Yugi Muto (Yu-Gi-Oh)

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

Author's Note : This chapter takes place a week after the ending of the original series.

(For the genderbend name, Yugi will be changed to Yumi.)

Now let the story begin.

On a nice summer day in Domino City, a young man named [Y/N] [L/N] walks into his favorite game store and is greeted by its owner Solomon Muto, who is also his girlfriend's grandfather.

Grandpa Muto : Ah, hello [Y/N]! How are you doing today?

The short elderly man greets him with a friendly smile while sweeping the floor of his shop.

[Y/N] : Nice to see you too Mr. Muto. I'm doing well, how about you?

Heh, such a kind young man. No wonder that granddaughter of mine likes him so much.

Grandpa Muto : I'm feeling great! Despite my age, there's still some spring in my step. And what did I tell you about calling me Mr. Muto? Please, just call me Grandpa like Yumi's friends do. Now, what brings you here [Y/N]?

[Y/N] : I came to see Yumi. How's she doing?

Grandpa Muto : The same as she has been I'm afraid. No matter what me or her friends try, she rarely ever comes out of her room.

He says with a sad sigh as [Y/N] looks down with a frown.

Poor Yumi, she's still not over having to say goodbye to the Pharaoh. I honestly can't blame her, they've been friends for so long and have been through so much together. It was hard for all of us to see the Pharaoh depart, but watching her go was especially hard for Yumi. It hurts me to see my girlfriend so depressed, so I'll do everything I can to cheer her up!

(Yes the spirit of the Millennium Puzzle is also a girl in this, because it would be pretty uncomfortable to think about otherwise.)

[Y/N] : I'll try talking to her Grandpa.

Grandpa Muto : Thank you [Y/N]. Yumi is upstairs in her room. If you need me, I'll be here in case any customers come in.

[Y/N] nods before heading upstairs as Solomon smiles to himself.

I have the utmost faith in you [Y/N]. If there's anyone who can cheer Yumi up, it's going to be you.

Making his way to Yumi's room, [Y/N] finds his girlfriend sitting on her bed staring down sadly at the box that used to house the pieces of the Millennium Puzzle.

[Y/N] : Hey.

She looks up at him while smiling ever so slightly.

Yumi : Hey [Y/N], I didn't know you were coming over.

[Y/N] : I came to see you babe. We're all really worried about you. Your friends, Grandpa, me, all of us hate seeing you so sad.

He says while sitting on the bed next to her and wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

Yumi : I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you all worry about me, it's just...

A couple tears fall from her eyes as she looks down at the empty box in her hands.

Yumi : I miss her so much.

Her boyfriend quickly pulls her into a comforting hug as she sobs into his chest.

[Y/N] : I know Yumi, we all do too. No one likes having to say goodbye, but you knew it was going to happen at some point.

Yumi : Y-yeah, but I never thought it would hurt this much. The Pharaoh was with me for so long that when she left, it felt like I lost a piece of myself. During the duel I had with her to determine whether she'd get to leave or have to stay, a part of me wanted to lose just so she'd still be here. .

[Y/N] : But that wouldn't be right. She was trapped in the Millennium Puzzle for thousands of years, and now she finally got to pass into the next life.

Yumi : W-what will I do without her [Y/N]? She's the one who won all our duels, not me. Who am I without her here to help me when I need it?

[Y/N] : You are being way too hard on yourself babe, and I know without a doubt that the Pharaoh would agree with me. Keep in mind that you managed to defeat her in one of the greatest duels I've ever seen. You found a way to beat all three Egyptian God Cards at the same time without anyone's assistance. That is no small feat Yumi. You are a great duelist in your own right and have grown so much as a person. She may not be here anymore, but the Pharaoh will always live on in your heart.

H-he's right. Somehow [Y/N] always knows just what to say to make me feel better.

Putting the box down,  Yumi smiles at her boyfriend before wiping her tears away.

Yumi : T-thank you for saying that [Y/N], and thanks for being here for me.

[Y/N] : There's no need to thank me Yumi, I love you and I'd do anything to see you smile.

He says as the spiky haired girl sitting next to him blushes.

Yumi : I love you too [Y/N]. I'm so glad to have you as my boyfriend. You know, it was actually the Pharaoh who convinced me to finally ask you out.

[Y/N] : Really? Well I'm glad she did, because I couldn't imagine being with anyone other than my tiny Queen of Games.

Yumi : H-hey! I'm not that short!

She wines as [Y/N] chuckles before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, causing Yumi to nuzzle her face into his chest so she can hide her flustered expression.