Genji (Overwatch)

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

(I really like the name Genji, so I'll be sticking with it even if it might not make sense to.)

Now let the story begin.

At Overwatch HQ, cyborg heroine Genji Shimada is sitting quietly while staring down at a letter she received earlier that morning, much to the concern of her friend and fellow Overwatch member Dr. Angela Ziegler, also known as Mercy.

Mercy : Genji? Is everything alright?

She's been holding on to that letter since she got it. Whatever's written in it must be something important for her to act this way.

Genji : Hmm? Oh, I am fine Angela, just doing some thinking is all.

Mercy : What about?

Genji : This letter is from someone I cherish deeply. Someone whom I haven't seen since being hospitalized by my sister (Hanzo is also a girl on this, but that won't have much impact on the plot).

Mercy : Really? Who is it Genji?

Genji : [Y/N] [L/N].

She says his name while tightening her grip on the letter.

[Y/N] [L/N]? Genji's mentioned that name to me several times before, but I still don't know who he is.

Mercy : He must mean a lot to you meine Freudin.

Genji : Yes. He was a childhood friend of my sister and I. Our families were close allies, so him and I spent plenty of time together in our youth. Despite being friends with both me and my sister, [Y/N] seemed to enjoy my company more than hers.

The cyborg girl says with a hint of pride in her voice, which Mercy noticed.

Mercy : Sounds to me like [Y/N] isn't just a friend to you Genji.

Hearing this causes the Shimada to get slightly flustered.

Genji : I....I don't know what you're implying Angela.

Mercy : You've talked about [Y/N] before with quite a lot of fondness in your voice, so could that perhaps be from....a Gefühl der Liebe?

Genji : A feeling of love?! I don't-

Mercy : It isn't smart to lie to a doctor Genji.

Genji : .....alright, you are correct. Ever since I was a teenager, I've had feelings for [Y/N].

Mercy : Have you ever told him this?

Genji : No. I wanted to, but by the time I worked up the nerve to confess, my clan had betrayed me and sent my sister to end my life...leading to where I am today.

Mercy : Well, now's a good time as any Genji.

Hmm...maybe she's right. [Y/N] did say he wants to meet with me, so that could give me the perfect opportunity to tell him my feelings.

Genji : Thank you Angela.

She gets up and walks away.

Mercy : Where are you going?

Genji : To meet up with [Y/N] and do something I should have a long time ago.

Mercy : Hope everything goes well for you then! Viel Glück!

Overwatch's medic sees her friend off as she leaves for the meeting place [Y/N] mentioned in the letter.

Timeskip

Arriving at her destination with no one else in the area, Genji sees a familiar looking man running up to her, that of course being [Y/N].

[Y/N] : Genji? Is that you?

While having her visor up, she nods in response.

[Y/N] : I missed you so much! It's been far too long!

He proceeds to hug her tightly, making the cyborg girl gasp in surprise before letting out a small chuckle.

Same old [Y/N]. He's as kind and affectionate as I remember.

Genji : I missed you too [Y/N]. Tell me, how did you find out I work for Overwatch?

[Y/N] : I have connections, but that's not important right now. When I found out what happened to you, I couldn't believe it at first. Ever since I got the news, I've completely cut ties with your family for what they did.

Genji : Even my sister?

[Y/N] : Of course! She tried explaining herself, but I wouldn't listen. I will never forgive her for doing that to you!

Genji : All of that's in the past now. I've come to terms with it, and have moved on.

[Y/N] : Well, that makes one of us. As far as I'm concerned, you are the only Shimada I care about now.

This makes Genji blush from behind her visor.

I can't contain my feelings any longer! I need to tell him now!

Genji : [Y/N], there's something I must get off my chest. I-

[Y/N] : Hold on Genji. There's something I'd like to tell you as well. Mind if I go first?

Genji : O-ok?

[Y/N] : Thank you. I won't beat around the bush and just come out with it, so here it is. Genji, I love you.

Not expecting a confession from her crush, Genji's blush deepens as her eyes widen.

Genji : R-really? You love me [Y/N]?

He smiles and nods.

[Y/N] : Uh-huh, I always have. Not seeing you all these years has been painful for me. Despite being apart for so long, my feelings for you haven't changed one bit.

Genji : You say that, but what of my cyborg body?

[Y/N] : That doesn't matter to me. I don't care what you look like, you're still the beautiful girl I fell in love with. Do me a favor and show me your face if you don't mind?

She does so, revealing her scarred face as [Y/N] smiles.

[Y/N] : Wow, even covered in scars you're the most breathtaking woman I've ever seen.

He says while gently cupping her face as she smiles lovingly at him.

Genji : I love you so much [Y/N], and I'm sorry it took so long to say that.

The two embrace and share a passionate kiss that has been long overdue, both happy to finally be together after so many years.