Chapter 28

"Why are you silent all of a sudden? Please answer me, say something," His voice was very gruff and came out even more low than the first time he asked her the question. Eden bit her lower lip slightly and didn't want to divulge into the topic that gave her nothing but pain. What was her crime in falling for him? She loved him more than anything in this world and what did she get out of it. Betrayal.

"I rather you don't ask me such questions Lionel." Eden inhaled trying to keep her tears at bay. She hated how she was still feeling something for him despite everything he had done. She didn't know if it was love but certainly knew she still cared about him to some extent.

Lionel licked his dried lips before saying, "Please everyone leave the room. I want to talk to Eden in private." Eden quickly dashed her face towards him with confused raised brows. "We have nothing to talk about. The reason I came here was because of Mrs Bella and now...it seems you're doing all right. I'll take my leave now," Eden walked away but couldn't move further. She hissed out in anger while Bella and Christopher watched everything.

"Let go of me Lionel, you're all better and now I have no business here," Eden said angrily. Lionel tightened his hold on her arm and gave stares at his parents. "Come on honey. Let's give them so space to talk but...you still owe us an explanation about hiding your second marriage." Lionel turned to observe Eden's reaction and he swore he felt her body tense up.

Lionel nodded to his dad who held Bella and they both exited the room. Eden pulled her arm with force away from his hold and scratched herself in the process. She winced out lowly while Lionel straightened up quickly to look at her scratched arm.

"Am sorry, here let me see," Lionel held her arm and Eden gritted out her teeth pushing him slightly away from her. Lionel was taken aback by her move and stared at her. She was extremely mad and upset. "Stop all of this right now. What's with you? Are you bipolar or something? What is the meaning of this fake concern and worry for me...huh, tell me. What is all this?" Eden yelled out and glared at him. She was damn pissed off and was wandering what was the sudden change in his attitude.

He was the same guy who practically treated her like crap ever since they met after three years. Lionel looked away. He remembered the nightmare he had while he was unconscious and imagined himself inside the car leading to his accident and he could only recall one name. One person at that dire time he ought everything was going blank for him. He couldn't just tell her that one person was her. It also came to him as a surprise.

"Say something damn it." Eden was at her wits right now and still wandered why she was still standing in the same room and talking to him. "Is it wrong to show concern?" He asked now looking into her green eyes. "Well if the concern for me is coming from you then it's not without an ulterior motive." Eden smiled this time at him and Lionel didn't like her attitude.

"Why are you acting like this towards me Eden. Look..i know that I've made some mistakes..."

"Some mistakes?" Eden cut him off and stared at him being perplexed. She began to chuckle out of nowhere while Lionel wore a serious face. Eden paced around the room still having his words in mind I know I've made some mistakes. The more she thought of it, the more she couldn't stop laughing. Was he trying to fool her once again?

She faced him this time also returning his gaze with a stioc expression. "How dare you even utter that? Do you think am a fool Lionel?" Lionel immediately shooked his head, "I never said that Eden. Don't put words in my mouth," He defended. "Well now you know. Am not that Eden who always had to put up with all your tantrums and every little whimp just to get what you want. I never had a say in my own life after we got married because according to you, I was incompetent to even decide for my own self." Eden sneered and Lionel shooked his head slightly at her outburst.