Chapter 31

"Sir. Mrs Rosalinda wants to see you." A strawberry blonde haired woman with glasses slowly walked into Lionel's office while holding a folder close to her chest. Lionel was typing away on his laptop when he suddenly lifted his brown eyes to his new secretary for a brief second before darting his attention back to his work. "Send her in." His voice was a bit gruff and his tone was clearly signalling the last person he wanted to see right now was that woman.

His secretary, Alexa nodded and walked out of his office shutting the glass door behind her. He had stopped his plans of forcing Eden into becoming his secretary. She was doing well right now being involved in the fashion industry. Maybe that was her calling all along instead of being in the business world.

The glass door suddenly opened without a knock and he could tell who could do that. He continued typing acting as if he didn't hear anyone come in. "Good morning dear son-in-law." Rosalinda smiled and took a seat opposite his. His hands clicking the keypads on his laptop halted on their own and he then looked up at her with a stoic expression. "Why are you here?" He asked rudely.

Rosalinda smiled even more despite his question coming off as a rude one. "Can't I come to visit my son-in-law in his office?" She feigned a wider smile which reached her cheeks. Lionel was in his calm element and held to puff out angrily at her. "Stop with the fake smiles and state your business. Why are you here?" Lionel asked firmly after shutting down his laptop.

Rosalinda seized her smile and cleared her throat. She obviously didn't come here to flatter him just like that. Even Lionel knew she wanted something from him. "Well. I waited for you to recover before telling you what I have to say and I hope you wouldn't refuse seeing as you're still my daughter's husband," Lionel was at his wits hearing her call him her daughter's husband. Divorcing Monique had proven to be more difficult than he had expected. He had approached her a week ago demanding a divorce from her but what he saw from her reaction caught him by surprise.

Monique literally threw a fit and acted crazy stating she wasn't going to divorce him until she dies. That was a scene of hers Lionel had thought he was never ever going to see as all he knew about her was her calm and composed aura gleaning around her but that day, what he thought of her had proved to be far from the case.

They had a terrible fight and Monique refused to leave his mansion which made him to move to his penthouse at the outskirts of New York after he was discharged from the hospital. He did receive her calls lots of times but he always declined it. She was being impossible and wasn't someone he could reason with. He didn't want to be with her anymore but she didn't seem to get it at all. She always acted crazy whenever he demanded a divorce.

"I know my daughter can be a handful times but..." Lionel's sudden chuckle caught Rosalinda off. "A handful you say. Please, your daughter's a nut case. She's crazy I tell you that. She needs a psychiatrist." Lionel spat out bitterly. Rosalinda looked away for a while which made Lionel to know he was not just blowing things out of proportion. "I never would have imagined that she would thrash the whole damn hospital room and create a scene over a divorce. She's crazy."

"I didn't come here to talk about that. I came for my daughter. I have some good news about her health." Rosalinda's eyes blinked in hope that Lionel would be interested but her hope died instantly seeing no care at all in Lionel's eyes. "What is the issue about her health?" Lionel said nonchalantly. "Well. My brother managed to find a surgical oncologist who can take Monique's case. His name is Vincent and he's performed surgeries on cases that are related to Monique's case. And many reviews say he's the best. I spoke with him a week ago and the surgery has to be performed this week." And this got Lionel's attention. Was she here for what he thought she was here for?

"And...." He gestured her to continue. Rosalinda nodded with a smile, "And for the date of surgery to be set, we need the money for the surgery and as you know, my work doesn't have that necessary money..."