𝟐𝟎: 𝐀 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

The students of Thunderbird and Gryffindor found themselves gathered in the grand ballroom of Hogwarts Castle, adorned with elegant decorations in preparation for the upcoming Yule Ball

The students of Thunderbird and Gryffindor found themselves gathered in the grand ballroom of Hogwarts Castle, adorned with elegant decorations in preparation for the upcoming Yule Ball. Professor McGonagall stood at the front, her stern expression softening as she prepared to teach them a classic dance – the Waltz.

Lucian and Hermione, despite their recent awkwardness, couldn't escape being paired together for the dance. As they stood there, side by side, awaiting Professor McGonagall's instructions, a heavy silence hung in the air. Their once-easy friendship had taken an unexpected turn, and both were unsure how to bridge the gap.

Lucian, always the charmer, decided to take the initiative. With a small, hesitant smile, he turned to Hermione and asked, "So, Hermione, has Harry asked you to the Yule Ball yet?"

Hermione, taken aback by the question, couldn't help but chuckle. "Why would Harry ask me to the ball?"

Lucian blinked in surprise, realizing that perhaps the rumors he had heard were just that – rumors. "Well, you know how Harry is, always the popular one," he replied, trying to keep the conversation light.

Hermione shook her head, her expression turning serious. "Lucian, you know those rumors in the Daily Prophet about Harry and me dating? They're absolutely untrue. Harry and I are just friends, and we've always been just friends."

Lucian's eyes widened in realization as he remembered the article he had read. "I see," he said, feeling somewhat relieved that the rumors had been cleared up.

Before they could continue their conversation, Professor McGonagall began the dance lesson, demonstrating the elegant steps of the Waltz with her partner, Ron Weasley. McGonagall's precise footwork and graceful movements showcased her mastery of the dance, earning her an appreciative round of applause from the students.

"Now, everyone, please find a partner," McGonagall instructed. "And remember, the key to a successful Waltz is trust and synchronization."

As the students paired up and started practicing the dance, McGonagall moved around the room, offering guidance and encouragement. She paired up Ron with Lavender Brown, Seamus Finnigan with Parvati Patil, Neville Longbottom with Ginny Weasley, and so on.

Lucian and Hermione, despite their initial awkwardness, found themselves falling into the rhythm of the dance surprisingly well. Their movements were fluid and synchronized, as if they had been dancing together for years. McGonagall noticed their chemistry and decided to pair them up for a demonstration.

"Mr. Everhart and Miss Granger," she announced, "please come to the front and demonstrate the Waltz for the class."

Lucian and Hermione exchanged glances, momentarily breaking free from the tension that had gripped them. As they gracefully waltzed across the floor, the other students watched in awe. It was a dance that required trust and synchronization, and Lucian and Hermione executed it flawlessly.

The applause that followed their performance filled the room, and for a brief moment, Lucian and Hermione shared a genuine smile. The awkwardness seemed to melt away, replaced by a sense of familiarity and comfort.

However, not everyone in the room was pleased with their performance. Ron Weasley, who had been watching from the sidelines, felt a pang of jealousy as he saw Hermione dancing so elegantly with Lucian. He had always been protective of Hermione, and seeing her with another guy stirred up mixed emotions.

As they continued to dance and practice, the tension between them gradually faded. Lucian and Hermione found themselves laughing and talking like they used to, and the unease that had hung in the air began to dissipate.

When the class finally came to an end, Professor McGonagall offered a few parting words of encouragement. "Remember, the Yule Ball is a night of magic, and the most important thing is to enjoy yourselves. Now, off to your common rooms, and continue practicing. The Yule Ball is just around the corner."

Lucian and Hermione, still standing together, exchanged a warm smile. They bid each other goodbye, their friendship rekindled, and their hearts lighter than they had been in weeks.

As Hermione walked away, Lucian watched her go, his mind racing with thoughts of the Yule Ball and the possibilities that lay ahead. He realized that there was still a chance – a chance for a magical night with Hermione, a chance to create memories that would last a lifetime.

And so, with newfound hope and determination, Lucian made his way to the greenhouse, where he carefully selected a handful of violets, Hermione's favorite flowers. With the delicate blooms in hand, he journeyed to the Gryffindor common room, ready to take a chance and ask Hermione to the Yule Ball.

Lucian stood before the Fat Lady's portrait, his heart pounding as he waited for the door to be opened. Finally, the door swung inward, revealing Harry on the other side. Lucian wasted no time.

"Harry, could you please get Hermione? I need to talk to her."

Harry, sensing the urgency in Lucian's voice, nodded and disappeared into the common room. Lucian paced nervously, the violets trembling in his hand as he rehearsed what he would say.

After what felt like an eternity, the door finally opened, and Hermione stood there, her expression a mix of curiosity and surprise. "Lucian, what's going on?"

Lucian took a deep breath, his heart pounding. "Hermione, I've been a fool. I should have realized sooner, but... Hermione, will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

Hermione, her eyes wide with shock, could hardly believe what she was hearing. Lucian had just asked her to the ball, and for a moment, she was speechless.

Then, with a radiant smile, Hermione replied, "Yes, Lucian, I would love to."

As Lucian and Hermione shared a heartfelt embrace, the violets in his hand symbolized not only their rekindled friendship, but also the blossoming romance that had found its way back into their lives.