Chapter 31

Olivia Jones

I could stop dreaming of Jerome touching me and me killing him with that piece of glass, his disgusting face kept haunting my every thought. It got so bad that every time Chris came close to me I tensed up. It was the way he smirked at me when he thought I was going to give into him, his scratchy voice that whispered in my ear when he told me he loved me, the way he looked at me with lust in his eyes and treated me like prey. When he dug his nails in my thighs to put some claim over me. It was like every dream I had a dark side of me was shown, I had all black eyes, the piece of glass was in my hand and I crumbled it like it was a piece of paper. Blood leaked out of my hand and I was just standing there smiling weirdly. I woke up one day thinking I had blood all over me and screamed. I had my guard up so high that I accidentally hit Chris in the nose when he pulled me close to him and I felt so bad that I couldn't even look at him anymore. I didn't think that being back home would feel like this, I thought that I would be happy but I feel so scared, so depressed and trapped in my mind. 

My body started healing up in over 3 months but mentally I was a mess and I decided to go to therapy, that was the only way for me to get back to myself. Even though I couldn't look Chris in the eyes right now I asked him to go with me so I could have the support I needed from him. I did hate sitting around all day and it sucked that I had to learn how to move my leg again, she really tried to paralyze me but I bounced back. I had a broken arm, a few bruised ribs, she almost cut an artery if she went deeper into my wrists. That bitch was trying to kill me over a man that ain't even worth cherishing. I'm glad that I can finally leave the house even though I'm so afraid to be seen out in public with Chris. 

Today was my first session which I was determined to let a lot out for the sake of my mental health, the sake of our relationship and getting a whole bunch of stress off me. I got dressed in the walk-in closet so I didn't have to face Chris and came out with my head down when he was sitting on the bed.

"Baby?"-He called to me

"Yes?"-I said still looking at my feet

"When are you going to look at me? I told you it wasn't a big deal when you hit me and you don't have to feel sorry, I should've eased into holding you or asked you was it okay"-He grabbed my hand

"I know it's just I still feel bad because you're only trying to be there for me after what I've been through. I hit you as if I was protecting myself from you and I can't look at you knowing I hurt you when you did nothing wrong."-I shook my head

"It's killing me that you won't look into my eyes because I miss the way you look at me when we're talking or how you bite your lip when I wink at you and that dimple show. I just want you to know that I'm here for you no matter what."-He lifted my head up

I tried hard not to look at him but when he smiled my heart melted and I felt like my legs were turning into jelly. He grabbed me before I fell and hugged me. I tensed up but relaxed when he caressed my back and my body relaxed because his scent brought me back to the comfort of his embrace. 

"Thank you for being patient with me"-I said looking up at him for the first time in 3 months

"Of course baby, you look beautiful by the way and are you ready to go?"-He winked at me

"Yes and thank you"-I blushed

He grabbed my hand in his and we walked down the stairs, as we got to the bottom of the stairs I started panicking because I haven't been outside in 3 whole months and I was scared to leave the comfort of our new home. We moved out of the mansion he lived in half his life because he wanted to make sure that all of us were safe, it was a 5 bedroom, with a garage for his cars, pool, basketball court, everything basically in his old mansion was here. I still haven't gotten a new car either because I was scared to drive by myself too, I'm sure poor Midnight was catching dust.