Eight- The Game

Jessica and I have been practicing outside, Angela taking pictures. Only practicing since Jessica has nagged me for the past few days now. Trying to spike on me every time we do so. Eric was studying the prom fliers, "Monte Carlo? That's our theme?" Jessica frowns at the lame theme that was chosen for this year. "Gambling, tuxedos and Bond. James- Ow!" She threw a ball roughly at Eric's face, I smirk.

"Oh. My. God." Angela exclaims, who was once scanning to take more pictures is now frozen in place. We follow to where she was staring and it was just my sister and Edward showing up to school together. I hadn't really been speaking to Alice and Jasper after the night with their family. Overhearing that it was destined for me to have a near death experience just for me to know who I was in my past lives and they knew it was going to happen. It also works because I hate attention, something I know Bella hates too.

Throughout the rest of the day Jasper and Alice would stare at me, trying to pull me aside to talk to me only for me to ignore them and hurry off to a different area or sit somewhere else if we shared a class. But at the end of the day it was a waste when Alice came up to me, taking my hand in hers. "Hey, what's going on lovebug?" I gave her a look for the stupid nickname and she laughs. "Sorry, but seriously why are you avoiding us?" She pouts, I lick my lips getting ready to actually say it but then something stops me once I lock eyes with her.

"I needed some time to think about us." I tell her, "I'm having a hard time with everything, trying to understand and I overwhelmed myself at your place I felt embarrassed." I lied, I was fine with the whole vampire thing surprisingly. That's not what bothered me. What bothered me was the fact that she knows I'm going to have a near death experience and won't even warn me. I don't understand how that's protecting me. Maybe l'II bring it up later.

"Ah, that makes sense. I'm sorry it's so overwhelming for you, my lovebug."

She moves my hair behind my ear sending shivers down my spine. It honestly made me forget how many people were around, until we get shouted at. "What the fuck?" A guy yelled, I step away from Alice and we turn to see some guy I don't think l've ever seen before in school. "You guys gay or some shit?" He laughs, my eyebrows furrow as Alice glares at him.

"Y'all should kiss!" His friends hit him in the shoulders like he did something with that. I glance over and see Jasper staring at the scene as well. "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" The three guys all laugh, I flick them off and they just laugh harder.

"I need to go, my dad made plans. Just um, come over later." I tell her, walking away to my bike, getting my helmet on and riding off as quick as possible due to the embarrassment I just had to endure. I ended up coming to the cafe later than Bella which meant I was super late.

There were a group of basketball players outside and I mentally cursed seeing Mike there as well. "[Name]! I didn't know you were a lesbo!" One of the guys shouted at me and my eyes widen but I try to ignore it, heading towards the door but he blocks it. "Does her man know?" His arm was on the door and he leaned on it. I stare up at him not saying anything.

"What?" You got something to say?" He asks, I take my helmet off, putting it on the ground, staring back up at him. I take a deep breath. "I asked you something." He repeats, I take a step back. In the corner of my eye I see my dad stand up from his spot in the booth.

Bella seemed alarmed. "Come on, man. She don't deserve this plus her dad's the chief." Mike puts a hand on his shoulder but the guy doesn't back up. I dip my hand into my front pocket of my jeans.

"Does your dad know you like-" I take my hand out and spray him with the pepper spray Charlie gave me. He stumbles back holding his eyes and screaming in pain.

The cafe door swings open. "What happened!?" He angrily asks, "Nothing, sir. He went too far, he was antagonizing her." Mike blurts out, the kid groans outloud but the group pushes him away. Charlie turns to look at me. "What the hell was that, [Name]?" He grabbed onto my arms as I try my hardest to look away from him. "[Name] Swan, answer me right now."