Chapter 47

Two days ago,

Julian was going through some of the documents needed for the presentation in the afternoon. Despite the document staring right back at him in the face and his eyes peering intently on the document, his mind was far from even knowing what the contents of the documents contained.

Ever since the day Lionel went on national television and revealed the whole truth about what happened that night, Julian's mind hasn't been at rest. The day he lashed out at Eden and called her all sorts of names stabbed him deep within his chest. He admitted he was angry and upset at watching that video but what had hurt him the most right now was his chance at making things right with Eden.

He raked his fingers through his now messy blonde hair in frustration. His eyes are now staring at his phone blankly. Since then, he's been contemplating whether to give Eden a call. Being just ashamed wasn't going to cut it. He fucking messed up and he knew that very well. He couldn't even get the balls to talk to her on the phone let alone speak to her in person.

He heard a sutle knock on his office door before he heard the faint voice of his secretary from outside his office. “Excuse me sir?”

Julian lets out a deep sigh before he ushered her to come in. His secretary walks in with a nervous expression on her face. One could tell that lately Julian's mood tantrums had turned the whole atmosphere around. He wasn't his jovial and nice self. Now all he was, was a bitter man. A man he didn't want to be.

“What is it?” Julian asked not bothering to look up from his desk.

“Sir actually....”

“It's about Eden. This is important.” Lionel walked into the room which forces Julian to look up once that familiar voice hit his eardrums. His eyes slightly widened.

“What the hell are you doing here? This isn't your property where you can just waltz in like you own the place.” Julian gritted. The last thing he wanted was to see Lionel's face.

“Too bad but you'll have to deal with me for a little while. I promise this will be brief. And, besides the feeling is mutual. I don't want to be here but I have to. That's the difference.” Lionel pointed out before smiling at Julian's secretary who blushes a bit before excusing herself out from the room.

“May I?” Lionel points to one of the seats opposite Julian. Julian gives him a dull look but Lionel unbottons his suit jacket and takes his seat.

“Tell me exactly what you want to say regarding Eden and leave.” Julian deadpans. Lionel's smile vanishes before he puts on a serious look.

“Am sure you watched my live conference on television. So am sure you're aware of what happened that night. Eden wasn't at fault here. She was drugged and....”

“And you took undue advantage of her!” Julian cuts him off. Lionel remains silent and looks down. He had to admit that he was wrong in also succumbing to his desires. He knew he wanted Eden to be his but realized that Eden wasn't in her conscious self. Sure she may have said what she wanted at that time but it didn't mean she would want the two of them back together. Yet again he made another mistake of being selfish. Always thinking only of himself and his needs.

“I realized I was wrong. It's my fault that it happened. Eden isn't to blame at all. We all saw the culprit to be none other than your ex's personal assistant. Too much of a coincidence don't you think?” Lionel asked, and to this question Julian had no response to give. This whole situation had Paula's name all over it. But can he confront her about it? He didn't want to see her face especially after that night to which he screwed up. Seeing her face would remind him of that one mistake he committed out of anger after Eden walked out on him.

Meeting My Ex Husband On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara