Epilogue

6 Months Later

Y/N POV

The nether sucks. But it's the best place to hide, and make sure to be alone. My house is small, but is big enough to hold everything I need. It's right beside a lava pool, like the nether version of a beach house. I stand in front of the lava, and grab my compass necklace. The arrow is spinning wildly, not being able to sense its match, being in the nether. I put my arm out to drop it, but I can't let go. I sigh, putting it back on. Even 6 months later, I still can't let go of my damn feelings. I got rid of my mask the first day, so nothing would connect me to Dream. Why won't my heart let me do the same with Wilbur. I walk back to my house in defeat, to see a pig running around through the corner of my eye. Except it wasn't any normal pig. It was wearing a crown, along with red royal robes? I try sneaking up to take a closer look, when he suddenly gets out a crossbow, and starts shooting fireworks! I yelp, and dodge to the side. He keeps shooting as I dodge behind some nether rack. "I guess I have to fight" I mutter to myself, and get out my enchanted crossbow. I hide for a few seconds more, before jumping out, and shooting my crossbow at lighting speed. I then get closer, using my sword, making it harder for him to shoot at me and forcing him to get out a sword. We slash our swords together, sparks flying everywhere. He was fast, but I was faster. The smell of fire filling our longs, we fight each other in a way that looked like a complicated dance, but one small misstep, and I'd be dead. We keep on going, waiting for one of us to make a mistake. Until I was the one who made it, as he swept my leg, and I fell to the ground, sword to my throat. I close my eyes, waiting for my inevitable demise. "Not good enough" the pig man says, taking his sword off my throat. I open my eyes in surprise. "Excuse me, huh?" I ask, confused. "Not good enough. Try again." he repeats, picking my sword up from off the ground and handing it to me. I hold my sword without moving, not being to comprehend what this dude meant. "I'm not gonna wait here all day, are you gonna fight or not?" He asks, rolling his eyes. So I fought. I fought again, and again, and again, until I couldn't anymore. Is this his form of torture? Who even is this dude. Finally, 3 hours later of non-stop fighting, he puts his sword into his sheath. "Not bad, but you still have a lot more to improve on if you're going to survive on this server." he states, giving me a hand to help me up off the ground. "Who even are you, and how did you get so good?" I ask, amazed at his pure skill. He laughs, before noticing I wasn't joking. "Wait, seriously?" he asks, and I nod. "You never heard of Technoblade, The Blade, or the Blood God?" he says, shocked. I shrug. "I think my brother mentioned you once?" I say. He shrugs in response. "Listen, you aren't that bad at fighting. However, you could be much, much better." he says bluntly. "I will train you, so you can survive in this world. However, you'll owe me a favour." Techno states. "And I'm supposed to just trust you?" I ask, and he turns back towards me. "Hey, I'm offering you training after beating you in a fight and almost killing you, and I don't even know your name. I think that proves myself trustworthy" he shrugs. I shake my head. "Everything you just said proves why I shouldn't trust you" I cringe. This 'Technoblade' was not making it easy for me to trust him. "Well, if you want to follow me, I have a base outside the portal you can stay and train in." he says, before walking away. I stare, ultimately deciding if he was gonna kill me, he would've done it already, and following. I look at my compass. And look at my reflection in my armour. I have changed a lot in these past 6 months. My hair is longer, I don't have a mask, and I don't smile. I haven't smiled. Maybe training with Technoblade will finally get me the revenge I seek. 

Wilbur POV

Dear Y/N, 

Six months since you left. Well, six months since I exiled you. Six months worth of letters, explaining time and time again, why I did what I did, and how much I regret it. Six months of letters that will never be sent. They all think you're dead. Dream sent his people searching everywhere. They all gave up after a month. Tommy and Tubbo lasted three months. I never stopped looking. But every morning when I wake up, and every night before I go to bed, I check the compass, and it still spins wildly out of control. Does that mean you're dead, or it's been destroyed, or both, or neither? I can never be sure of which with you, Y/N. I miss your name, leaving my heart before looking at the stars on the hill. I miss your voice, saying we're enemies before planting a kiss on the cheek. I miss you, Y/N. I should've told you why, instead of hurting you, but I did it, for my own selfish reasons. It would've hurt more seeing you leave for our freedom, sacrificing your own. It would've hurt more telling you to do so, along with why. This will be my biggest regret. That is one of the reasons why I've decided to hold an election. I haven't told anyone yet. I feel like no one respects my authority anymore. I hope this election changes that, and I hope, if you were still here, that you would've supported this. Anyway, I hope you are doing well, wherever you are, whether dead or alive. You will probably never see this letter, being put in a box with all the others, but if you do somehow see this, just know that I'm sorry. And I love you. 

-Wilbur

I put down my quill and sigh, reading over the letter. I write a new letter every day, one I know she'll never read. It's pointless, I know, but I still do it anyway. Don't ask me why. I stand up, and go to my closet, where there's a small secret compartment in the back corner, hiding a small box, covered in stars and constellations. I open it, and put the newest letter in, on top of the others. I go back to my chair, and sit down. Tiredly, I check m compass again, before standing in shock. It stopped spinning. 

A/N Hello everyone, and welcome to the end of this book! I'm so glad you all made it, and thank you for taking this incredible journey with me. It's been such a pleasure writing this book, and interacting with you all. Also, sorry for taking a while to update with the epilogue, this was a hard chapter to write, for many reasons. It might also take a while to publish the first chapter of the next book, as I need to edit this one, fix plot holes, and stuff, but I'll try to do that quickly so we can get back to our Y/N-Wilbur drama. I'm so excited for that, and I hope you are too! Anyway, if you have any suggestions/other things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Thank you so much for reading, and I can't wait to see you in the next book!

Word Count: 1336 words :)