Returning home

(Hopes POV)

"Hope. Hope." Omega say as she tried to get my attention. I looked down at her and gave a confused and concerned look.

"Omega, why are you following me." I ask.

"You can't seriously think of leaving...w-we're a squad, a family." Omega tries to reason.

"Your all a family, I'm not. I'm just...a Jedi that means nothing to this world." I say as I avoid eye contact.

Omega jumps in front of me to make me stop walking.

"What?! Your my family too! You all mean everything to me! It won't be the same without you, it never will be!" Omega says.

"Omega, either way it isn't important. Hunter wanted me gone so that's what I'm doing. I'm getting out of his hair, for good." I say as I walk pass her.

"Fine...then we're both leaving." Omega says as she runs up beside me.

"No. You need the boys, I can't protect you but they can. Nowhere is safe in this galaxy, your lucky you have them." I say and Omega stays quiet.

"You know Hunter can find us in a heartbeat, right. It's his enhancement." Omega says with a slight grin.

"I don't think he would even be tracking us but if he is, it would only be for you." I say and Omega puts her gaze towards the ground and bites her lip.

————at Cid's parlor————

Hunter and Echo walk out of of Cid's office and Hunter momentarily notices Omega and Hope are missing. They make there way over to the rest of the batch.

"Where's the girls?" Hunter asked.

"I dunno. Hope said something about leaving but who knows, Omega tagged along." Wrecker says casually then Crosshair nods as chews on his toothpick.

"Wait?! How long have they been gone for?!" Hunter asked, panicked rising in his tone.

"About 20 minutes but if you want me to give to exact time it was—" Tech gets cut off as Hunter runs pass him then runs out the door.

Hunter looks to his left then his right, and they weren't anywhere. The streets were crowded with people and aliens.

"Hope! Omega!" Hunter shouts but there wasn't any answer.

Hunter goes on one knee and sniffs the dirt and after a second he starts following there trail.

————with the girls————

"Take one down pass it around you got 81 bottles of root beer on the wall, 81 bottles of root beer, take one down pass it around you got 80 bottles of root beer..." Omega hums.

"And who thought you that?" I asked her.

"Echo taught it to me but Hunter said he messed up and forgot to put 'root' then 'beer' so now we all sing it like that." Omega explains.

"Ha, seems like something Hunter would say." I say with a slight smile.

"Why do you even want to leave." Omega asked.

"It'll be best for all of you. I'll be nothing but a nuisance because I'm a Jedi. It's not safe for you nor them. specially if the empire finds out about me and if they find out I'm with you all." I say quickly.

"But doesn't that mean I'm a nuisance too? Because the empire wants me too. So technically we both are nuisances. Oh my gosh, we can be nuisance buddies." Omega says and I can't help but smile at her happiness in everything.

"Hope! Omega!" I hear an familiar voice and slowly turn around to face him.

"Hunta!" Omega says with a huge smile and waves at him.

"Haha, I told you he'd find us." Omega says with a laugh. I cross my arms when he approaches us.

"Are you both ok?! Nothing hurt? Nothing broken? Did anyone mess with you both?!" Hunter asks a million questions.

"Calm down, Hunter. We're fine, don't worry." I say in a reassuring tone.

"What we're you thinking?! Leaving! And worst of all you brung Omega!" Hunter lectured.

"You told me to leave." I said as I shoved him slightly back. And he looked surprised by that.

"Fine, I'm sorry you were right. I did say 'leave' I'm sorry I didn't mean it to come off as that. I just wanted space, I guess I'm just not use to people talking back to me." Hunter says.

"I'm sorry." Hunter repeats.

"I forgive you." I say as I wrap my arms around him and hug him.

"Awww! Group hug!" Omega says excitedly as she joins the hug.

After a second they all let go and look at each other and smile.

"Are you coming back?" Omega asked with hope in her voice.

I looked up at Hunter for approval and he softly smiled and nodded.

I look down at Omega and nod and she was beaming with happiness. She wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. I half hugged her back. Then she let go.

Someone bumps into my shoulder and says something in mando. I tilt my head confusedly then look back at Hunter who was giving him a death glare.

That's mando...how do I know that? I think to myself.

"Come on, the boys are waiting for us." Hunter says as he puts on his helmet then begins to lead us back in the direction to Cid's through the crowded streets of Ord Mantell.

                                  (889 words)