Chapter 32

I sat up in bed with a strange feeling. Jostling Anzide, I waited until he rolled over and looked at me.

"I have this strong feeling that I have to go somewhere, but I don't know where. It's hounding my mind, politely demanding that I get dressed and,"

I frowned, shifting on the bed.

"Is there a place called the vestibule?"

"There is. I can't take you there. Your father might be able to, but if you're feeling a call, then you need to follow it now rather than delaying it by searching for him."

"What is this place?" I asked as I stood to dress.

"It's a meeting place."

My eyes narrowed at Anzide.

"You're being rather vague. How about you educate me so that I know what I'm going into?"

He sighed, getting out of bed. His pants were on, and Anzide moved to my side, sitting on the mattress in front of me.

"It's higher up but probably only next level higher. If you're being summoned, then it would be a representative that you will be speaking with."

"What do you think it's about?"

"Could be any of the subjects, but I don't know why they'd get involved. Anyone that walks those corridors usually doesn't care what goes on in the portal."

"So long as there's harmony, right?"

Anzide shrugged, pulling me closer. I leaned down and kissed him.

"How do I get there?"

"Fade and let the feeling guide you. There's no path that you can walk. When you're requested to join them, they provide the link to access the area."

"And you can't come with me?"

"I'd only be sent away with a harsh reprimanding. Your naivety will mean nothing to them. They will say that I should have told you how and left you to it. I've done that and in their eyes, there is nothing more than I can or should do to help you. Just fade like you always do to get to the portal. Let the feelings dictate where you move to. Think positively, and you will get there."

I nodded as I sat down to pull my shoes on.

"Will you be here?"

"I think you might find it easier to return to the portal. Besides, your father will probably be waiting for us to return."

"He's going to be upset that he couldn't be with me, isn't he?"

"Absolutely."

Anzide leaned closer, kissing me softly.

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

I faded out of the room and let the sensations guide me. A cool wind floated around me, gently guiding me along a path that I could not see. Everything was white, not overly blinding, but difficult to look at. It was almost as bad as being in pure darkness. The view was endless and offered nothing but the possibility of pure madness if I stayed here too long.

Something appeared on the horizon, small at first but quickly growing in size. It didn't take long for me to realize that it was a being. The figure was tall. I wasn't good on measurements, but he was inhumanly tall. The lean figure was dressed in a dark blue fitted jacket that reached mid-thigh and was decorated with gold embellishments. The swirls and curves appeared to be metal but flexible enough to move like material. Beneath the jacket were pants that matched the blue material but had no embellishments.