51-55

Chapter 51

It's not a big deal to not go to work now, so there's no reason why Si Nan shouldn't respond. It's just that what troubles Si Nan is the Sui Fang issue.

Accountant Zhu is sometimes responsible for keeping track of work points, even if it is not for such a practical reason. He lives in the same village and looks up without looking down. He knows that someone else's son is getting married. How can he not just follow along?

So here comes the question, does their small courtyard for educated youth follow the members according to their heads, or according to their households?

After taking the clothes button home, Simon glanced at the three little chickens that had grown into half-sized chickens, raised the corner of his lips, and decided to move out of the house.

They are not allowed to raise chickens per head in the village, so why should they receive gifts per head?

That doesn't make sense.

He sewed several buttons on the clothes, fearing that the buttons would be lost in other clothes, so Simon even found all the outerwear and trousers of these three people and fixed them one by one with needle and thread. When the three of them came back, Simon still had one piece of clothing to sew.

"Why are you back so early? I haven't cooked yet." Simon didn't get up. He wanted to finish the work in his hands before cooking, so he still sat on the edge of the kang and talked to the three men who were going to the quarry.

Wu Liang took off his gloves and hat, and rushed directly to the kang. He lay down on the kang and roasted his belly with the kang fire. He looked comfortable and said, "It's too slippery. It's easy to get into trouble." The rain and snow fell into the soil so much that they didn't hinder anything. But if it falls on a stone, it will become slippery after a while. It was very difficult to step on the rocks and hit the rocks on the edge of the mountain. It was very difficult to move down. The feet were still slippery, so Captain Cai just called them away.

And they also heard from other working villagers that if the weather gets colder, the snow will stick to the sky. Not to mention freezing inside and outside the house, even the rocks will be too frozen to be mined. The village will not arrange this quarry work.

After all, everyone gets one day's work points for one day's work, but the work they do is not half as much as before. The village has to decide whether it is necessary to do this work.

Clothes were piled all over the kang. If it weren't for the bamboo basket containing dried radishes placed by Si Nan on the kang in her room, Wu Liang wouldn't have room to lie down and roast his belly.

Si Nan saw Wu Ming and Chai Jian fetching water to wash themselves, and then looked at the clothes on the kang. He had no choice but to put down the clothes on hand and put them aside.

When I moved in, there were two dish racks in the house. One was placed in the outhouse and used as a kitchen cabinet, and the other was moved to Simon's room and used as a wardrobe. But later, Si Nan discovered that these three people needed a cabinet to store things more than he did, so he asked Wu Liang to move the bowl rack over.

But it was indeed inconvenient not to have a cabinet. Fortunately, she was the only one living in Sinan's house, and the kang was not too small. Later, she bought a kang cabinet that the villagers built themselves, and all her things could be accommodated.

At this moment, Simon put all the clothes on the kang into the cabinet on the floor, then sat back down and finished the last bit of sewing while talking about today's events.

"I know about this. Zhu Yang came to me and asked me to go with him to pick up the bride that day." We ate at the quarry at noon. The food was cold and the water was not hot. After eating every day, I felt uncomfortable in my stomach. After roasting for a while, he got better. Then he got up and went to the outhouse to fart, and Wu Liang came back to life with full blood.

"Today, sister-in-law Guizhi also said that the bride found a girl from the country. How could I dare to challenge her? Han Bao happened to be gone, so the topic was about to come up." Although in front of others, Sinan would kiss anyone he called, but in private , especially when there were only the four of them, they could intuitively tell from the title of Si Nan that they were distant and distant.

After cutting the thread, Si Nan shook the clothes on his hands and gossiped with Wu Liang about Zhu Yang, the groom's official. Earlier, Simon also learned from TV and the women here, chewing the thread with her teeth after finishing sewing... Anyway, her teeth are not that good.

Zhu Yang is over 1.77 meters tall and has an average appearance. After graduating from junior high school, his father Tuomenlu sent him to learn some craftsmanship. When he came back, he could not only drive a tractor, but also repair it. There are three production teams in Sanyou Village, and there is only one tractor, which is so precious. But no matter how precious it is, it's not difficult to learn. Therefore, there are many people in the production team who can drive tractors. Zhu Yang and his father were the team's accountant. He was afraid of being gossiped about, so he never asked him to compete with others to drive the tractor. However, although he does not drive a tractor, he has learned how to repair tractors, which is very enviable.

Then, in all the villages and towns across the country, especially during the busy farming season, there would always be people asking him to repair tractors.

This is why Simon has almost never seen this person.

Si Nan nodded in his mind as he listened. Anyone with skills would be well-received, so it's no wonder that a girl from the county would fall in love with him.

