𝟏𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Lucian stood beside Hermione, offering her his support and understanding in the aftermath of Harry's unexpected selection as a Triwizard champion

Lucian stood beside Hermione, offering her his support and understanding in the aftermath of Harry's unexpected selection as a Triwizard champion. His attention was soon drawn to a red-haired boy approaching them – Ron Weasley, Harry's best friend and one of his most fiercely protective companions.

Ron's furrowed brow betrayed his suspicion and a touch of jealousy as he eyed Lucian, perceiving him as an outsider. With a hint of sarcasm, he quipped, "So, Hermione, who's this? Another one of Harry's admirers, I presume?"

Hermione shot Ron a disapproving glance, but Lucian remained composed and friendly, though a trace of irritation colored his response. "Actually, Ron, I'm Lucian. Lucian Everhart. We've crossed paths briefly before. I'm not here as a fan; I'm here as a friend of Hermione's. We share the same concern for Harry's well-being."

Ron's skepticism remained steadfast, and he crossed his arms, defensively asserting, "Well, mate, you might want to stick to your own crowd. We've got this situation under control."

Lucian's patience was wearing thin, but he kept his tone amicable. "I understand your apprehension, Ron, but we're all here for the same reason – to support Harry. He's our friend, and we'll stand by him no matter what."

Hermione tried to mediate, attempting to diffuse the mounting tension. "Ron, Lucian is from Ilvermorny. While he may not know Harry as intimately as we do, he's genuinely here to help. Let's work together."

However, Ron's protectiveness and unease about the newcomer were not so easily dissuaded. He shook his head firmly, his expression unwavering. "No, Hermione. I don't trust him. I'm going to find Harry."

With those resolute words, Ron turned on his heel and walked away, leaving Lucian and Hermione behind. Lucian watched Ron's retreating figure, a mixture of comprehension and exasperation on his face.

Hermione sighed, her shoulders slumping under the weight of her worries. "I know, Lucian. This whole situation is so unexpected and perilous. It's hard not to be stressed."

Lucian nodded in agreement, his tone gentle. "I completely understand, Hermione. It's a lot to absorb. But we'll navigate this together, and we'll be here for Harry through every challenge he faces."

Hermione appreciated Lucian's support and gave him a thankful smile. "Thank you, Lucian. I'm grateful you're here."

Shifting the conversation to a different topic, Hermione asked, "Lucian, what do you think about your friend Emily being chosen as the Ilvermorny champion?"

Lucian's face lit up with enthusiasm as he thought about Emily. "I'm over the moon for her, Hermione. Emily's a phenomenal Quodpot player, and her dedication has truly paid off. She absolutely deserves this opportunity."

Hermione could detect Lucian's genuine excitement, yet she also sensed a tinge of concern lurking beneath the surface. "You seem to have mixed emotions, though. Is something bothering you?"

Lucian let out a sigh, running his hand through his hair. "It's just... the Triwizard Tournament can be incredibly hazardous. Emily's undoubtedly skilled, but these tasks are unlike anything we've ever encountered. I just want her to stay safe."

Hermione nodded in empathy. "I can understand your worry. It's only natural to be concerned about our friends in a situation like this. However, knowing Emily, she's as resolute as you are. She'll give it her absolute best."

Lucian smiled at Hermione's words. "You're absolutely right, Hermione. Emily doesn't shy away from challenges, and her competitive spirit will drive her to excel."

Their conversation flowed effortlessly, shifting away from the initial tension and centering on their shared apprehensions for their friends participating in the Triwizard Tournament. Amid the uncertainties and trials, their friendship served as a comforting anchor, reminding them that they weren't alone in their anxieties and hopes for the safety and triumph of their beloved companions.