𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧

It felt like a dream twirling around the music in the street, the busy music carried the townspeople whilst they laughed and danced with each other. Children seemed to laugh around throwing a handmade ball and the young adults danced with one another.

The music picked up a young woman who had been watching curiously at the dancing people from afar. It sure looked fun, their clad feet danced in rhythm together with the music and the speed of the music only carried faster and faster. Their laughter filled the night air as the moon graced her presence alongside the stars.

"I wonder what it feels like to dance among them..." She whispered to herself as she watched from the forest she came from.
"Why don't you try it then?" A man's voice just beside her spoke out, startling her.

"Oh, I don't have anyone to dance with.." She spoke sadly. She looked at the man standing in front of her but quickly looked down at her feet. When she looked up from the ground she was met by the man's face being rather too close to her liking. She shuts her eyes quickly and turns red. 'So close!'

The man backed away and gave a friendly smile to the young woman.
"Well how about I dance with you?" The man didn't wear anything fancy but instead more of a casual city life of the mediaeval. His brown curly locks swayed to the faint wind that flew by.

"Oh!..but we don't even know each other's name..." The young maiden said as she fiddled with her fingers.
"That is true fair maiden... but what does that matter? The people out there don't even remember what they ate for supper last night!" The man looked towards the dancing crowd who laughed with excitement.
"I'm afraid it does matter...At least for me.." Silence only came by more and the young woman could hear her heart beat faster and faster.

'Maybe I should g-'

"Wilbur."

"Yes?"The man smiled and reached an arm out for the woman to take
"My name is Wilbur now what is my lady's name?" This man named Wilbur waited for her answer.

"....My name is (Y/n)" (Y/n) took Wilbur's hand and quickly before the music could end Wilbur took (Y/n) out to the dancing crowd and danced just like the others.

(Y/n) could feel her excitement grow, like a swarm of butterflies had started to fly inside of her as she smiled sincerely. The dancing crowd continued to dance until the crowd fell over and the music stopped but for (Y/n) and Wilbur those two stood on their ground. When the music had died down and the people on the floor passed out from exhaustion or from the endless drinking, the young man and woman had walked out towards a nearby fountain. It was quiet, peaceful and the moonlight shone over the secret place the two of them hid in.

"Thank you WIlbur." (Y/n) thanked as she looked down in the fountain. "Thank you for dancing with me. I had never danced in my life before but you made it as if I'd done it when I was only an infant." The woman smiled and sat herself down on the edge of the fountain.

"You were lovely out there. Never in my life would I think I'd dance with a beautiful maiden such as yourself." Wilbur spoke as he sat himself beside (Y/n) and took her hand. "If I may ask if I can see you again?" He asked and kissed her hand.

This made (Y/n) become red as the roses that hid them.
"I-i-uhm.." Beet red as she was, (Y/n) turned around and tried to hide her face in her hands. This made WIlbur to laugh and the night echoed his laughter.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to tease you" He said but he enjoyed watching her blush at the smallest thing he did. "But really, when can I meet with you again? How long must I miss you before I can see you?" He asked this time, more seriously.

(Y/n) who still hid behind her hands mumble something that Wilbur couldn't hear.
"Pardon?"

"You won't be seeing me for a while.." She said more clearly.

This brought a frown on Wilbur's face and he asked where she was going.
"I will soon leave this place and never return." She answered as she looked up towards the moon, no longer hiding in her hands.

"I hope that wherever you go I'll find you there waiting for me with open arms.." Wilbur leaned his head to (Y/n)'s shoulder as he looked down at her hand while (Y/n) looked at Wilbur.

No further words were exchanged but a goodbye once it was time for (Y/n) to go.

Four years later an attack had occurred in the royal palace. The first prince had been poisoned with an unknown background. The culprit was an assassin disguised as a maid and hired by an unknown man. The first prince had been bedridden for weeks and showed no sign of improvement until a young woman reached the palace.

Going back on her words about never coming back to the kingdom she swore to never set foot again felt unpleasant but the royal family had heard of her knowledge and hoped that she would help them cure the first prince as it has been weeks since the attack.

Arriving at the first prince's room, the maid that had guided the young woman knocked on the door.
"Your highness. The doctor you requested is here" The maid announced and the door opened. The young female walked in and saw the king sitting by his son's bed.

"Greetings to the king of sun and ruler of stars, I am (Y/n) (L/n)..." The young lady greeted the king and the king raised his hand.
"There is no need for that, please just help my son." (Y/n)quickly opened her bag and revealed her bottles of herbs, liquids and tools.

"First I'd have to see what condition the crown prince is in." (Y/n) bowed and walked over to the bed. Moving the veil that surrounded the bed.

Opening it she found the sick prince in a horrible condition. He was almost unrecognisable but one thing she knew for sure was that she had seen him somewhere and she knew who he was but it wasn't important now. Now she had a dying patient in front of her and she needed to cure him.

She went right to work and it took a long time but finally she had done what she was supposed to and the crown prince looked already better from what he looked like before now it was just a game of waiting until he woke up.

Weeks it took until the crown prince could take a stroll in his garden. The imperial doctor had done regular check ups and so did his family. (Y/n), who had cured him, stayed hidden from the crown prince as she didn't want to be seen by him but today the gods were not on her side.

There in the midnight garden she stood by the roses and admired them. She thought back to when she first met Wilbur. How his smile pure sunlight, how his hair moved with the wind and his smooth voice entering her ears.

"I wish I could meet him before I leave.." (Y/n) spoke as she looked closer at the rose.
"The gods seems to have heard your wish." There, that smooth voice which (Y/n) loved but now she didn't know if she really loved it. Flinching hard as she got scared from the sudden presence of her former dance partner she fell down to the ground, facing the crown prince. Wilbur plucked the rose from the bush and walked over to his beloved.

Quiet as a mouse, (Y/n) watched him with her big eyes as he put the flower in her hair, the same hair which he had grown to miss since that night. He then walks around her a little and without a warning he picks his beloved up in a swoop holding her close to his body.

"My light, my star...you are my saviour for without you, death would've taken me in with his cold hands and let go of me.." Wilbur smiled so lovingly at (Y/n). "You are my moon who is forever guiding me in the darkness..How I've missed you my (Y/n), my moon..."

Right there in the night garden the crown prince and his beloved shared a kiss that would forever tie their souls together.

___________________________

A SPECIAL CHAPTER!!

I want to thank everyone for reading this book! Idk how many times I've thank you all but this book would've been nothing without you guys :,) so it means a lot when I see that you guys are enjoying this as much as I enjoy writing this!

This is a special chapter as to show my appreciation x)! 

Lots of love! 

- Chisuke