Chapter 20

"How dare you kiss her without her permission first, you bastard!" Julian yelled out making Eden to gulp and move back in fear. His loud voice was chilling and she didn't like seeing him in this angry mood.

Lionel wiped his bloody lower lip that had busted due to the hard punch. He moved his brown eyes towards Eden who stared back at him with worry in her eyes. That made him smile in a sinister way. He knew deep in his heart that she also enjoyed and craved the kiss they had. They both were longing for it and damn he felt like tasting those cherry lips of hers one more time. Never had he felt this day will happen when he will have this desired need to be close to her again.

He chuckled to himself as those thoughts kept on knocking in his memory. He saw her as nothing to him and only a mere mistake in his part. His smile vanished after giving Julian a long glare before he walked up to him. Eden feared the two men would engage in a heated fight.

"I don't know where you came from but know one thing pretty boy. That lady over there can't be yours." He turned to Eden who gasped at his words. Who was he to decide that she can't be anyone else's. Lionel smiled sideways at her and walked away from them straightening his suit that had a stain the moment he hit the floor.

Eden watched his back as he disappeared back into the auditorium where the fashion show was taken place. "Are you okay?" Julian's voice made Eden blink returning her back to her senses. She turned around and nodded in response.

"Why did you punch him Julian?" She asked. Julian ceased his brows at her question. "What do you mean. He forcefully kissed you. He was making you uncomfortable." He defended himself and looked deep into her eyes.

"Or was I mistaken when I thought he was forcing you into a kiss? Where you....." His heart raced a little and was beginning to sink into his stomach while he contemplated what her answer would be.

Eden opened her eyes and looked at him before immediately shooking her head in complete denial. "What are you saying Julian. How can you even think of saying that? I hate him. I hate that man more than anything." Eden only hoped this confrontation wouldn't anger Lionel to take his revenge by sending a custody letter from the court at her doorstep.

Apart from that, what Julian said got to her. She could deny it in front of Julian but then she knew she craved a kiss from his thin lips so badly. She wanted to hate him badly for all the terrible things he did to her and Mia but when he kissed her, her whole body went numb and only his presence, his body, his fragrance resonated inside her brain cells at that exact moment.

She was hating herself at this point for still feeling that way whenever he was close to her. She had to remove all those feelings from herself permanently because she knew it wasn't going to work out and that they were never meant to be together. His marriage stood in the way and she had to respect Monique and her upcoming baby.

"You're okay?" Julian asked as they both were heading towards the auditorium. Eden gulped and nodded before they both went to their seat. Eden's heart jumped in surprise as soon as her green eyes met with his brown orbs that was directly at her. He was shamelessly staring at her without any fear of his wife that sat by his side would think. Eden immediately turned away and stood close to Julian walking by his side as they reached the second row. Lionel kept his gaze on her until she arrived at his back which was the second row.

"Everything okay?" Monique asked and Lionel nodded focusing back on the models that were cat walking on the ramp. "You still haven't told me how you got injured on your lip Lionel." Monique added directly fixing her eyes on his now swollen lip. Lionel didn't reply and just kept his eyes forward on the ramp.

"Did something happen? The air seems a bit tense." Anne turned to Eden and Julian. Eden shrugged it off with a small chuckle saying everything was perfectly fine. "I wish Susan was here. She would have loved to see all this." Anne added. "Yeah, she had an urgent online night meeting." Eden said feeling bummed of Susan's absence.