101-105

Chapter 101

The notice to resume the college entrance examination has officially come out.

Some people are happy, some are confused, some are hugging and cheering, and crying, but more people are looking around in confusion, not knowing what they are going to do next.

Want to take the college entrance examination?

Most of the educated youth hesitated.

Everything in the book has long been forgotten. Moreover, when I turned around and looked at the uneasy faces of my wife and children, my heart was heavy and I didn't know what to choose.

Female educated youths who have already married and had children have a harder time choosing than male educated youths. After settling in the countryside and returning to their families, many years of rural life have made many of them forget their former status as educated youths.

What to do with her home and her children?

However, those educated youth who have not yet married in rural areas do not have this layer of entanglement. After the announcement of the resumption of the college entrance examination came out, they cheered and ran around. Finally, they welcomed the college entrance examination on December 11 with anticipation, excitement, and regret.

They don't know if this is the only opportunity, and they don't know if there will be another college entrance examination like this, so they all want to give it a try.

But the notice of the college entrance examination and the time of the college entrance examination are too close.

It only took fifty days from the time they received the notice to the time they took the exam. It is not easy to pick up the knowledge that has been lost for many years in fifty days.

Some people never brought a single piece of paper with them when they went to the countryside. At this time, they suddenly wanted to study hard, and found that many people were just like them, going crazy to bookstores, supply and marketing cooperatives, and scrap depots...

The Educated Youth Institute is here. I review and prepare for exams every year. In addition, every time Sinan goes to the city or county, he never comes back empty-handed, so he has everything including fountain pens, pens, and calculation paper.

Not only that, she even took a one-inch photo, so you can imagine how well-prepared she was here.

On the day we went to pick up the photos, Chai Jian and the other three accompanied Si Nan. That day was a rest day after the autumn harvest, a time for the villagers to harvest their own land.

But Si Nan himself took back all the private land in the Educated Youth Institute. So Chai Jian and the other three were free. On a free day, Chai Jian took Sinan to watch a movie in the county. Wu Ming and Wu Liang couldn't agree to go at first.

When someone goes on a date, it doesn't matter if they follow her. But Si Nan thought about taking the photos, so he forced the two of them to go to the county together, saying they wanted to take some group photos.

Take photos and take photos along the way. There are photos of the four of them, there are photos of the three brothers, and there are photos of Sinan and Chai Jian.

After taking the group photo, it was only natural that I also took a one-inch photo.

After taking pictures, the four of them went to watch a movie again. After watching the movie, I strolled back to the village.

Because of this, the four of them were more calm than the other candidates.

"Who is here?" Sinan heard Wu Liang talking to someone and glanced outside, but he couldn't see clearly who it was because it was too dark. When Wu Liang came in with a bucket, Si Nan asked casually.

"Old Wu Dagui." Wu Liang poured water into the water tank, and then closed the water tank lid while talking to Simon. "I don't know where Wu Erfu went to the field. He asked me if I saw anyone."

There was a person in the production team . The family named Wu lives right next to the Educated Youth Yard. Occasionally, members of their family will come to the gate of the Educated Youth Yard to fetch water.

There are two sons in this family, the eldest is the son of the first wife, and the second son is the son of the second wife.

The boss is steady, down-to-earth, capable and loyal, and is very popular in the village. The second child is lazy and idle. He is never found when working, but he never fails to take advantage of him. As soon as the production team harvested corn at the end of September, Wu Erfu disappeared. Now the autumn cabbage and radish leaves in the field have grown about a palm long, but Wu Erfu still hasn't returned home.

No, the family became anxious and started asking from door to door.

Have you seen the second rich man in my family? When was the last time you saw the second rich man in my family?

Wu Liang and Chai Jian went to work honestly, but they really didn't see Wu Erfu.

But Si Nan saw it.

Not only did she see it, she also knew how Wu Erfu left the village.

That's right, this Wu Erfu was the thief who came uninvited that day.

It was impossible for Si Nan to keep this thing in the space all the time, so when Chai Jian and the others went out the next day, Si Nan carried a small backpack that was not too big and walked several miles to the reservoir not far away.

When he arrived at the reservoir, Sinan met the staff and bought several fat and big fish from the staff. Then, with the permission of the staff, we got some snails near the reservoir.

It was impossible for the staff member to keep an eye on Simon, so someone who didn't pay attention to Simon did something immoral that polluted the water quality of the reservoir.

She threw a large piece of garbage at the gate of the reservoir, and then watched the garbage being washed away by the water in the reservoir.

I hope there are poems in his distant place...

Si Nan considered whether to take him to court, but in the end he decided to keep it private.

Just like Chai Jian said before, sometimes if you take a step back, you will be pressed step by step until you have no way to retreat.

Si Nan didn't want to think about what kind of harm, slander and suspicion she, the original victim, would suffer if this incident broke out.

From Simon's point of view, this matter can be ended here. It would not do her any good to make trouble again and cause more trouble. Moreover, as rumors spread, she was hurt even more as she lived in rumors. Si Nan admitted that like many girls who have been harassed in this way, the first thing they thought of was to settle the matter.

This is not good. But Si Nan doesn't have a free and easy temper. She can't accept overt or covert criticism from others, and she knows she can't bear much gossip. She was even more afraid that more people like Wu Erfu would look at her with malicious eyes, waiting for an opportunity to hurt her.

She was also afraid that this incident would cause misunderstandings and unbreakable knots between her and Chai Jian. She was even more worried that Chai Jian and Wu Ming Wuliang would have conflicts with others because of her.

If something happened to the three of them because of her, would she be able to live her own life with peace of mind in this life?

