131-135

Chapter 131

Wu Ming laughed out loud as he watched in amusement as Si Nan busily ordered a few snacks and took out two bottles of leftover Erguotou from the cabinet for the Chinese New Year.

Salt-fried peanuts, stir-fried rabbit offal, soft-fried small yellow croaker, a portion of shredded pork with garlic and cucumber strips, and finally a plate of beef braised by Zhang Ma earlier and sushi made by Simon himself. .

It's said to be sushi, but it's actually rice stuffed with seaweed and carrot floss, made to entertain children.

Although he was very curious about Wu Ming's lovelorn experience, Simon still left space for the two brothers Wu Ming and Chai Jian. After preparing the food and drinks, he gave Chai Jian a look and took the key and went out.

Wu Ming: What a big deal, he doesn't need to drink to drown his sorrows.

"Drink something?" Chai Jian looked away from Si Nan with tender eyes and looked at Wu Ming with a smile. "It's rare to have two drinks in peace."

Wu Ming stepped forward, opened the unopened wine bottle, and poured a glass of wine for him and Chai Jian.

"Enough."

Can Erguotou, which is over 60 degrees Celsius, not be enough?

Chai Jian picked up a small yellow croaker and bit into the meat. No matter how delicious Zhang Ma's cooking was, Chai Jian still liked the taste of Si Nan's cooking.

Chai Jian didn't ask. After Wu Ming drank a few more glasses of wine, he talked about the aborted love in a few words.

A foreign country with different customs. Then, outside of work, I met a very beautiful and lovely girl.

Enthusiastic, cheerful, and dazzling~

Without some restraints, Wu Mingdu seems to be more than ten years younger, and his irritability is not like him anymore.

Perhaps because the magic of love at first sight was too great, Wu Ming lost his former composure and sophistication and quickly fell in love with the little foreign beauty.

It's a pity that the little beauty's identity is not ordinary. She is a noble of a small country. I heard that in their country, she is one of the top five heirs to the throne. The land area..."It's not as big as Sichuan Province."

"...The country didn't train us for peace." He smiled self-deprecatingly, "It's a matter of position." Let him give up everything and return to the country with her, Wu Ming couldn't do it.

They want to abduct each other and return to their home countries...but neither of them can give up their homeland, so their love is doomed to die because of their identities.

Although there were only a few words, Chai Jian, who had grown up with Wu Ming since childhood, could not see the regret and reluctance in Wu Ming's heart.

After finally seeing someone right, I don't want to end up like this.

Brother, brother, here's to you.

After the two toasted and drank a few more glasses of wine, the phone at home rang.

Today they still live in this small courtyard outside the school, but the year before last, Chai Jian bought the courtyard next door at a high price. Afterwards, the two courtyards were merged into one, a few more wing rooms were built, and bathrooms were built, so that the family could live in a less crowded place.

There are six main rooms in the two courtyards, two of which have been turned into a large study room, surrounded by bookshelves and three desks in the middle. Except that the area is smaller, it is just like the school library.

Of the remaining four rooms, two are still connected to one to serve as the living room and dining room. The last two rooms were merged into three rooms for the two children and Zhang's mother to live in. The rest of the family allocated a wing as a bedroom.

In fact, both Wu Ming and Fang Qingzhou's units were divided into houses, but neither of them moved out. First, I'm used to living there, I can live in the house, and it's convenient for my children to go to school. The second one is someone like Wu Ming, who is out of the country for 300 of the 365 days a year. If he moves out again, there will probably be fewer opportunities to see each other. Si Dong didn't say anything anymore. Fang Qingzhou was now transferred to Jin City for work. Fang Qingzhou only came back to stay one day a week. As for Wu Liang and Si Bei, these two bastards could never live at home for more than one month a year. Let's put it this way, no one expected that the last people to guard this home would be Chai Jian and Simon.

Especially Chai Jian, everyone thought that after he learned that geology, he would spend less time with Sinan and stay away more. Nowadays, although this mentally ill person is still busy, he rarely leaves the capital.

Fortunately, when the house was expanded, a phone was installed in the house. Although the phone bill was a bit expensive, it made it easier for everyone to communicate with each other.

When the phone rang, Chai Jian stood up and went to answer the phone installed in the living room.

"Hello?"

"Hello, brother-in-law, this is Si Bei." On the other end of the phone, Si Bei recognized Chai Jian with just a 'hello', so after greeting Chai Jian warmly, he asked naturally. Si Nan asked, "Is my sister at home?"

