Chapter 20

Y/N

The ride to the bunker was one of the longest of my life.

Everyone was lost in their own thoughts. So much had happened in such a short time – the fight with Lilith, Dean's death, the boys finding out about my daughter...

We all came in silence. Dean was driving, clearly lost in his own thoughts. Dying and coming back to life as a monster isn't easy – I know it's incredibly challenging for them. Especially for Dean, knowing he turned into something they hunt daily.

But I have no regrets. If I had to do it all over again, I would without hesitation. If, in the end, Dean decides he doesn't want to live like this, I understand. I'll fulfill his wish with a heavy heart.

On the other hand, Sam had his headphones on, staring out of the window. He must be thinking about how to get rid of us or, at least, how to save his brother.

I know his idea of returning to the bunker is to have more control over us, and I don't blame him. I would've done the same for my family. Occasionally, Sam opened his laptop and did some research, but it seemed like a dead end.

Finally, we arrived at the bunker. It was a damn long drive.

Sam got out of the car without saying a word, heading straight to his room. I did the same, not uttering a word to Dean. I opened my door and walked to the spare room where I had rested once.

The first thing I do upon entering my room is lock the door and collapse onto the bed. I know Dean followed me here, but he didn't say a word. He's still in front of the door; I can feel it. After a few minutes, I hear his footsteps moving away. His room is two doors down from mine, and I never heard it open. I assumed he went to the kitchen for a beer. Without further internal conflict, I let sleep consume me.

I wake up to a faint knock on the door. I check my bedside clock; it's 4 in the morning.

Shit!

The exhaustion, frustration, and worry were so overwhelming that I didn't realize their impact on my body. I had never slept so much; usually, I'd sleep for an hour and regain enough energy to stay awake for days. I hear another knock, this time a bit louder, "Baby, are you okay?" I hear Dean's concerned voice.

"Yeah, come in."

After a few seconds, Dean opens the door slowly, as if he's scared, and peeks in.

I chuckle, "Little toy, why are you acting like you're scared?"

"No, um, you..." he stammers as he enters the room, closing the door behind him. He stands in front of the bed and clears his throat, "You haven't spoken to me since we arrived, locked yourself in the room the rest of the day, and, um..." he chuckles, "I think I broke some things in the bunker..." he says, rubbing his neck and lowering his head.

Tilting my head slightly to the side, I look at him, completely confused about where all this is coming from, and who knows what he broke. "Oook?" I say in a sing-song tone. Honestly, I don't care if he thinks I'm mad at him or something. He's still scared, and I get it. But what really piques my curiosity is what the hell he broke and why.

Squinting my eyes, I look at him and laugh a little, "Dean, what did you break in the bunker? We haven't been here 24 hours, and you're already causing chaos?"

"I was trying to fix a lock on your daughter's new room door, and... it broke," he says, shrugging while still avoiding eye contact. I start laughing. Why is he frustrated over a simple lock? Anyone could have that happen. I won't lie; he looks very cute when he's embarrassed.

"Look at me, please," and when he does, his eyes are icy blue and black. My heart melts with tenderness at his gaze. He has no control over his eyes and emotions. This is a task I plan to undertake with all my being. Right now, Dean is like a newborn baby.