Sticks And Stones

"Sonic, what does he mean by that?" Amy tried to calm her self down.

"Well, uhm... I had an ex." Sonic looked away from Amy. "And we dated for 2 years."

Amy sat back in her seat, very surprised. "Wow..."

Sonic sighed and looked back at Amy. "I probably should've told you guys huh?"

"You think?" Amy sighed.

Sonic chuckled awkwardly and frowned a little bit. "I didn't think I would see her again actually..." Sonic scratched his chin.

Cream finished her drink. "Sonic, why didn't you tell us?"

Sonic shrugged. "I was embarrassed I guess."

"Why would you be embarrassed?" Cream asked.

"It's... complicated." Sonic sighed. "Can we change the subject please?"

Just then a waiter came to the table. Although it wasn't Sally, it was someone else.

"Hello! It seems like the waiter you guys had before wasn't able to continue serving this table. So I am going to be the one serving this table now." The badger gladly said.

Sonic let out a sigh of relief and started to smile a little bit. "Oh, okay!"

"Well anyway, my name is Sticks. You guys ready to order?" Sticks prepared to write in her notepad.

They all put in their orders and Sticks walked away.

"Man, I'm hungry..." Tails started to rub his stomach.

"You'll be fine Tails. Only about 15 more minutes until we get our food!" Cream excitedly said.

Tails smiled. "Yeah, I suppose so."

Sonic and Amy glance at each other before texting under the table.

"Do you think anything happened between them in the pool?" Sonic texted.

"From the way they are acting, no. But they could be hiding something right?" Amy texted.

"I don't know. Tails would tell me anything if it happened." Sonic glanced at him. "Especially something like that."

"I don't know... they seem closer to me." Amy texted back to Sonic.

Sonic glanced at Amy before texting back.

"Maybe." Sonic put his phone away, indicating her to put her's away.

The 4 enjoyed all of they're food. Gladly eating and eating and eating. After around 2 hours they were finally done and ready to go back to their rooms.

"You can't lie... that was good!" Sonic rubbed his stomach.

"No kidding." Tails groaned. "I think I have stomach ache..."

"So, how did you guys like the food?" Sticks came back with the bill.

"It was great!" Cream put her hands on the table. "Super great!"

"Compliments to the chef hm?" Sticks put her hands on her hips. "Anyways here you go."

Sticks put the bill on table. Sonic picked it up and sighed.

"236 Dollars and 46 cents huh?" Sonic chuckled. "As expected." Sonic put his card in the paper and handed it back to Sticks.

"Add a 100$ tip on there. You were a very good waiter tonight." Sonic smiled.

"Wow really? Thank you... this could go to my college fund." Sticks excitedly said.

"You're going to college?" Amy asked.

"Mhm, next year. I'm a senior and I already got accepted into Aliompa College! Just got to pay for it..." Sticks giggled awkwardly.

Amy's eyes widened. "Sonic, that's the same college we're going to!"

Sticks smiled. "Well, I can't wait to see you guys there. Also thank you very much for the tip. It'll help a lot." Sticks walked away.

Sonic sighed. "I'm really about to spend 300$ on some food." Sonic looked at his phone and saw somewhere around 300$ taken out of his account. "Oh dear..."

Amy shrugged. "Hey, we offered."

Sonic chuckled. "I know, I know."

Sticks came back with the card and put it on the table. "It went through. You guys have a good night okay?"

"You too." They all stood up and left.

"I'm surprised we had no leftovers honestly..." Sonic walked through the lobby with everyone else.

"I guess we were all really hungry huh?" Amy giggled.

"Um... guys?" Tails pulled at Amy's dress trying to get her to stop walking.

"Hm?" Sonic stopped with Amy.

"So..." Tails started to blush furiously. "Well... how do I explain this..."

"Me and Tails are dating now!" Cream excitedly screeched while hugging Tails.

"That was... unexpected." Sonic got out after some stuttering.

Amy nodded, smiling for them. "You guys are a cute couple, glad you finally realized that yourselves."

Cream nodded and winked at Amy. "Now it's your turn..." She mouthed.

Amy blushed and looked away.

"It's getting late. We should really head back to our rooms now." Sonic put his phone away.

"Mhm. Come on Cream, get off of him." Amy yanked Cream away from Tails and started walking towards the elevator. "See you guys tomorrow!" Amy yelled before the door closed.

Sonic and Tails were standing there in the middle of the lounge.

"It's weird... it's like I almost knew you guys started to date after we got out of the pool." Sonic said before sitting down on a sofa and the lounge.

"Really?" Tails sat beside him. "How?"

"Dude, your tails were spinning literally the entire time." Sonic smirked.

Tails sighed. "Yeah, I know.:

"I'm happy for you though. You finally had the confidence huh?" Sonic looked at Tails.

"Actually, she confessed to me..." Tails rubbed the back of his head.

"Seriously?" Sonic leaned back on the sofa. "Lucky you huh?"

Tails nodded. "I guess." Tails looked over at Sonic. "Speaking of which, when are you going to tell Amy how YOU feel?"

Sonic shrugged his shoulders.  "I don't know." Sonic chuckled. "Maybe when we go to college?"

Tails got off the sofa. "That seems kind of long don't you think?"

Sonic got up as well. "Maybe." Sonic walked to the elevator. "Maybe I could do it while we're at the hotel huh?"

Tails followed Sonic. "Definitely. You had the perfect chance while we were in the pool you know?"

"I was going to actually, but she said she had something to say." Sonic pressed the elevator. "I don't know what it was but she said she wanted to say it in private."

Tails gasped. "Really?! Dude, she might be trying to confess to you!" Tails followed Sonic into the elevator.

"I don't think so. Who said my feelings are mutual anyway?" Sonic chuckled. "Now that I think about it... if she did like me why would she date Scourge anyway?"

Tails shrugged. "Maybe she thought you didn't like her?"

Sonic and Tails stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall towards her room.

"....maybe." Sonic whispered to himself as he opened the hotel door, closing it when Tails walked in.