Woody (Toy Story)

[Y/N] = Your Name

[M/N] = Manufacturer Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

(For the genderbend name, Woody will be changed to Wendy.)

Now let the story begin.

While peering through a tiny opening in the toy chest, a superhero-esque action figure named [Y/N] has a sad look on his face as he sees Andy, the kid he belongs to, playing with a few other toys.

Seems like Andy's having a lot of fun, I just wish it was with me. I've been in this toy chest for so long that I'm beginning to think Andy doesn't care about me anymore. If I was gone one day, would he even notice?

These thoughts have been playing on repeat in the depressed toy's mind as he watches Andy play with Wendy, a cowgirl sheriff doll whom [Y/N] considers his closest friend.

Good ol' Wendy, she has always been Andy's favorite. I completely understand why, she's really cool! Whenever a fellow toy feels unwanted, Wendy finds a way to make things better, but that may not be the case with me.

He frowns to himself before silently closing the toy chest, resigning to the darkness within his wooden prison.

Timeskip

Later that night while Andy is having a sleepover at a friend's house, his toys all come out and converse with each other.

Wendy : Hey, has anyone seen [Y/N]?

She asks out of worry for her friend....and secret crush.

Rex : Sorry Wendy, I haven't seen him all day.

Slink : Maybe he's still in that toy chest?

Wendy : I'll go check.

Opening the lid of the rectangular box, Wendy finds [Y/N] sitting in the corner in silence, worrying her even more.

Wendy : Why aren't you out here with the rest of us [Y/N]?

He looks at her and shrugs.

[Y/N] : What's the point? I'm in this accursed toy chest most of the time anyways, so why bother getting out?

Wendy : Because I enjoy spending time with you.

[Y/N] : If only Andy felt the same way.

Wendy : You're one of his favorite toys [Y/N], he loves you.

[Y/N] : Does he? If so, why haven't I been played with in so long? At this rate, I'll be gathering dust in no time! Let's face it Wendy, I've been forgotten. I can't say I blame him, because I am a terrible toy!

Wendy : Don't say that [Y/N]! You're amazing!

[Y/N] : No! I'm not! Everything about me is awful! I'm not made by Hasbro, or Mattel, or any other big name company! I'm a product of [M/N], some Korean manufacturer no one has heard of or gives a darn about! I don't even have kung fu grip! What a joke! Plus, my design is a knock off of some other superhero figure! What kid would want me?! Maybe....maybe it's time for me to rot away in some landfill, that's probably all I'm good for.

After he finishes speaking, [Y/N] is brought into a hug by Wendy.

S-she's hugging me! I'd be blushing if I were capable of it.

Breaking the hug after a few seconds, Wendy pulls away and looks at [Y/N] with a serious expression.

Wendy : Listen to me [Y/N], it doesn't matter who made you or what action features you have or don't have, you are a wonderful toy and I won't allow you to speak so badly of yourself. Even if Andy forgot about you, I never will, because you mean so much to me. I love you [Y/N].

She says with passion in her voice as [Y/N] can't help but smile.

[Y/N] : I had no idea Wendy. I love you too.

Seems like I was wrong earlier, she did manage to make things better.

The two toys smile at each other and share a kiss, Wendy persuading [Y/N] to finally get out of the toy chest as they then spend the rest of the night together.

Around 9 in the morning, Andy comes home from his friend's place and enters his room to find the new toy couple at the foot of his bed.

Wendy! I can't believe I forgot to bring you with me last night!

He goes to pick up the Wild West themed doll before noticing [Y/N] right next to her.

Andy : Oh hey! I've been looking everywhere for you [Y/N]! I thought my mom might've sold you or something!

Grabbing the [M/N] made action figure, Andy begins playing with him.

Andy : I am [Y/N], bringer of justice and defender of all that is good! Evil beware! Pow! Bang! Zoom!

Unbeknownst to the boy, Wendy is looking up at [Y/N] with a smile.

See [Y/N], I knew Andy didn't forget about you. Now that you've gotten your wish, I can't imagine how happy you must be right now.

Andy has [Y/N] in a flight pose and runs around the room with him before suddenly hearing his mother's voice.

Andy's Mom : Andy, breakfast is ready!

Andy : Coming mom!

He places [Y/N] back down on the bed and leaves the room.

Once the coast is clear, [Y/N] comes to life with a wide smile on his face.

[Y/N] : He played with me Wendy, you were right! I almost forgot what it was like to be played with!

Wendy : Told you so.

She says with a smirk before wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

Wendy : Seriously though, I'm happy for you [Y/N].

[Y/N] : Thanks Wendy. This wouldn't have happened if you didn't convince me to leave the toy chest last night, I love you.

Wendy : I love you too.

Both are about to share another kiss, but quick turn inanimate as Andy comes back and grabs both of them before leaving again to have breakfast with his two favorite toys.