The Doomsday

Nico's POV

The next morning came unwelcomed. Nico would have woken up later if it hadn't been for the body beside him shifting as the sun rose.

It was rather funny the way things had apparently returned to how they had been before; Nico simply couldn't torture himself knowing it was the last morning he'd ever be allotted.

He was selfish, and he'd be that way until the very end.

"Just five more minutes," Nico murmured and Will smiled, his eyelids still closed.

"Just five minutes," he answered, arm around Nico like he'd flee any instant.

They stayed there for another half hour, the soft rise and fall of Will's chest the only indication that he was a living being. Will was growing weaker, Nico could tell by his pale and sickly face for the past few days, and he still had had no luck summoning his powers after following Nico for so long. 

It seemed that Will didn't even need to be told to keep his distance from Nico, though, his eyes flitting away as if he'd seen something ghastly every time they locked eyes.

He can feel it surfacing, too.

You are his monster, Nico.

 When they finally got out of bed, Nico neglected to change clothes, remaining in those from the day prior. On the other hand, Will was bustling through his bag, pulling out a fresh outfit.

Please don't find the statue.

"You forgot a change in clothing, didn't you?" Will guessed while Nico bit his nail anxiously.

"I may have forgotten in my rush," he mumbled, twirling his thumbs. Will threw him the smallest shirt he'd taken with him, a navy top that happened to be just his size, fitting Nico snugly.

He brought it on purpose, didn't he.

While he was changing, Nico reached into Will's bag, looking for the statue, finally finding it in a side pocket.

Thank you, Sunny.

He pulled it out and slid it into his jacket pocket, realizing that he couldn't do without today. He'd hand it to Will later without him noticing.

Finally ready, Will was beyond ecstatic to see his father, practically dragging Nico out of the cabin.

Please let the last month and a half be a dream. I can't do this. I can't.

Even his own body betrayed him, though, the hunger for the god tearing at his chest and stomach. He found himself drawn to the main pavilion despite the terror that racked his body, clutching the figurine in his hands so hard that he felt his palms might bleed.

There, Reyna, Percy, Annabeth, Hazel, and Frank were all speaking to one another, Percy often making large gestures with his hands when speaking while Annabeth pointed to a map to Hazel simultaneously, Reyna nodding at their discussion and providing insight on the layout every once in a while.

Will jogged over to join them, Nico lurking much further with his hands in his pockets, trudging at a snail's pace towards them.

"Come on, Neeks," Reyna yelled, waving her arm. With her figure and naturally stoic face, it looked more like an order than an offer.

"Yeah, come on NEEKS," Percy repeated, emphasizing the stupid nickname, Nico frowning at his childish demeanor.

He sat down, blowing his warm breath into his hands. Nico had placed himself in the only open spot between Will and Frank.