And Baby I Understand That You're Making New Friends, This Is How You Get By.

It was the first day of my new school and I was freaking out. What if it was worse than my old school and instead of everyone ignoring me, people actually bullied me? What if I became friends with the wrong people and ended up a pregnant drug addict? What if Michael did a Grease and totally disowned me? What if…

“Good morning baby” Michael came up and hugged me from behind

“Hi” I sighed

He turned me around to face him and asked seriously, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing”

“Tell me” he pleaded

“I don’t know, I’m just scared to start at a new school”

“Why was that so hard to tell me?”  Ah good question Michael….

“I don’t know! Stop pressuring me” I snapped at him

He just turned around and walked away. I felt terrible. This is why I didn’t want to live with my boyfriend, because I’m emotionally unstable and ruin everything.  The last few days living with Michael and his mother have been hard, Suzan is a lovely woman but I was just not used to the way things operated. Everything was new and different and I wasn’t adjusting well, plus the added stress of watching over Molly and starting school again.

Michael told me we would walk to school because it wasn’t too far and it would give me the chance to get to know the place.  He led the way while Molly and I trailed behind, neither of us looking forward to this day.  As we walked through the gates for the School I felt like I was going to be physically sick. Michael slipped his hand into mine and squeezed tightly; don’t know how or why, but that made everything just a little bit better. I wasn’t alone. Even if I didn’t make any other friends at least I had him and my sister.  I was confident they wouldn’t leave me.

Molly wrapped her arms around me and hugged me desperately. She would have to go to class alone because she was in the grade below us.  

“Calm down, I’m sure it will be fine. Just breathe and I’ll come find you at break. Okay?”

“Okay. Bye Ebony” She let go of me and hugged Michael quickly “Bye Mikey”

She walked away slowly. Michael’s mum had rang the school earlier and sorted out our homerooms, I was with Michael, then once we got there we would be given our time tables for the year. Michael and I sat together at the back of the room.

“So…” I started awkwardly “I’m sorry about this morning”

“No it’s cool. I get it, sorry.”

“No Michael, don’t apologise for me being a bitch”

“You aren’t a bitch, you’re just going through some stuff and I need to back off a bit. I understand”

“No, don’t back off! I need you right now” I whispered the last part, realizing how clingy I sounded.

He leaned forward and breathed in my ear, “I’m not going anywhere” the kissed my cheek lightly.

I put my hand on the back of his head and pulled him closer, kissing him properly. Oh god, I had forgotten how good kissing him felt.  It was addictive and we got a bit too carried because only about a minute later someone coughed loudly and I jumped in my seat.

“Mr Clifford, I see you’ve already met our new classmate? Ebony is it?” A young teacher in a navy blazer standing in front of us, said.

“Yeah” I smiled

“Well Ebony darling, you might want to stay away from Michael here. He’ll give you fleas” He warned and scuffed up Michael’s already messy hair.