Five- Sick Days

Since it's getting warmer students around me are wearing shorter clothing even though it's barely sixty degrees.

And collectively we all sit outside for lunch today, but of course it's the one day I got sick. Plus on our big game day and due to my fever that keeps growing I'm going to have to leave school early and miss out on maybe being in the newspaper.

"He's not here." Jessica says, startling me as everything makes me jumpy from how shitty I feel. "Whenever the weather is nice the Cullens disappear."

"They just ditch?" Bella asks, not understanding.

"No, Dr, and Mrs Cullen yank em out for hiking and camping and stuff. I tried the idea out on my parents, no even close." Jessica sighs. Bella takes it all in and I cough earning a look from Jessica who was sitting on the ground. I just put my head down.

"I'm going to the prom with Eric! I just asked him, I took control!" Angela jumps on the table in between Bella and I, hugging my sister as I lift my head back up to smile. "That's amazing," my voice is hoarse and I cough as it strains my throat.

"Oh, [Name] are you okay?"

She's running a fever and her throat is bothering her." Bella explains for me that and I'm internally grateful for it. "I'm sorry." Angela says, rubbing my back then talking to Bella again.
She ends up keeping a hand on my back which feels nice. I repeatedly keep shivering from occasional breezes.

"Are you sure you have to go out of town?" Angela asks Bella, "it's a family thing, [Name] is staying though." I put my thumbs up to confirm that.

"Oh my god, we need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before the dresses get cleaned out." Jessica gasps,

"Port Angeles?" Bella asks, "can I go with you guys?"

My face scrunches even though they can't see it, Bella? Dress shopping? If only I wasn't sick I would love to see this.

"Thank god, we need your opinion." Angela says.

I end up leaving right after lunch, sneaking past school staff to get to my motorcycle I luckily got back from Jacob yesterday. I tried calling my dad but it just rang through, l'm guessing something is going on to where he can't answer.

I take my helmet out of Bella's truck bed and roughly tug it on my head. I lazily try to put my leg over the bike, almost falling so I hold on to the truck. Giving myself a minute as I feel dizzy. A horn honks, scaring me to the point where I hear my heart beat thump in my chest.

"Namel! What are you doing?"

Alice? Wasn't she supposed to be hiking or some shit? I go to talk but my tongue feels too big for my mouth. I take a deep breath. "I don't feel good, I'm trying to get home." I try to say as loud as I can, even then doesn't feel loud enough.

"Want me to take you home?" She goes to reach over and I shake my head. "I gotta get my bike home somehow." I take a few steps closer to her car. "I'll have Jasper bring it over. She smiles, I tilt my head, squinting as I looked at her.

Get into her car? Or drive home myself?

"Where do I put my keys?" I jingle them too close to my face. "Hide them on Bella's truck tire, closest to the bike." She instructs me and I drag my feet back over to my bike, doing as told. I then take my helmet off, putting it on the bike for Jasper.

I climb into her car as if it were a hill. Accidentally slamming the door behind me. "Sorry, thank you."

My body faces her, I watch as she drives, wearing sunglasses. She glances at me and sadly smiles. "You should've stayed home."