Chapter 19

"What's wrong Eden? Even though you're smiling and seem happy, I can tell that something's been bothering you." Eden's smile came to a halt as she looked at the blonde man by her side. How could he know her so well and could detect her bitter mood behind her smile and laughter.

Julian chuckled after he took her shocked expression into detail. "You must be wandering how I know? We've been friends for more than two years and you are very special to me so am bound to know everything about you." For some reason, his words stirred up something within her, something completely different from how she always felt towards Julian.

She smiled a little and looked to be deep in thought. "See, I knew something was wrong. Please tell me. Is this about your ex?" He asked and Eden inhaled sharply before nodding her head. She wouldn't deny that Lionel's words had been bothering her since last night. Julian nodded and hummed in response.

"Wanna talk about it?" Eden didn't respond for a few seconds and then she spoke out, "Lionel came with his lawyer last night to rub in our faces how much right he had on Mia. He was being so ridiculous and giving stupid demands and saying how he would come in announced to take Mia out." Julian listened to her carefully.

"Is that all? Am sure that's not what's exactly bothering you." He added and Eden just stared at him in awe, how could he know her so well.

"He...he threatened to file for custody if I stopped him from visiting." Julian got angry after she replied. "What does that idiot think of himself. He was never there when Mia was born or when you needed his help when Mia was sick, had a high fever, or when she fell and had a boo-boo. Where was he? That jerk was never there and has the audacity to file for custody. He won't win anyways." Julian sneered angrily and looking away. He hadn't lost his temper in front of Eden before.

Eden stared at him blankly. This was the first time she had seen him this mad and upset. She smiled knowing how much he cared about her and Mia. Then her mother's words came to play in her mind. Give this man a chance. "What do you mean by he could loose the case anyways?" She asked as she recalled what he said earlier.

"What I meant was that even though Lionel files for custody, the fact that he refused to acknowledge Mia as his daughter for her whole life will be a huge blow to him. Not to mention the amount of bills he would be forced to pay for all those years which he neglected her as his daughter." Julian explained. Eden didn't know much about the law and even flopped her extra courses back in college and one of the courses was about law.

"But the court can also take into detail that he's now willing to perform his responsibilities, right?" She asked unsure and Julian nodded. "Yeah, he now wants to claim his responsibility but definitely he can't have custody but can be given the right to co-parent along with you." Julian replied and then squeezed her hands softly and tightly. Eden did feel better after his words. And his touch made her also to feel good and not to worry about her problems.

"Hey, love birds? You're walking like snails." Anne called out to them as she had reached her seat that was in the second row by the left. Both Eden and Julian chuckled by how Anne called them love birds and they rushed to where Anne sat unknown to them that Lionel's gaze was on them till they both took their seat.

Lionel felt weird from inside seeing Eden's smile and how she was conversing something to the strange blonde guy who sat by her side. Lionel hardened his face after he studied the young man's features. He saw that the man was no doubt handsome and had a very good body physique with his muscles bulging out. His blue eyes and his shiny blonde hair made him resemble a Greek God. He was that good and that alone just infuriated Lionel even more.

"Is everything okay, Lionel?" Monique asked as she felt his body tense up and she saw his eyes had rage in them. He then averted his gaze from the second row and turned back to the ramp with only a few words, "Yes, everything's fine."