Chapter61: Reflection

No one would have thought that Tama had the capability to openly disobey her elders, especially in front of others. Tsunade had come to see her the morning after the ritual, when she requested that Tama leave the village and patrol the entire Land of Fire. She agreed readily, but there was a dispute shortly after when she retrieved the mission statement.

The council was wary of her, because she took in the nine tails Jinchūriki(Naruto), supposedly let Sasuke defect, took in enemy shinobi without consent(the Kazekage clan siblings) and sent the girls away. Apparently, Akira and Karin were going to be great assets to the village. In Danzō's words, she was building herself a personal army. In Utatane's, she was plotting to overthrow the Hokage. Mitokado kept his thoughts to himself, as usual, but she knew exactly what he thought.

The old dog.

Tsunade explained that she was sending her away to keep her from having to hear anymore insults. Essentially, she was saying that she was protecting her from the council. Tama immediately lost her composure, startling Shizune and Genma, who were in the room discussing with them.

"I don't think I need you getting in my bisuness with the council.", she had hissed. She rose from her place on the floor. Shizune looked between the two, at a loss for words. Ever since that day when they did the ritual, it seemed as though Tama had suddenly become this angry person. What was this all about?

"Tama-chan, this is for your own good. These people will only drive you into insanity, let me be the one to carry that burden instead."

"You left this village knowing full well the people you abandoned. You're late to be a part of my life by thirteen years!", Tama snapped as she secured her swords.

Tsunade fell silent immediately, it seemed she had been outwitted. Genma was stuck between leaving and mediating, but he wasn't even sure what was going on in front of him.

"I'll take my leave now.", Tama said, voice barely above a whisper, before quickly walking out.

This was how she ended up near the North eastern border, in the dead of night and in the rain, with nothing but a little fire under a tree and her anger to accompany. She always enjoyed her time alone, but she had never appreciated it like she did now.

Her clothes clung to her from standing in the rain, something she did whenever she felt enraged or frustrated. She was tense, knuckles blanched, far more pale than her already pale complexion as she clung to the Katana that rested in her lap. She watched as the orange flames reached for the sky, painfully aware of her surroundings that she was certain that there was not a single shinobi within the range of fifty kilometres. An empty bowl sat before her, no evidence left of the meal she had eaten mere minutes prior.

She didn't realise that the seal had also supressed her emotions like this. She wasn't used to it at all. There was so much anger, so much hatred, so much sorrow, and fear, and anxiety. It was so much more than she had ever expected.

"You're out of control now, Tamakiku. I didn't send you to Anbu so that you could distance yourself from the clan. What is your intention, exactly?", Fugaku's voice asked. There was no answer. The man hummed, clearly enraged but holding back.

"I will require you to make a choice. The village or the clan? The Hokage or me?", he asked. Still, there was silence.

She remembered this one sided conversation clearly. Immediately when asked to choose, Tama took her Anbu mask, wore it, and walked out. Fugaku had a proper fit right there and then. Itachi said that it took tens of clan Jōnin to hold him down and prevent him from following her. Apparently, he was dead set on 'dealing' with her once and for all.