𝟏𝟎: 𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

The Great Hall at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry buzzed with anticipation as students took their seats at their respective house tables

The Great Hall at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry buzzed with anticipation as students took their seats at their respective house tables. Hermione Granger sat among her fellow Gryffindors, her thoughts still haunted by the unsettling events of the Quidditch World Cup.

Images of dark wizards and chaos filled her mind, casting a shadow over the usual excitement of the new school year. She had shared her concerns with Ron and Harry, who had offered their support but didn't press her for details.

As the students settled in, the grand doors at the head of the hall swung open, and Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts, made his way to the lectern. His presence commanded attention, and a hush fell over the Great Hall.

Dumbledore began his speech, welcoming both new and returning students to another year of magical education. He spoke of the values that made Hogwarts a sanctuary of learning and acceptance. The warmth and wisdom in his words reassured Hermione, if only momentarily, that she was in a place where she belonged.

However, Dumbledore's speech took an unexpected turn. "This year, Hogwarts will host the TriWizard Tournament," he announced, and a murmur of excitement rippled through the hall. "Traditionally, we have welcomed students from Durmstrang Institute, a respected school in Eastern Europe, to participate in this prestigious competition. However, due to recent events and in the interest of maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for all students, Durmstrang has not been invited to this year's tournament."

Hermione couldn't help but feel a twinge of curiosity about the TriWizard Tournament, despite her lingering unease. She listened closely as Dumbledore continued, "In place of Durmstrang, we have extended an invitation to Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, located in the United States. We look forward to fostering international friendships and learning from one another."

As Dumbledore spoke, the massive doors at the far end of the Great Hall opened once more. In walked the students of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, their headmistress, Madame Maxime, towering above them. They were a sight to behold in their elegant blue uniforms, and their entrance was met with polite applause.

Following Beauxbatons, it was the turn of the Ilvermorny students to enter. Hermione watched as they filed into the Great Hall, their robes a striking combination of blue and cranberry, unlike anything she had seen before. She noted their American accents and wondered what magical wonders awaited them at Ilvermorny.

Amidst the Ilvermorny students, Hermione's eyes darted across the sea of unfamiliar faces, scanning the crowd for any signs of familiarity. She caught a glimpse of a young man, his features vaguely reminiscent of someone she had known. However, her thoughts were consumed by her own reservations and the impact of recent events.

Hermione dismissed the notion, convincing herself that it couldn't possibly be who she thought it was. The possibility of encountering someone from her secret summer with Lucian seemed too improbable. She refocused her attention on Dumbledore's speech, the enigmatic student momentarily forgotten.

But across the Great Hall, Lucian Everhart stood amidst his peers, his heart racing as he recognized Hermione Granger among the Hogwarts students. He couldn't believe his eyes, his mind struggling to grasp the reality of this unexpected encounter.

As Dumbledore's speech continued, Lucian's thoughts swirled with disbelief and intrigue. Fate had once again woven their paths together, this time within the hallowed halls of Hogwarts.