When he first saw this kind of social incident, Si Nan also felt that those girls were too cowardly and their handling methods were unfair and incorrect. But when it came to herself, she compared her feelings with hers, and after thinking about it, she understood those girls.

After throwing away the garbage, Simon went home with the fish he bought and the snails he caught.

Spicy stir-fried snails are a very delicious dish to go with wine, but there is almost no wine in the Zhiqingyuan. Fortunately, the four of them were not averse to drinking and having fun, so they let the snails vomit sand for a day, fried them and ate them with pancakes that night, as well as rice.

After the college entrance examination notice came out, Si Nan first wrote a letter to Si Dong and Si Bei, and then anxiously sent a telegram. Si Nan also had a narrow-minded temperament. She told the Si brothers very clearly that if they dared not take the college entrance examination, she would die in front of them.

That's a telegram.

One can imagine the sensation when the telegram was delivered to the station and factory.

Even though it seemed like Si Nan was making things difficult, it gave Si Dong and Si Bei a reason to take the exam.

We can't really force our aunt to death.

Besides, isn't it just about signing up for the exam? It's hard to say whether he will pass the exam or not, so he just has to deal with errands.

So the two brothers, who had been studying secretly, signed up with a look on their faces like "I'll give it a try."

This time the registration has completely eliminated restrictions on candidates' family background. It can be said that in the first winter after the resumption of the college entrance examination, and also the only winter college entrance examination, the registration conditions are quite relaxed.

The notice was not published until late October, and registration started in November. After the Educated Youth Academy received the news of the resumption of the college entrance examination, all members began to enter the final sprint stage of review.

The situation of other people preparing to take the college entrance examination is similar to that of the Educated Youth Institute. Fortunately, even if there is less labor force to work in the fields, the work in the fields is still busy.

Sinan traveled through modern times with an extremely strong educational atmosphere. She not only considered the review sprint, she also thought about issues such as the examination room environment.

Taking exams in winter is no easier than in summer, especially in the north. In mid-December, it's hard to freeze to death.

So in addition to the review sprint, Sinan also used the needlework skills she had honed over the years to make up the rabbit skins she had saved at home over the years.

First came the shoes. If your feet were cold, your body would be cold as well, so Sinan, who had already paid someone to make thick cotton shoes, also used rabbit fur to make the insoles and shoe linings.

In order to keep warm, cotton shoes are made extremely large. Aside from other things, let's just say that the pair of cotton shoes on Si Nan's feet were already size 40.

Not only were the thick cotton shoes filled with rabbit fur insoles and linings, but Simon was also planning to wear two pairs of wool socks when the time came.

In this way, no matter how big the shoes are, they won't be too big after crossing.

In addition to making four pairs of five-finger fingers that would not affect writing, in order not to let external objects affect his performance in the exam, Sinan also made a lot of money this year to make new cotton-padded clothes and trousers.

In addition, Sinan also prepared four pieces of wool felt, which were used as seat cushions.

In the past few years, they have been living together. At the end of each year, when the village distributes money, Wu Ming and his wife will hand over all the money distributed by the village to Sinan for daily expenses.

The three of them never settled accounts with Si Nan, nor did they ask Si Nan where his money was spent. However, Si Nan has developed the habit of keeping accounts, and all expenses related to living expenses will be recorded in the account book.

However, when preparing these college entrance examination items, Simon selectively kept accounts. For example, oversized shoes are not recorded in the account. Instead, I waited until the college entrance examination notice came out and then recorded it on a certain day.

The village didn't do things too well, but Chai Jian and the other three were still prepared.

Firstly, I am afraid that someone will interfere with me when I apply for the exam, and secondly, I am afraid that someone will try to change the situation when the notice comes out.

As for the notice, is it too early to think about it?

Not too early.

In the eyes of Chai Jian and Wu Ming, it would be unreasonable if Sinan, who had been studying for several years, failed to pass the exam.

Si Nan listened and nodded in agreement. That's right, compared with those educated youths who borrow books and pens temporarily, my chances of winning are really good.

The registration and examination places were all in the city. When they went to register, Simon discussed with the three of them whether they should rent a house in the city first?

After all, it takes too long to travel from the village to the city to take the exam. And judging from her usual time traveling to and from the city, they would have to come to the city at least one day in advance.

Furthermore, if all the candidates from nearby villages and towns come to the city on that day, they probably won't even be able to get on the train. The most important thing is that in such a cold weather, they have to stay in a guest house when they come. But if there are too many people, they may not be able to grab a vacant room. The important thing is that if there are too many people, the environment of the guest house may not be good.

If you don't get enough rest before the exam, it will affect your condition a lot.

Therefore, Simon suggested that they rent a house in the city in advance, and then they set off to the city a few days in advance to wait for work.

At any time, renting a house is cheaper than staying in a guest house or hotel. Even if Si Nan and the four of them live in a guest house, they will need at least two rooms.

Two houses, for at least three days, plus food and drink, it's really better to rent a house.

So on the day of registration, Chai Jian and the four of them walked around and inquired about a house for rent in an alley.

The landlord looked at the four of them and didn't say anything. He only told them that they had to pay rent.

Paying rent means paying the rent in advance every month.

This is no problem.

After agreeing to the landlord's request, the landlord took them to see the house with the key.

The house is very small. When you open the door, you will see a corridor one meter wide and six or seven meters long.

There was a dish rack at the end of the aisle, and a tin stove stood next to the right wall of the dish rack, with a chimney pipe extending all the way to the door. There was a door on the same side as the stove, close to the outhouse door.

When you push the door open, you will find a house where people live. On one side is a slightly dirty but bright glass window. Separated by a space, opposite is the kang. Just looking at the big kang that was two meters long and four to five meters wide, Si Nan began to feel worried.

How can four people live in such a kang?