I asked the three of them what they wanted to eat at night. Except for Wu Liang who wanted to eat meat, the other two were not picky and could do whatever Sinan did.

Qian'er had just learned a staple food called Meat Dragon. Simon wanted to try it and asked the three of them if they wanted to try it. Wu Liang heard that there was meat, so he didn't care whether it was a dragon or not, so he just nodded. When Si Nan saw it, he smiled and went out to cook.

Meat dragon is a very simple way to eat. Just make a piece of noodles and roll it into a dough. Then spread the mixed meat filling on the dough. Finally, roll the noodles into a roll and put it in the pot to steam for half an hour. After taking it out of the pot, Cut into sections with a knife and eat.

Except for chopping the meat filling, which is a little troublesome, everything else is pretty simple.

The staple food was meat dragon. Simon thought about it and made another pot of noodle soup with shredded cabbage and potatoes.

There are both dry and thin ones. I'll add some pickles later and dinner will be over.

Compared to the large lump porridge that Chai Jian and the others like to eat, Sinan prefers to eat small lump porridge. So every day when eating alone at noon, Si Nan would cook a pot of small lump porridge to eat.

Sometimes if you cook too much, there will be some leftover. Qiahao has only one bowl left today. The bowl of porridge was also heated up by Sinan, and they were brought to the table together during dinner.

Simon could make dinner by himself without the help of others. Chai Jian and the other three were not very interested in cooking. They only took out some corn cobs from the team. The three of them sat on the kang and each of them held a bamboo basket and rubbed the corn there.

When you first start rubbing, even some older boys will feel pain in their hands. However, they didn't get much, and there was no shortage of food at home. They could eat some food a day, which was not tiring but could also pass the time.

What is distributed are all corn cobs. If you want to eat them in your mouth, you can't just rub them off. They have to be sent to the county for peeling.

The corn kernels that have had their husks and germs removed are the corn crumbs they often cook with. The coarse grinding is the big ballast, and the fine grinding is the small ballast. The corn crumbs are ground into powder, which is cornmeal.

In the past, whether corn kernels were ground into corn grits or corn flour, they were all done in the village. However, since the county's grain stations have installed machines that can do the work quickly and well and at a low cost, very few people in the village now do it themselves.

Sinan and the others did not receive much grain, but they had made an agreement with the villagers who had more grain than they could finish, and they would buy it back by the pound after they finished grinding the corn kernels. After all the grain was delivered, they were taken to the county to be peeled and polished.

...

After dinner, Simon cleaned up the area outside the house, fed the chickens and rabbits, and returned to the house, listening to Wu Ming speak English and grinding corn with the three of them.

But usually only one or two ears are rubbed, and Simon doesn't rub them. Because she is the one with the worst academic foundation in the family, for her dream of college entrance examination, she has to do the math and physics problems he sets under Chai Jian's supervision.

Wu Ming speaks excellent English, and I heard that Chai Jian is also good at it, but even better in German. As for Wu Liang, Wu Ming and Chai Jian said that he was only half-assed at everything, but in Simon's opinion, his half-assedness was much better than his own.

At nine o'clock in the evening, turn off the lights and go to bed. Then Simon would quietly go into the space to do some farm work or secretly play with the tablet for a while, and then go to bed before eleven o'clock.

The schedule is quite regular.

The radishes and cabbages from Simon Space were also collected. Because he wanted to send dried radishes to Si Bei, all the radishes in the space were dried into dried radishes. Cabbage... Except for a few that were quietly placed in the cellar, the rest were pickled by Simon and made into sauerkraut.

Because pickling sauerkraut requires a big vat, but Simon couldn't buy it unnoticed and then secretly transport it to the space. In the end, I settled for the next best thing and bought several small tanks that could fit in baskets.

Fortunately, Sinan doesn't grow much, so he can pickle a few cabbages in each small tank to get rid of all the cabbages.

Although space does not have the function of adding time, you can grow things at will without considering the climate. So Sinan got some corn seeds and planted a space of corn based on the planting experience he had just learned and some planting theories he had learned from questions.

After eating more staple food made from corn, Simon felt that rice and white noodles were more delicious. It's a pity that no one here grows rice, wheat or anything like that, so she doesn't even know how to grow it.

But no matter what, there is no problem in taking steps to provide for food and clothing first and then move towards a well-off society.

...

The days moved forward day by day. From the end of the month when I learned that Accountant Zhu's son was going to have a wedding to the beginning of the month, it only took a few days.

In the past few days, Han Bao, who was about to be promoted to mother-in-law, also came to the Educated Youth Upper House to see Sinan twice.

