Heeseung stares down at him even as Jake turns his head away, the moonlight reflecting in his puppy-like eyes. He sighs, looking up at Heeseung again with a small smile.

"What about you, hyung? Which do you prefer?"

Heeseung hums to himself before shrugging. "I prefer the thought of at least being thought of."

Jake smiles, nodding slightly. "That sounds reasonable."

Heeseung chuckles, rolling over until he's pressed right into Jake's side. "Do you want to be my Valentine, Jaeyunnie?"

Jake giggles, pecking Heeseung on the cheek. "Of course I will, hyungie."

Well, Jake thinks as he lets Heeseung cuddle into his side. I finally have a Valentine, mom.

Happy Valentine's Day! I was meant to update yesterday but here we are lol