Goodbye, Echo

(Hope's POV)

"I-I don't even know you—I mean, I don't remember you," I look up at the batch. "I feel comfortable around them. I, in a way feel like I should stay with them."

A soft smile crosses his face.

"Sorry." I mutter.

"No, it's ok. I completely understand." Obi-Wan says then puts a hand on my shoulders. I slightly smile.

"I suppose I should get going then." He says.

"Already?" Echo asked.

"Yes, I just came to ask her the question and to check up on her." Obi-Wan says to Echo and his face slightly saddened.

"I understand, sir." Echo says then gives him a salute.

He stands up and looks at Echo.

"Your a good clone," Obi-Wan looks around at all of them. "You all are but the 'Clone Wars' is over now. This is your time to make the decision if you want to settle down and live your life or fight against the empire."

Everyone stays silent. Obi-Wan nods then begins to walk away.

"Sir," Echo says getting his attention. "May I go with you to help, for my brothers.  They need me more then this squad does."

Both me and Omega's face drops and we glance at each other then back at Echo.

"If that's what you want." Obi-wan says softly.

"What do you mean, Echo?" Omega asked, her not able to control the sadness in her tone.

Echo takes a deep breath then looks back at the batch.

"I believe—" Hunter cuts him off.

"Go. Ive known this was what you were meant to do. If you want to go, then go. We understand and wish you the best of luck." Hunter says and soft smile appears on his face.

"I'll meet you outside, Echo." Obi-Wan says and Echo nods his head. He walks out. Now it's just Echo and the batch.

"Aw, man! I'm gonna miss ya." Wrecker says with a playful hit to his arm.

"I do admit I will miss you. Thank you for your service while helping me." Tech says and Echo gives a slight nod.

"Goodbye, Echo." Crosshair says, trying to act like he doesn't care but is failing.

I stay completely silent. He looks up at me and was about to say something until Omega spoke up.

"Echo, why are we leaving? Did we do something wrong? Did I? Or—" Echo cuts her off by going down on one knee and softly smiling.

"You didn't do anything wrong, I promise. It's just, I could be doing so much more out there then staying here." Echo says and her eyes get glossy.

"B-but we're a squad—a family. Family stick together." Omega says.

"It's ok, Omega. I'll be back, and when I come back we can all hang out again and I can tell you about my missions. Ok?" Echo says with a forced smile. A couple tears fall down her cheeks then she hugs him tightly.

"Promise you'll come back?" Omega asked as they break the hug.

"I promise." Echo says confidently then stands up. Omega stands there with her shoulders slumped.

Echo walks over to me and hugs me. I was shocked at first but quickly wrapped my arms around him.

"Look after them for me, will ya?" Echo whispered and I nodded, closing my eyes enjoying this hug.

After a few moments he lets go. I look up at him sadly but he kept a slight smile.

"When I see you again, I'm teaching you how to use a lightsaber, alright?" I nod slowly but tilt my head.

"But your not a Jedi." I says.

"And? Anakin use to let me use his all the time. Me and my brothers use to try to kill each other with them," He smiles thinking about his brothers. "But, I improved a lot and got really good with a lightsaber so I could teach you a couple tricks I learned."

"Ok." I say with a nod.

Echo looks around at everyone then nods once then left.

————half an hour later————

The batch went back to doing what they were doing while me and Omega stood in the same spot, staring at the doors.

"Do you think he's gonna come back?" Omega asked, I slightly looked down at her but didn't answer. We both know the answer to the question.

"Are you both done mopping around yet?" Crosshair asked and both me and Omega looked back at him angrily.

"What?" Crosshair says.

"They appear to be having a hard time to understand that's he's gone." Tech says and Hunter hits his arm and shot him a glare.

"It's the truth though." Tech says as he rubbed his arm.

"It's alright, he'll be back before you know it." Wrecker says to me and Omega, trying to make us feel better. Which is not working.

"Why couldn't we have gone with him?" Omega asked.

"He has different plans for his future, Omega." Hunter says gently. She burrows her eyebrows.

"Well, that is one way of saying it," Tech says and everyone turns their head towards him. "What? I can't be the only one think it, can I? The reason why we couldn't go was because of them."

Tech points his index finger at Omega and me. My whole expression breaks into a hurt expression. I look down at Omega and she has the same expression. It looks like he just pulled out her heart.

"What's the issue? I'm just speaking the truth, because of you both we can't help Rex and them on their missions because your a Jedi. And for Omega the empire wants you." Tech says and every single bad batch member hit his arm.

"Are you stupid!" Crosshair said angrily to Tech as he chewed on his toothpick.

"Why would you say that!" Wrecker grumbled.

Tech looks at the girls then back at the batch but stays quiet.

Omega puts her gaze towards the ground and I put my hand on her shoulder.

"It's ok, Omega. He didn't mean it like that."

Tech spoke up.

"But I did, it was the truth." Tech says and Crosshair facepalms himself.

"Just shut up, will ya?!" Wrecker and Crosshair say at the same moment.

"Oh. Alright." Tech says.

Hunter shakes his head then looks up at them.

"I know this is hard for you both but you can't let this knock you down. He said he'll be back, so all be have to do is wait. Understand?" Hunter says.

"Understand." Both me and Omega mumble.

(1094 words)