As a family member of a village cadre, Han Bao often went to villagers' homes or small courtyards for educated youth to mediate irreconcilable issues for one reason or another. However, among Si Nan and the others, there may have been no problems, which meant that Han Bao had less chance to come and walk.

After arriving, no matter what he thought in his heart, Han Bao praised Si Nan as a flower. What about being thoughtful, being quick at work, and keeping the house clean and presentable.

But Sinan's small courtyard for educated youth is indeed kept very clean.

The house is paved with gravel, and walking is no longer dusty like before. The yard in front of the house is also paved with gravel. Once it is paved with gravel, it will not become muddy on cloudy days and rain, and will not bring mud into the house.

Not to mention the walls and bottom of the shed that were covered with straw mats.

In short, it was such an environment. The longer Simon lived there, the more satisfied he became, and the longer he lived there, the more he felt that this was her home.

"...I borrowed Murakami's tractor and three donkey carts. Get up early tomorrow and have breakfast at my aunt's house. After dinner, I will ride the tractor to the county with your brother and my niece. By the way, I My niece is also seventeen, born in June, and is a few months older than you. If you don't understand anything tomorrow, just follow your lady." After that, she talked about the arrangements for her maternal niece to come to the village tonight. "She knows everything."

Si Nan only smiled and nodded, "Don't worry, Auntie, I will follow the lady and do whatever she does. By the way, Erya, she is not going to school in the county. She will come back early tomorrow morning. Go directly?"

"We have agreed that she will be waiting for us at the intersection east of her school tomorrow morning." After all the business was explained, Han Bao said to Simon again with a mysterious face, "Your sister-in-law and her uncle are from the county. A leader of the art troupe here heard that a notice was issued in the capital to establish a high-standard art troupe. At the moment, he is calling all places to submit materials for selection. I heard that regardless of whether you are in an art troupe, as long as the conditions are sufficient, you will have a chance. I was selected. I will send him to the capital for an interview and I will be able to meet the old leader."

Huh?

Si Nan didn't understand Han Bao's hint for a moment, and blinked at Han Bao with a confused look.

Han Bao patted Si Nan's hand and said with a serious look on his face, "Among the young girls in our village, you are the most popular with my aunt. You are so rare at first glance. Your sister-in-law's uncle's family will definitely go there tomorrow. Let's dress up. If you can be selected to go to the capital, you can't forget your aunt in the future."

No, my aunt, don't you think this sounds like a human trafficker?

"Look what Auntie said, I forgot that no one can forget Auntie. It's not as important as my brother marrying his sister-in-law, isn't it? Auntie, try this dried sand fruit, you dried it yourself in the autumn." He stood up to get something and took his hand out of Han Bao's hand. "Is the house ready? Is the kang in the new house burned? In such a day, a new house that has never been lived in must not be burned down. Three to five days."

"Who says it isn't? It's been burning for four days, and the earthy smell in the house hasn't gone away yet." After eating a piece of dried fruit, Han Bao told Simon about getting married in winter. Regarding the various difficulties faced by the daughter-in-law, "What can be done? We have some free time at this time of the year." We also have some money and food.

The son has a wife, and the family has a lot of life. Now that the business is done, Han Bao is about to leave. "I think it's getting cloudy again today. Tomorrow... I won't say it, I won't say it. I'll come over early tomorrow and have breakfast at my aunt's house." "

I won't miss the time. Tomorrow is a busy day. I know my aunt is busy. , I won't keep my aunt." After saying that, he stood up and sent Han Bao out.

After sending the person to the courtyard gate, Si Nan closed the courtyard door and returned to the house.

"Are you awake?" When he saw Chai Jian walking out of the room, Simon looked him over. Seeing that he looked good, he smiled and lifted the lid of the pot, "Are you feeling better? There's some rice left for you in the pot. Eat it. After eating and taking the medicine, you will feel better tomorrow."

A few days ago, the three brothers went to the mountains again and came back just before dawn. All three of them were frozen, but Wu Ming and Wu Liang were in better physical condition than Chai Jian. I had a big bowl of hot noodles and it was fine the next day after I started sweating.

After breakfast today, the two brothers went to Zhu's house to help, and they didn't come back after noon. Chai Jian went back to her room to sleep after breakfast and just got up now.

"Who came just now?" After taking the rice that Simon brought out from the pot, Chai Jian sat in the outer room, eating while talking to Simon who was cleaning the stove.

"The bridegroom's mother." After a few months, Chai Jian has been able to communicate normally. She has had more contact with him, and knows that there is nothing serious wrong with this man. Si Nan is also willing to talk to him more. Seeing Chai Jian take the initiative to ask, she told her that Han Bao had told her to go early tomorrow, but he didn't say anything about the selection of people in the capital.

After all, this kind of thing is too far away for her.