"Mother Zhang took the children out to play, and your sister went to pick them up." After Chai Jian finished speaking, she asked Si Bei in a very normal way if he had eaten and if anything happened.

Nothing happened, it was just this person who got some clothes and said they were the most popular jeans. They had already packed them up and mailed them back. He asked them to remember to collect the parcels. He also said that he would return to the capital next month on a business trip.

Si Bei hung up the phone, and Chai Jian turned back to the dining table, not wanting the phone to ring again.

This time it was Fang Qingzhou.

The small courtyard that Si Nan first bought in Jin City was going to be moved. Fang Qingzhou called to ask if Si Nan wanted a house or money, and when Si Nan would have time to come over and go through the formalities.

If it were something else, Chai Jianxu might not be sure what Simon would choose. But as for the house, there's no need to ask specifically. Simon definitely wants a house.

"The price of the monkey ticket I bought back then has increased a lot. The houses I have bought in recent years are becoming more and more valuable." After hanging up the phone, as soon as Chai Jian sat down, Wu Ming smiled at Chai Jian and said, "The most rare thing is This is her temperament."

Unexpected, but reasonable.

Some words don't need to be said thoroughly before you can understand what each other wants to express. Chai Jian raised a glass to Wu Ming. The so-called great wealth may not necessarily be a blessing. For them, it is enough to live a peaceful life as a small rich man.

...

The Department of Medicine at Peking University has issued new regulations. All faculty members in the Department of Medicine, even teaching assistants, must go to the hospital to complete a certain number of hours of field operations every month.

Just like when taking driving school exams in later generations, you have to practice for as long as you need to practice on the road in Section 3 before you can take the exam in Section 4. So even if he got a doctorate, Sinan, who successfully stayed in school, had to go to the hospital every year to check in.

Fortunately, this rule is very flexible and does not take up too much of Simonan's time.

Except for Si Nan, who is still connected to the school and is considered an intern appointed by the school, several of the other roommates in the dormitory have stayed in this counterpart hospital and have developed well in the past few years.

He Xiang worked hard and is now the chief physician of pediatrics. However, she is still single and seems not to want to get married again.

After Liu Jia started working, life at home became better and better. It's just a pity that even though they have endured hardships together, the poor and humble couple along the way still failed to live forever in the end.

Liu Jia's lover started his business by selling sweet potatoes in a movie theater, and later rented a shop in the market. After growing bigger bit by bit, he opened a factory and became the first group of people to become rich.

I don't know if it is a reflection of the devil's law that men become bad when they are rich. He had a relationship with a female employee in the factory when Liu Jia was pregnant.

Not only that, the woman also went to the hospital to force Liu Jia to divorce.

At that time, Liu Jia was only nine months pregnant, and the woman went to the hospital for a prenatal check-up with a belly that was nearly five months old. After the examination, he asked the doctor Liu Jia very arrogantly if Dr. Liu was in the hospital. Said she was a relative of Liu Jia.

He Xiang and Si Nan happened to be passing by there at that time, and when they heard this person's words, they stopped and looked at her.

When they heard the woman say that the child in her belly and Liu Jia's child were brothers from the same father, they were both shocked.

What the hell is this?

Liu Jia went into labor prematurely due to the woman's troubles. During the delivery, it was discovered that the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck, so I ended up having a caesarean section.

Fortunately, Liu Jia was in the hospital at the time, otherwise the consequences would have been disastrous.

Of course, the woman didn't leave anything behind. When she saw that Liu Jia was in premature labor, she ran away. I didn't want to be sent to the hospital again in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, she was not as lucky as Liu Jia. The child had been aborted when she arrived.

Even so, Liu Jia eventually divorced.

Liu Jia was divorced and He Xiang did not remarry. In addition, the two were schoolmates and roommates, so He Xiang often helped Liu Jia take care of the children. Later, when the hospital assigned rooms, the two of them deliberately checked in with someone and lived across from each other.

He Xiang brought his parents over, and sometimes when they were busy, the two old men would help take care of the children.

As for Liu Jia's family, after her parents were gone, she only had some brothers and sisters. And her family members are very opposed to Liu Jia's divorce. I think she's embarrassed and making a fuss out of a molehill. Even more annoyed that she pushed a rich man out. So in the end, there was almost no contact.

