Chapter 12: Back to L'Manburg

Y/N POV:

I sat in a clearing, wrapping up my cut from the arrow with some emergency supplies I found in the woods. I walked for several hours away from the SMP, so I could have a head start on them before George told them what happened. Thinking of what I did makes me feel guilty, as George didn't deserve this. He's my friend, or was my friend anyway. The problem is, he is Dream's best friend, and extremely loyal to him. I finish wrapping up my bandages and begin walking again. I need to go back to L'Manburg, that is where I belong. Then, I see another skeleton and kill it, which drops me a bow, arrows, and a bone, which is better than the cheap wooden bow I've been using, because I didn't bring any of my supplies when I left. Killing that skeleton made me more energetic than I was earlier, so I keep pushing on. If I focus on moving, I'm less likely to focus on my brother's betrayal. And if I think about that, there is no stopping my roller coaster of emotions. I cut down a tree to make an axe, and start to find somewhere to mine, so I can get iron. I want to have some armour of my own before arriving back at L'Manburg, in case things go downhill. After walking towards L'Manburg for a while to see if there is a cave, a ruined portal pops up in the distance. "Perfect" I thought. I can try to fix the ruined portal and get netherite, plus the chests usually have good gear. Inside the chests, there were 2 pieces of obsidian, which was just enough to fix the portal, an enchanted gold pickaxe, flint and steel and enchanted gold leggings. I put on the gold legging and fix the portal, and go in. I spawn right near a fortress, and quickly loot for diamonds. 3, yes! I then go mining, which is surprisingly therapeutic. Nothing like hitting blocks over and over to help you with your anger over your brother! 10 hours later, I mined all the netherite and diamond I need for full netherite everything, plus a few extras just in case, and I'm ready to go back to the overworld. But before I do, a skeleton starts shooting me, and it had perfect aim. I didn't make my armour yet, so my best bet was to run for it, as I was close to the portal as it was. I sprinted as fast as I could, but before I could get through, the skeleton shot an arrow at my mask. It didn't hurt me, thank god, but the mask came off and fell into the lava below. I jump through the portal before the skeleton could shoot anymore, but the damage was done. I was not faceless. I needed a mask, quick. It's not just something to share with my brother, it's a barrier between me and the world. There is only one thing I can do. Make a new mask. And maybe a whole new wardrobe while I'm at it, out of netherite, because the smile mask and green hoodie gives too much Dream vibes, not enough me vibes. I start smelting the netherite while planning my mask and outfit, and a few drafts later, I finally have it. I get leather, and make my new mask and outfit. My mask is like my original one in shape, but instead of a smiley face, it has a big X on the front. The outfit was made with woven netherite and leather, with black, and dark green to camouflage.

 The outfit was made with woven netherite and leather, with black, and dark green to camouflage

A/N: Had to draw my own mask as I couldn't find one I could imagine with Y/N online

A/N: Had to draw my own mask as I couldn't find one I could imagine with Y/N online. If you don't like the outfit, you can change it to whatever you want, this is just for inspiration :))

I finished making all my netherite stuff, and then smiled. Now I'm ready to head back to L'Manburg. And (hopefully), ready to see Wilbur. Let's hope nothing changed during the week I was gone!

Wilbur POV

It's been one week since Y/N left, and I still haven't gotten over it. I've barely even gotten out of bed for the past few days, much less done any presidential stuff other than stuff I could do easily, or from my room. I can't sleep, and eat, nothing. Tubbo has been really sad too, and he came every day to my room to talk about things, which was therapeutic for both of us. But not today. Today, he was getting ready for the meeting tonight, in the hto dog van, and it wasn't any meeting. As Dream has given us the ultimatum, if we don't surrender, he'll blow up a piece of TNT in L'Manburg. I look at the time. 4 PM. Which means I have about 4 hours to be ready and at the hto dog van, as the meeting starts at sunset. I groan, I don't want to leave the blankets, much less my bed. I slowly roll, and sit up. My back cracks with the movement, which was probably not a good sign. I get up, and grab my yellow sweater with my black beanie. Y/N always loved that black beanie. "Ugh" I groaned to myself again. I need to get over it! She's gone! You need to focus on her brother now, who is threatening to explode your country! I slowly begin to get ready, and besides my obvious eye bags, I don't look bad. I hear a knock on my door, and Tommy opens it before I can say anything. "Are you ready?" he asks, and I nod, and we walk out together. He starts talking about random stuff, mostly, women, and I find myself laughing. I really missed this. I walk in the van, and inside are all the ranking L'Manburg citizens. Niki, Tubbo, Eret, Fundy (my son), Thunder, and Tommy. They all smile, wave, and greet me in their own individual ways. I smile back at them. "Let's get this meeting started, shall we? We all know why we are here, the bomb Dream has threatened us with. What is your opinion?" I ask, getting straight to business. "I think we can rebuild. He's only threatening one piece of TNT. What's the worst it can do?" Fundy states. "I don't know, Dream usually has something up his sleeve" say's Tubbo, and Niki nods and agrees. We debate about it for a couple of minutes when I hear a knock on the door. "Who could it be at this hour?" Eret asks in his usual deep voice. I shrug, and Thunder cautiously opens the door. Outside, I see a woman wearing a mask with a big X on the front, wearing a black and forest green hunting suit with a hood. I didn't recognize her at all, and it seemed like nobody else recognized her either. "Who are you?" I asked cautiously, everyone staring at this mystery woman. Saying nothing, she stepped inside the van, and when Thunder tried to stop her from getting closer, she tripped him, causing him to fall, and continued to walk towards me. "Who are you?" I ask again, standing up and staring her down. She laughed, and I felt like I recognized it from somewhere. "Don't you remember Wilbur? We are enemies." she said. I recognized that voice. 

Yayayayay another chapter! I bet you guys know who that voice is, and yayayayayay they are reunited once more. I love the glow up Y/N had when she decided instead of wearing the same mask and hoodie Dream wore to be like him, she made her own, kinda showing that she is becoming her own person instead of just 'Dream's twin'. I also love how she still however represents her roots with a mask and the forest green on her outfit, but made it her own! Symbolism, I love it!!!! Anyway, if you have any suggestions/things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1409 words.