Chapter 1

Eden finished her shift at her workplace and needed to head home very urgently. It was ticking six forty nine on the wall clock in the restaurant and she was running extremely late. She grabbed her handbag and as she was about to pull the door to step outside, it began to pour heavily in the evening that was almost turning dark in the sky.

She sighed out in frustration. She knew all too well her husband Lionel was waiting for her. He had to attend a gala event and he wanted to take her with him as his wife. This was the first time he had chosen to take her with him on his expensive meetings and events. Her husband was a boss of his own. He never liked the idea of working under someone and hence he got into the stock exchange trade and because of his intelligence and skills, he was hitting it off in the stock market. They had been married for four years now and she was the happiest. She and Lionel tied the knot when she was 21 while Lionel was 23 at that time.

"Looks like your husband will have to wait a bit longer." Mr Sebastian who was Eden's manager and the owner of the moderate restaurant where she worked at said as he appeared out from the backdoor. Eden let out a pout. "I know that very well Sebs. Lionel is so gonna hate me for being late." She said with a sigh. Sebastian shooked his head. He knew Eden loved her husband very much, one can say too much. Not wanting to go over the same topic of how he often adviced her not to place her husband on a high pedestal, he went to the back and got an umbrella for her.

Eden smiled and was excited. "Thank you very much Sebs. I owe you one." She quickly pulled out the door and opened the umbrella placing it abover her as she stepped out of the restaurant in a hurry. "Hey..be careful. Remember you're pregnant so take it easy." Sebastian shouted loud enough for Eden to hear who only waved her hands in response as she was searching desperately for a taxi. She knew finding a taxi was going to be difficult in this rain here in New York and was afraid of Lionel loosing trust in her once again. This wasn't the first time she had disappointed him whenever he needed her the most because of her job. Lionel had told her a lot of times to quit her job as it wasn't needed seeing as he was well off and wasn't stopping there until he reached the top but Eden didn't want to be dependent on him for anything.

She managed to see a taxi after ten to thirteen minutes of waiting and hurriedly got in. She arrived home at a fancy duplex that was beautifully built and held money. It had stopped pouring and she had to rush in but not running as she was heavily pregnant. Having a child was very difficult for Eden. Their marriage was four years old and they both had tried to have a child but nothing was working. They both seeked medical help to get notified that they both were in perfect health conditions. They tried and did eventually give up until some months earlier Eden discovered she was expecting which brought bliss to her. She was thankful to have a supportive and understanding husband like Lionel who didn't abandon her when she couldn't bore his child all those years but now things were different.

She hurried into the lawn and walked into the house meeting Lionel's eyes that were glued to his laptop. He was sitting on the couch all dressed up in his red suit with a black bow tie that suited his killer looks as well as matched with his pitch black hair. It seemed he didn't hear her come in and Eden didn't want to tell him about her arrival either. She walked in slow steps as she was about to pass him when he called out to her.

"You're late yet again." His deep voice made Eden halt in her tracks before she hut her eyes and cursed lowly. Lionel took his laptop from his lap and placed it at his side before he got up to walk towards her. Eden was gawking at his killer looks. His sharp jawline. His slightly pointed nose and those enchanting brown eyes that always made her body wobble and stumble. His black hair was perfectly gelled back and he looked damn smashing and dashing. Eden gulped seeing his straight yet clenched jaw face expression. He clearly wasn't happy with her being late and wasting his precious time.