Si Nan was in a depressed mood for several days because of Liu Jia's incident, as if it was just yesterday that Liu Jia told her about buying a house and settling down with a happy face.

It's quite emotional.

It happened that Fang Qingzhou came back that day, and the aunt and sister-in-law mentioned Liu Jia for some reason while chatting.

Rather Stick to your guns.

Fang Qingzhou, like Si Nan, agreed with Liu Jia's divorce. At the same time, she was particularly glad that her man had no conditions even if he wanted to have an affair.

Si Nan glanced at Fang Qingzhou and couldn't bear to tell her what 'brother who lives on my upper bunk' meant. But then again, finding a career as a soldier is indeed a lot less troublesome for people in this era. Turning around and taking a look at Chai Jian, who did not go to the study, but took books and drawings and was doing things at the dining table while listening to them, it seemed that the person she married was not bad.

But... until you get to the end, how will you know whether the person next to you is a good person or a werewolf, so always leaving yourself a way out is more important than anything else.

No matter how comfortable the co-pilot is, nothing is as good as the steering wheel held tightly in one's own hands. Therefore, women must have confidence at all times.

Maybe he thought of this, or maybe this sentence made Si Nan think of something. So in an era when private cars were not yet common, Sinan rushed to take the driver's license test.

It was not difficult to get a driver's license test at this time, so not only did Sinan sign up herself, she also called her family members one by one.

Come on, get your driver's license.

After living for many years, I have long been accustomed to Simon's 'whim'. So except for Wu Liang and Si Dong who were stationed at the station, everyone else signed up to take the driver's license test.

They are not vain people, nor are they the kind of people who like to show off, so after getting their driver's licenses, their families did not buy a car, and everyone still rode bicycles to and from get off work. Later, there was a batch of second-hand Jinbei that was to be eliminated. After Wu Ming heard the news, he directly made connections and bought one back.

In fact, they don't use the car much at ordinary times. It's just that during the winter, summer, or holidays when everyone has time, they can take the children and luggage and go out for a trip in the car as a family.

However, Sinan knew that with the expansion of cities, the improvement of people's living standards and the decline in car prices, private cars would gradually replace bicycles as the main means of transportation.

"Teacher Si, please go to the emergency room."

Sitting in the hospital's office, Si Nan absentmindedly flipped through the book in his hand. After the young man in the department answered the phone, he quickly said this to Si Nan.

After hearing this, Si Nan quickly closed the book, picked up the stethoscope on the side and walked out without losing a minute.

Before I even reached the emergency room, I heard a lot of noise inside.

This kind of thing is already commonplace in hospitals, especially places like the emergency room. Si Nan didn't think much about it as he squeezed in and shouted, "Give me, give me." When others saw

Si Nan, wearing a white coat and quickly making way for him.

"What's going on?" On the innermost examination bed, a boy of thirteen or fourteen years old, wearing a school uniform, was rolling in pain. The woman beside him, who might be the boy's mother, was crying, coaxing and scolding the people beside him.

The doctor on duty in the emergency room quickly explained the situation to Simon, "External force caused traumatic tympanic membrane perforation, but the child is allergic to painkillers." When a patient is allergic to painkillers, anesthesia can be used to relieve pain if necessary. .

"...We sent our children to your school not to let your teachers vent their anger. We are not willing to lift a finger, why do you beat people? Ah, why do you beat people?" The

child's mother felt sorry for her child and was furious. He cursed and followed the teachers and school leaders who brought the children to the hospital.

"The child's eardrum was shattered by a few slaps from you, but our child was not allowed to cry out in pain. After the beating, he was punished by standing there for an entire afternoon. A whole afternoon. Didn't you care about how painful the child was? What if? Your own children, can you be so cruel? Doctor, please give my son pain relief first."

When a teenage boy is at his most naughty, he makes trouble in class and plays crazy after class. The problem student in the eyes of the teacher. During class this afternoon, this male student was late, but he kept making small moves when he entered the classroom, which made the class teacher so angry that he just slapped him in the face.

Si Nan couldn't help but sigh in his heart when he listened to the parent's cry and scolding.

Teacher violence was the most serious in the 1990s, and it was not until the 2000s that it gradually improved. But even so, this kind of thing is extremely difficult to prevent. Not only is it difficult to eliminate, but it is also gradually becoming smaller. Some kindergarten teachers who are not qualified in ethics also specialize in rectifying children in kindergartens.

Some teachers have been guarding poverty for many years, treating their students like sons and nephews, and are admirable and upright. But some teachers are eager to treat these students as fruits in a juicer and will not stop until something is squeezed out.

When disaster strikes, there are teachers who hide their students under their bodies and use their flesh and blood to protect them from the wind and rain. There were also teachers who shouted to Lingdao to go first.

There are doctors who use their positions to sell fetal pots, babies, and various organs. There are doctors who will prescribe medicine to patients even to death for performance. There are also doctors who would rather work hard to sew wounds by hand than ask patients to spend a penny more. doctor.

There are people's heroes who sacrificed their lives for the country, and there are soldiers and bandits who raped dozens of female educated youths who went to the countryside and were eventually shot.

There are ganbu who are not greedy for a penny, and there are those who are greedy for hundreds of millions.

How can we generalize among thousands of people?

...

Surgery is generally not recommended for this kind of traumatic eardrum perforation, but doctors will still recommend hospitalization for treatment.

After drawing blood and doing a sensitivity test, Sinan injected the boy with an anesthetic. After discussing the medication precautions with the emergency doctor, Sinan left the emergency room.

When I returned to the office, others were also talking about it.

"...Do you remember the time when my relatives took their child to see a doctor? The child's parents were busy, so they sent him to the kindergarten. The child ate at home in the morning, lunch and dinner in the kindergarten. Every night, the mother went to pick up the child. After returning home, When the adults ate, the child didn't eat either. When asked, he said he was full. When the adults saw him, he was quite happy and thought this kindergarten was quite reliable. One time, the child's mother went to pick up the child early, and happened to meet the kindergarten for dinner. The child The mother was standing outside the window, watching the child wolfing down the food. She immediately told the teacher that since there were more children, the food tasted delicious. What happened next? The child had stomachaches at a young age. The family didn't know what was going on, so they sent him to the hospital. Here you go."

He went to the pediatrician and asked He Xiang to help with the diagnosis. He Xiang was patient and had a gentle temper. He asked the child one sentence after another, and the adults realized that the kindergarten had never fed the child lunch seriously.

I want to save costs, but I am also afraid that the children will stain their clothes, hands and faces when eating, so they only have a small steamed bun for each child at noon. At dinner time, the children were very hungry, so they naturally ate with big mouthfuls. The parents did not expect this, and they were very happy to thank the kindergarten teacher for teaching the children that they were no longer picky eaters.

The child was confused and could not explain anything. Sometimes, to save trouble, doctors don't ask the children in detail, but directly ask the adults. If the adults in the family were more careless, by the time they found out, the little old child would have stomach problems even after a full meal and a hungry meal.

"Isn't this too immoral?"

Si Nan: What the hell, pulling the child out of the monitoring range, punching and kicking him, and having Aunt Xue Rong take care of him.

...

Time is moving forward bit by bit, watching tens of thousands of tall buildings rise from the ground, watching the changes in the capital and major cities in the country that change day by day. The worries that Si Nan had kept in his heart for many years also began to surface.

She wanted to go home and see her young parents and herself. But Simon didn't dare, fearing that her appearance would change something, affect something, and ultimately lose something.

Lowering his head and turning over a page on the desk calendar, Simon moved the date of his return home to a later date. He had to wait until 'she' left.

Earlier, Sinan had imagined that after 'she' got the space, he would help 'her' fill it up. When the space is full, life will be better. But then she thought again that a single move could affect her whole body. Today was the day she was most satisfied with, and she didn't want to change it.

Husband, daughter, siblings.

Family, love, friendship.

So the best way is to let nature take its course...

The calendar on the coffee table is a green iron frame with a thermometer on it. Desk calendar paper is printed on folio thin paper. On the left is the back of the previous page of the desk calendar. On it is a Tang poem, a Song poem, a joke, or a life tip.

On the right is the front page of the desk calendar, which is divided into two parts. On the top is the date, solar calendar or lunar calendar, and a recipe is written below.

This is the kind of multifunctional desk calendar that has become particularly popular in recent years. The drug supplier in the hospital sends some of these desk calendars to the hospital doctors every year.

Zhang's mother likes to read the recipes and life tips the most, while the children like to read the jokes. As for Simon, the one he saw most was probably the thermometer.

Leaning back on the sofa, Si Nan's thoughts were a little divergent.

