𝟏𝟗: 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

The weekend had passed, and the initial excitement surrounding the Triwizard Tournament's First Task had gradually died down

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The weekend had passed, and the initial excitement surrounding the Triwizard Tournament's First Task had gradually died down. Students went about their usual routines, but Hogwarts, as any school, had its fair share of gossip. And this time, the gossip was focused on a certain pair – Lucian and Genevieve.

Unbeknownst to Lucian, rumors had started to spread like wildfire through the castle's corridors. Whispers and hushed conversations followed the two whenever they were seen together. Some students believed they had witnessed secret glances and stolen moments, while others swore they'd heard laughter that sounded a bit too flirtatious.

Hermione Granger had heard the rumors, too. It was during a casual conversation in the library, where she was researching an obscure potion for her upcoming exams. She overheard a group of giggling girls discussing the latest Hogwarts gossip.

"Have you heard?" one of them whispered excitedly. "Lucian from Ilvermorny and that Beauxbatons girl, Genevieve, they've been seen together quite a lot. People are saying they might be dating!"

Hermione's heart skipped a beat as she listened, pretending to be engrossed in her book. She couldn't deny that the news bothered her. She had already decided a few weeks ago to push down her feelings for Lucian. She believed she wouldn't stand a chance against someone as enchanting as him.

Feeling a mixture of jealousy, hurt, and a lingering sadness, Hermione made a quick excuse to leave the library. She couldn't bear to hear more of the rumors. She needed to sort out her own feelings before confronting Lucian.

Meanwhile, Lucian and Genevieve continued to spend time together, enjoying each other's company without being fully aware of the growing gossip about them. On this particular day, they were walking through the Hogwarts halls, engaged in a lively conversation about magical creatures.

"I must say, Lucian," Genevieve said with a playful smile, "you've opened my eyes to the wonders of magical creatures here at Hogwarts. They're truly fascinating."

Lucian grinned, his thoughts momentarily distracted from the recent events. "Well, Genevieve, I'm glad I could show you a bit of our magical world. But I must admit, Beauxbatons' expertise in magical creatures is equally impressive."

As they walked, deep in conversation, they turned a corner and almost collided with another student. It was Hermione Granger, who had been lost in thought as she made her way through the halls.

"Sorry," Lucian mumbled, stepping back to avoid the collision.

Hermione's heart raced as she recognized Lucian's voice. She had hoped to avoid any awkward encounters, but fate had other plans. She glanced up and met his eyes briefly before quickly looking away.

Genevieve, unaware of the undercurrents between Lucian and Hermione, greeted her with a friendly smile. "Bonjour, Hermione."

"Hello," Hermione replied tersely, her tone polite but distant.

The atmosphere grew awkward as the three of them stood there in silence. Lucian, sensing the tension, cleared his throat. "Well, we should get going, Genevieve. We have someplace to be."

Genevieve nodded, her brow furrowing in confusion at the palpable discomfort in the air. "Of course. Au revoir, Hermione."

"Goodbye," Hermione replied, her gaze never quite meeting Lucian's.

As Lucian and Genevieve walked away, Hermione felt a mixture of emotions swirling within her. She had heard the rumors, and even though she hadn't been officially dating Lucian, the idea of him being interested in someone else stung. Yet, she also couldn't deny her own reluctance to take the next step in their relationship.

Lucian, on the other hand, couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that had settled over him after the encounter. He had noticed Hermione's distant demeanor, and it left him with a sense of unease. The rumors about Genevieve had somehow created a wall of misunderstanding between them, and he wasn't sure how to break it down.

The days that followed were marked by a series of brief and awkward encounters between Lucian and Hermione. They would cross paths in the corridors or find themselves in the same room during common room gatherings, but their interactions were stilted, filled with unspoken words and unaddressed feelings.

One evening, as Lucian was heading to the library to study, he saw something that sent a pang of jealousy coursing through him. Through the library's open door, he spotted Hermione sitting at a table with Harry Potter, engrossed in a thick tome and engaged in a deep conversation.

His heart sank as he watched them, his mind racing with thoughts he hadn't allowed himself to acknowledge. The sight of Hermione with Harry, who had been the subject of the rumors in the Daily Prophet, fueled his jealousy and insecurity. He couldn't help but think that Hermione had moved on, that she had found someone else to share her interests and her time.

Lucian turned away from the library door, his steps heavy as he walked down the corridor. The budding romance he had thought he had with Hermione seemed to crumble before his eyes, replaced by a feeling of helplessness and loss.

Little did he know that Hermione was just as conflicted and confused. As she studied with Harry, her heart ached at the sight of Lucian's distant figure walking away. She had pushed her feelings down, convinced that they could never be together, but seeing Lucian's reaction to her spending time with Harry brought a new wave of emotions to the surface.

As the days turned into weeks, the misunderstandings and unspoken feelings between Lucian and Hermione continued to fester. Their budding romance, once on the brink of coming to light, remained hidden in the shadows, tangled in a web of jealousy, missed opportunities, and unspoken words.

And so, the story of their hidden feelings continued, with each passing day deepening the divide between them, until they could no longer deny the undeniable truth – that their hearts were entwined in a way that neither of them could fully comprehend or escape.

𝟏 | 𝐒𝐘𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐘 HERMIONE GRANGERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें