Three- Crash It

Today was the day of my 6th Volleyball game out of 14. It's a Home game.

Every single game has been attended by Jacob, Quil and Embry. Sometimes Sam and Billy. Bella made it to about two. Clearly needing to do her own thing I understood. If I didn't understand a sport I wouldn't want to go either.

She makes me sit with her at lunch still, I got kind of close with Angela. She's cool. She also comes to games but that's to take pictures, helping with the yearbook committee.
Bella and I walk out of the house together. I see my bike is gone and remembered I had to give it to Jacob for maintenance. Since he offered I was getting it done for free.

It's also raining so l'm kind of glad I don't have to choice to ride it. Sometimes the rain drops hurt like a bitch. I lift my hood up, walking behind Bella as we go down the steps. "Great." She mutters under her breath.

Charlie pulls in with her truck. "Dad I can drive us to school myself." As we get closer to the bottomed step she slips and falls on her ass. Tripping due to not watching where I was going I go forward.

"You okay, Bells? [Name]?" Charlie climbs out of the truck, helping Bella up and then the both help me. I ripped a new pair of jeans, hissing in pain from my hands I wipe it on my sweater that's not so new. Luckily I didn't bleed at all.

"Ice doesn't help the uncoordinated." Bella frowns at her own joke.

"Clearly." I groan.

"That's why I got you new tires." Charlie points to the red truck. "The other ones were nearly bald."

"You got me new tires. No one's ever don't that before." Both Charlie and I look at her confused. "I mean... nothing."

He glances at me, not getting it but he heads to his cruiser.

"I won't make it to dinner or the game. I'm heading down to Mason County. A security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal." He explains to us.

"An animal?" Bella asks, confused.

"You're not in Phoenix anymore, honey. They've been hunting it for a week with no luck. Thought I'd lend a hand." He puts it simply. "Be careful." We say in unison.

"Always am."

"And thank you for the tires."

I'd thought by now they wouldn't be so awkward with each other but I am very wrong. The tension is so thick it couldn't even be cut with a knife.

Change of pov

Rain was still hitting hard. Eric and Bella walk together into Biology. She brushes off her coat as he talks. "And yeah, prom committee is a chick thing, but I gotta cover it for the paper anyway and they need a guy to help choose the music. So I need your playlist." Eric explains but before the girl can respond

Mike comes up behind her. "Come on, Arizone. Give it up for the rain." He shakes his wet baseball cap onto Bella's head.

"Terrific." She walks away, ignoring them to get to her seat.

She freezes once she notices Edward. She straightens her posture, striding to the shared table confidently. Dropping her books in front of him, ready to address him but instead he looks up at her and speaks.

"Hello."

She stops, automatically stunned. "I didn't have a chance to introduce myself last week. My name is Edward Cullen."

She's too shocked to respond, she wasn't expecting him to talk to her. "You're Bella." He stares, not questioning.

"I'm... yes." She finally sits, feeling stupid.