Chapter 20 • London is lovely. Innit?

((this story is like #6 in UK, and the other top five have nothing to do with countryhumans. Imagine how confused a non countryhuman fan would be looking at that 💀💀

Also! Who is this 'Adrian' guy ppl kept talking about in the comments last chapter?? 😭😭))

---

No one's POV:

It's an average day in New York. Tempertarures were falling quickly. Winter was taking a full swing on everything: trees lost leaves, frost built up on windows and grass, nearly everyone was wearing coats and woollen hats to fight off the bitter weather. But, this mid-November weather only cited for a festive month up ahead, so spirits were high. Very high. And in the middle of the streets, wandering in human form as not to be noticed, was UN; simply taking a peaceful stroll through the streets.

He kept his hands put deeply into his pockets, keeping his head down low to avoid walking into anything. While he got a few stares from his height, it was nothing that bothered him much. As he continued to stride down the street, he eventually arrived back home.

An instant warmth rushed at UN as he entered his home: a quiet, lonesome, solitary place of bleak colours. The moment he shut the door, his body relaxed and shifted away from what made him appear human. It is quite a tiring task to remain in such an appearance for any CH. But, it is a task that must be done if they wish to avoid attention. And UN is the type who simply doesn't enjoy the hassle of others.

Even so, he can't exactly escape such hassle; just after a few steps into his home, the phone rung out from across the corridor and from one of the rooms. He gave a long winded sigh and, with every step taking as long as it pleased, walked to where the phone was chirping. If he left it for any longer, it would surely give up and end up unanswered. But, that'd be rude. So, begrudgingly, UN picked up the phone and held it to his ear.

"UN!" An American accent chimed through the other end, "I've been trying to call you for a bit. Why didn't you pick up?"
"Afternoon to you too, USA," UN responded, "I wasn't home. That's why I didn't pick up... What are you calling for?"
He sat himself down on a nearby chair, half listening, half looking about the room and thinking about any cleaning or sorting that had to be done. Eventually, he tuned back in to hear what America was saying.
"-I just don't see why we should have a meeting there!" He huffed.
"Sorry, the line cut out. Can you repeat yourself?" UN asked, now focusing.
America audibly sighed,
"Why are you hosting the meeting in London?"
"It's convenient," UN said, rather bluntly.
"Convenient? How?"
UN knew very well where this conversation was about to go, and wouldn't have any of it. Before America could ask anything else, he said,
"Convenient for me, not for you. End of, I'm not changing my mind about it. Anyways, I need to go. I'm busy; I'll speak to you later," and without hesitation he hung up.

Oh, right. A world meeting. One that's hosted at least once or twice a year just to check in and keep the peace (though to say how effective it is is debatable). It's been held in many places before, though often somewhere quite popular such as the land of free (America). But, this time UN has decided to host this meeting all the way in London, exactly where Britain is, and it's just a week away! And, of course, USSR will be attending - why wouldn't he? Just everyone's luck, isn't it?

~~~

Canada's POV:

I've been staying with father for awhile now and I'll keep staying with him until I'm certain he's better! I love my father, dearly, but I am very, very worried for him... I still remember what he told me a few days prior: his love interest... It's not what I expected at all. Not at all. And as much as I want to keep it secret - for his sake - I feel as if I must do something about it - for his sake, also. To even think about it in the first place puts a horrid taste in my mouth. It makes me gag just thinking about my own father paired with him. It's not right! It's just not right!