Chapter 20: A Closed Chapter

Sahara: Hey, Apollo.

Sahara: I would just like to say thank you.

Sahara: For sharing your safe space with me.

Sahara: For showing me that Hermosa is good, after all.

Sahara: For everything. Really.

Apollo: You're welcome.

Apollo: And take care always.

***

It's been almost two months now since I left my husband and went back here to Hermosa. And honestly, it's the first time I have felt this light waking up. Sporting a huge smile on my face, I couldn't help but snuggle closer to my pillow and comforter.

I think bum life is agreeing with me. No alarm clocks to scandalize you in the mornings. No power-tripping bosses and perverted art collectors. No deadlines and no stressful workload.

But then again, I miss the grind. I miss the joy and fulfillment I feel after the end of an art exhibition I helped organize. Also, I miss interacting with the artists who are passionate about their craft. I miss finding priceless artifacts from private collections and I really, really miss discovering talents from different mediums of art.

Pero hindi ko rin maitatanggi na unti-unti na rin akong tinatanggap ng Hermosa at muli na akong napapamahal sa Hermosa dahil sa mga taong nakilala ko.

So the text message from Makati Museum's HR has torn me apart.

From: HR-Miss Judy

Hi, Sahara.

Are you ready to come back tomorrow?

Wow. I thought I wouldn't receive this text message because of Dash's family connection with my work. But here it is. They want me back.... and they want me to start working again in Makati tomorrow.

My healing time in Hermosa is officially over.

***

I decided to bite the bullet immediately and tell Apollo over breakfast that I was leaving. Akala ko kung anu-ano pang itatanong niya sa akin. Pero he just looked at me for a beat before nodding his head.

Of course, he won't say anything to stop me. I mean, why would he?

He was probably looking forward to this day. Finally, magiging malaya na rin siya ulit sa sarili niyang bahay. Hindi na niya ako kailangan makita every time na kakain siya dito sa farmhouse niya.

"What time are you planning to leave?"

Nagulat ako at napatingin kay Apollo at nakita siyang nakatingin sa akin. He was done with his breakfast, mukhang inuubos na lang niya ang kape niya.

"Wala naman akong target time. Siguro after ko mag-impake at magpaalam kina Manang Jocelyn, I'm good to go na by that time."

"Alright," sabi nito bago muling tumango. "If you need anything else before you have to leave, don't hesitate to ask me for help, okay?"

I flashed a grateful smile at him. He didn't have to do that, but I'm really glad he's the time of guy who would ask.

"Seriously, Apollo. I don't need anything," I answered him, still wearing a bright smile. "I got it covered. I'm just going to pack my things and then I can get out of your hair na."