Chapter 10: Hurricane

Ysmael: I heard someone's playing house again

Reed: Dude, it's awkward

Ysmael: Why is he torturing himself again?

Reed: Like what you did last year?

Reed: Just to get your girl back?

Ysmael: Wow

Ysmael: We're talking about Apollo here

Reed: Dude's not going to answer lmao

***

Apollo's POV

I took a deep breath as I floored the gas and left Hacienda Arcangel. White-knuckling the steering wheel, I continued driving like a bat in hell just to get away from my ex-girlfriend. Frustrated with myself, I shake the images of her this morning by the riverside.

Her long black hair was plastered against her shoulders, gleaming from the first rays of the morning sun. Her beautiful makeup-free face, her smiling lips. Her curves were visible through the wet nightgown she wore.

No matter how much I shake the images off my head, they just won't leave me. They have been burned through my mind the moment I saw her resurfaced from the water.

God, I'm so fucking pathetic. While I was dying here, she was probably laughing and skipping as she went to Everly's place.

I still can't believe she's here in Hermosa. It's been a week and for someone who packed her shit and left without a trace, she's not showing any indication when she's leaving.

It's been five years and I'm still here. Sa loob ng panahon na nawala siya, she built a new life for herself without any of our help. She's got Leila and her old friends and that was enough for her to make a new life without us, without me.

She also found a husband.

She has moved on and I'm still here right where she left me. Frozen in time, still waiting for her to come back even when I learned she had married her old best friend. She could joke about us like what happened between us wasn't traumatic for her. Like it was too small for her to think about now.

Sino nga ba naman ako sa buhay niya ngayon? I'm just the ex-boyfriend who was almost her stepbrother. She has a new problem now. She has a marriage she wants to get annulled. Living with me again was probably the last of her concerns.

But it fucking hurts seeing her so nonchalant. There was awkwardness, sure. Hindi naman maiiwasan 'yun. But seeing how easily she got over it, how easily she forgot about the feeling of being that close to the person you wanted to be with all the time.

'Tang ina. Hindi na nga ako 'yun. When will I finally accept the truth? When will I fucking understand that her feelings for me are long gone now?

But the man she married cheated on her.

The same man who she was laughing with that night, the night I thought looked the happiest she had ever been, cheated on her and now that man is harassing her to get back with him.

She still married someone else. Kaya bakit siya maiilang sa akin kung kaya niya akong tratuhin ngayon bilang isang acquaintance na lang? To her, we barely know each other. I was just a part of her past.

Now, I'm just some guy that she used to date five years ago, while she remains to be the one that got away from me.

***