The year she graduated from college, she traveled back in time to the seventeen-year-old Sinan. From the summer of 1972 to the spring of 1978, she caught up with the fashion and became an educated youth, going to the countryside to cultivate the earth. Four years of college, three years of graduate school, four more years of Ph.D., and two years of teaching assistantship...

Oh my gosh, is she already...so old?

"How have you aged? Your face is as tender as when I first met you." Fang Qingzhou touched his face and said to Simon with some envy, "It seems that school is more nurturing."

So Years have passed, and not only has my sister-in-law's skin become fairer and tenderer, but her temperament is also different from before. Wearing flat shoes, jeans, short and lively hair, and a fair and clean appearance, when walking on campus, people who didn't know her would think she was a student.

Simon didn't know whether Fang Qingzhou's words were exaggerated, but after hearing these words, people who love beauty retorted with their mouths, but felt happy in their hearts. "No way. By the way, I also have a bottle of lotion that Brother Ming brought back. You can try it later."

So the two sisters talked about skin care from youth.

However, Chai Jian, who was sitting aside and listened to Fang Qingzhou's words, felt a thump in her heart.

He thought of the first time he met Simon on the train, and also of the scenes when they went to the countryside. Over the years, it seems that Simon really hasn't changed much.

Chai Jian didn't know the reason, but he felt more concerned and uneasy.

However, the idea of ​​mental illness is difficult for most people to figure out, so some of his behaviors are also confusing.

Chai Jian began to pay attention to his personal image.

Not only does he apply cream after washing his face, but he also starts paying attention to sun protection.

When a man behaves like this, most women will panic.

Damn it, there must be something going on.

This guy never goes anywhere except for work. If something happens, he must be at work. So Sinan, who had been somewhat sentimental recently, transformed into Zhan Nan and went to Chai Jian's place to deliver several afternoon tea snacks.

She served afternoon tea and snacks enthusiastically and generously, and chatted cordially and sincerely with the female colleagues in the office. But when she looked at people with her eyes, she always made people think that she was an experiment in her anatomy class... To be

honest, This is the second time Lu Yazhi has met Simon. The first time was when I went to pay New Year's greetings to my mentor the year I entered the capital, and I bumped into Chai Jian and his wife at their mentor's house.

Touching her weathered face, and looking at Si Nan's fair and tender face as before and Chai Jian, who was becoming more and more unbearable to look at recently, she felt as if she was surrounded by the malice of the whole world.

When Lu Yazhi thought about the recent incident, when Chai Jian was asked to go out, Chai Jian said that she was afraid of the sun, and then changed her hands and pushed her forward. What kind of monster did you, a great man, do?

He gouged out Chai Jian with disgust, this couple was really poisonous.

Chai Jian was just worried that Si Nan was aging too slowly. He himself was aging too fast. Walking on the street in a few years... people wouldn't think he was Si Nan's father.

Because of this, Si Nan was suspicious for several days. After seeing that nothing happened, he returned to his normal life.

It was already a long time later when Si Nan realized that her face really did not look old.

When mother and daughter walked on the campus of Peking University, they really looked like a pair of sisters. In fact, it's not that she hasn't aged, but that she has aged slower than others.

Although it seems that he ages slower than others, he is getting older bit by bit. Others only think that Si Nan has never entered society in these years. He is a loving couple, has a happy family, has plenty of money, lives a smooth life and is very good at taking care of himself. Although they envy him, they don't think too much about it. It is estimated that only Chai Jianhui is so 'uncalm'.

When the time came, Si Nan timidly went to the city she had avoided for many years. However, seeing myself become another person before my own eyes was a huge blow.

But at least it solved her many years of doubts.

In those years, she always thought about what would happen to her body if she traveled to 1972, like in all the movies and TV novels, Huang Liang Yimeng still lost her vital signs and registered for registration.

In those years, she would often think about whether the original Simon would take over her body and life, and whether he would sign up for her at the National Zoo?

Will she be filial to her parents? Will...will you inquire about Si Dong and Si Bei?

Maybe she would go to Yang City, but the Tongzi Building there had been demolished many years ago, and the neighbors had already gone their separate ways.

Maybe she would still go to the factory, but she definitely didn't know that the factory was gone. The land and building were acquired by a joint venture, and now it is a large beverage factory.

Si Nan is very conflicted and entangled. Every day she guesses what 'she' is thinking and what 'she' will do.

Until one day, Si Nan saw 'her' when he came out of the classroom.

'She' actually came.