Chapter 35

"Please calm down honey, we're almost there." Julian turned to Eden who was panicking on the passenger's seat. She wasn't even wearing her seat belt and her mind went to her baby girl in the hospital. She bit her fingers anxiously and couldn't bear the fact that her little girl must be in pain and would need her mother by her side.

"How much more do we have to go Julian?" Eden was loosing her patience and was breathing heavily. She needed to be by her daughter's side right now. "Relax honey. Please..." Julian placed his palm on her lap while keeping his eyes stern on the road. He was driving as fast as he could but also couldn't avoid any traffic lights. He saw Eden wasn't wearing her seat belt and the last thing he wanted was for her to have troubles with the law so he drove moderately on the road.

They got to the hospital through the GPS tracker and Eden rushed out of the car and disappeared into the hospital while Julian got to packing the car over at the parking lot.

Eden rushed towards reception and gasping for air while she enquired about Mia. The receptionist told her Mia's room number. She raced up the stairs and found her room on the second floor. She barged in and her heart sank seeing her daughter on the bed. She laid her bandaged head on Lionel's lap while he stroked her black strands singing a lullaby to her.

Eden remained still at the doorway and watched the whole scene. Lionel had a worried look but he covered it with a smile and patted Mia's head softly. What Eden saw made her still to her spot. Seeing Lionel act like a father to their daughter was something to witness. She looked down to Mia and found her smiling and staring into her father's eyes. He had calmed her down after the fall. It turned out that Mia fell off from the carousel while Lionel stepped aside to attend to an official call. She had a bad fall and hit her head pretty hard.

Lionel was scared out of his wits after the fall and rushed her to the hospital. He felt responsible for her condition and called Eden. Mia became very anxious and scared without her mother by her side making Lionel take the initiative to sit by her side and hold her hand tightly while the doctor bandaged her head. Luckily she wasn't fatally hurt in the head and was fine. He didn't know what else to do but remembered his mother's lullaby which always calmed him down whenever he was anxious and afraid.

Mia smiled and curled up like a ball around Lionel making him chuckle. He saw his childhood in Mia and already noticed how she always acted like him. He loved it and placed a soft kiss on her head. "How is my little fairy doing right now?" He leaned his head down to her and Mia nodded energetically. Lionel smiled, "That's my brave fairy. Who's my brave fairy?" He asked chuckling. "Me! I am your brave fairy." Mia raised her head and squealed happily.

It was then that Mia spotted Eden standing by the door. "Mommy!" Mia beamed and Lionel snapped his head towards the door and saw her. His heart quickened but restrained himself from running towards her. She was here at last. He was a lot at ease because he knew Mia was going to be more calm right now with Eden around.

Eden blinked out of her trance and wowed walking into the room. Mia got up from the bed and Lionel helped her get down on her feet. "My baby," Eden hugged Mia and had tears in her eyes. She was so scared of her daughter not being okay without her but her racing heart subsided and it was now she realized that she could trust Mia with Lionel. She knew he would make her feel better like he did just now.

"Are you hurt sweetie?" Eden swirled her eyes all around her body for any bruises but only found a little scratch on her elbow. "Well..she's in one piece and doing great." Lionel teased to lighten up her mood. She was still tense. Eden chuckled as a result and kissed Mia's face feeling relieved she wasn't seriously hurt.

"Thank you so much for calming her down Lionel." Eden got to her feet and smiled at Lionel. "You don't have to thank me for anything Eden. Mia's not just yours but ours. I'll always be there for her no matter what." Lionel affirmed and for some reason, Eden believed his words and trusted him to keep his promise.