𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

As the summer sun began to cast its golden glow over the rolling English countryside, Lucian Everheart found himself standing at the bustling platform of King's Cross Station

As the summer sun began to cast its golden glow over the rolling English countryside, Lucian Everheart found himself standing at the bustling platform of King's Cross Station. It was an ordinary day, filled with ordinary people going about their ordinary lives. But for Lucian, this was no ordinary day.

He adjusted the strap of his worn leather satchel, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness coursing through his veins. This was his first time visiting Hermione in England, a chance to explore her world and create precious memories together. They had spent countless hours exchanging letters, pouring their hearts out onto parchment and sharing their deepest dreams and fears.

The train whistle blew, echoing through the station, and Lucian's heart skipped a beat. He stood on his tiptoes, searching for a familiar face in the sea of bustling travelers. And then he saw her - Hermione, her bushy brown hair bouncing as she made her way towards him.

Their eyes met, and time seemed to stand

still as the world around them faded into the background. Lucian couldn't help but notice how Hermione's smile lit up her entire face, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

With a quick and eager stride, she reached him, enveloping his frame within her arms in a tight embrace. Her fingers eagerly entwined themselves in his hair as she pressed her lips against his, savoring the warmth and softness of his kiss. It felt like coming home after a long journey, familiar yet exhilarating at the same time. Their bodies molded together in perfect harmony, igniting sparks of passion that swirled around them like fireflies on a summer night.

With each kiss, she felt her heart beat faster and her love for him grow stronger, until they were both lost in the moment and nothing else mattered except for the two of them in each other's arms.

"I've missed you," Hermione whispered, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

Lucian held her tightly, his heart swelling with a mix of joy and relief. It had been weeks since they last saw each other, and the longing to be together again had grown stronger with each passing day. Finally, they were reunited.

Throughout the summer, Lucian made three trips to visit Hermione. Each time, they would venture out into the picturesque countryside, just as they had done the year before. They would explore hidden paths and stumble upon quaint villages, taking in the sights and sounds of nature surrounding them. On lazy days, they would simply spend hours nestled in his father's cozy bookshop, surrounded by the comforting scent of old pages and leather-bound books. No matter where they went or what they did, their time together was filled with laughter and a deep sense of contentment.

Hermione followed the members of the Order of the Phoenix up the steps to Grimmauld Place 12, knowing that communication would not be as easy as sending letters. The grand, intimidating structure seemed to guard hidden mysteries, and Hermione's heart fluttered with a mix of anticipation and fear. Unfortunately, they were prohibited from using owls to contact those outside, as the order was sworn to secrecy.

The once strong bond between Lucian and Hermione began to fade, like a dying flame struggling against the wind. Their summer of romance had started with such hope and promise, but now it seemed that hope had withered and died. During the school year, a bombshell was dropped on their relationship, causing frustration and confusion for Lucian.

He longed for communication from Hermione's side, but she was not allowed to offer an explanation for her sudden disappearance from his life during the summer. The two eventually made up, but the distance between them had grown too great. What used to be constant owls back and forth had turned into occasional letters sent once a month at best. And as the end of the year approached, even those became increasingly scarce, like precious drops of water in a desert.

Both teenagers were consumed by heartbreak, their young hearts shattered into a million pieces. For nearly two long years they lived apart, each day feeling like an eternity as they longed to be reunited.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Teenage romances rarely have a happy ending, but that doesn't mean Lucian and Hermione won't find each other again. Thank you all for reading SYNCHRONY and be sure to keep an eye out for the sequel :)