十五Lesson 15:Everything I Ever Wanted

Street

Amane wipes her sweat while riding her bike. She noticed gaining weight after slacking with her jogging. "Hanagata-san! Fujima-san! Are you going to have your practices?", Hikoichi saw them wearing their uniform. The lady averted her stares right away as she didn't want to get caught by Fujima. She felt like he was a force that she should not be messing with. She slowly tried to disappear from the scene. "We're headed to Shohoku to give them our regards for the nationals", the Captain said with a smile. 

Quite a sportsmanship. 

Amane turned to their direction and already saw the lad looking at her direction. "Want to come with us, Mizutani?", he made his voice louder for her. The lady sighed and forced a smile. She waved at the group. "Let me walk your bike", Fujima smiled making Amane politely respond. Hikoichi often catches Sendo looking at the girl's photo on her SNS. 

Could it be that she's dumping Sendo-san for Shoyo's captain? I'd have to prepare something to comfort our ace. We can't afford for him to be depressed for the Winter Games. 

"You wore the skirt I chose", Fujima pointed out. "Don't make it sound like that", Hanagata took action to clarify his captain's action. He knew that the lad often forgets that he is dealing with females. Fujima is kind to everyone and it leads to misunderstanding. In no time, he'll be take the label of being a ladies man. 

"You're from Ryonan. I remember you. How is-", Amane was about to ask about Sendo since they haven't talked for a while but realized that she is in the presence of Shoyo's player. "Sendo-san is doing great leading the team. Though, it is still different with Uozomi-san retiring", he said and started talking about his recent encounter with their former captain. "Well, people will have different decision. I just we hope we do not regret in the end", Fujima commented. 

Shohoku High Gymnasium

The group was startled at the sight of Shoyo. "What a peculiar group of people", Sakuragi turned to their direction. Amane waved at Ayoko and Haruko who is standing next to Mito. "Oh, Mizutani's here as well", the manager approached her and dragged the lady to greet Coach Anzai. 

"Anzai-ji, I'm glad to see you being healthy again. Don't forget your monthly check-up. I know you're excited with the team's advancement to the Nationals. Take care of your health", Amane was itching to hug the old man. "Of course, Amane-chan. My wife said she missed you. Maybe you can drop by every once in a while", the old man smiled. "Of course, I would love that", the lady gave a thumbs up. She turned and saw Rukawa holding a ball. He stopped training to give respect to those who came to give their encouragement for the Nationals. They also said their sentiments of challenging them for the Winter Games. 

They were about to leave when Sakuragi challenged them for a game. 

Gymn Changing Room

"Here's some extra shirt. It's hot outside", Ayoko handed it to Amane and left. The lady raised her shirt and it got stuck with the hair pin that Sachi gave her. She started wailing and bumped on a locker. She heard the door opening. "Wait, I'm not yet done", she cannot see whoever entered. The person walked closer and started working on gently untangling the hair, hairpin and the shirt. "I can manage. Sorry, I didn't wear any undershirt so maybe-", she felt embarrassed shooing the person away. 

They were able to successfully remove the shirt. Amane was beyond belief as soon as she saw the person who helped her. "Rukawa-kun", she covered her mouth hoping it will not attract anyone from outside. He also removed his training shirt and took his jersey uniform from his bag. "I'll be finish in a while. Then, you can start changing as well", the lady gripped on the shirt that Ayoko gave. "That's a deep scar", he commented. Amane gulped and covered it rather than anywhere else that was exposed. 

"It's from a fall back in middle high", she chuckled and turned to the other side. "You're not that clumsy to do that to yourself", Rukawa started changing his clothes. "I had it last year. I was trying to avoid some fight so I tried to run. I happened to stumble into an accident prone area and got myself stabbed with construction materials", Amane answered. 

I saw her run on this side. 

She's bleeding. 

Run, we might get expelled. 

We're not the one who did this. 

It's her fault for running away from us. 

Amane stands out from the crowd so even female delinquents from other schools would take interest on bringing her down. "It's not yet fully healed but I can manage. I gave a promise, right. I'd be in all the competition that you won't even see me around", the lady wore the shirt and felt someone behind her. Rukawa pinned her on the locker and she was startled. The lady couldn't see the lad's expression because she's facing the lockers. 

"Oh, isn't this Rukawa? Why is it taking you so long to change your clothes", Fujima entered the changing room and started stripping along with the other players. "This is not a place to flirt around, Rukawa", Uozomi noticed Amane who had her hands covering her eyes. The lad knew that the players would start removing their clothes as soon as they entered and had the instinct to hide the view from Amane.

Court

It wasn't an official game but it was intense as how it was when they played against each other. "I brought Sendo-kun", Hikoichi's sister announced the arrival of the confused ace of Ryonan. "Get changed, Sendo-san. It's time for your revenge", Amane pulled him inside. "What is it, Amane? You've got a good smile on your face. I'm assuming it's not because of me", Sendo smiled and messed up with the girl's hair. "Just get ready. The game will end soon", the girl slightly pouted.

Haruko sat on the side with Amane taking a photo of Sendo who just entered. "I know you already told me about Sendo-san before but I can't help but think that you two seem to be compatible", Haruko sighed. "You sounded like my brother just a while ago", Amane chuckled. "If it's okay with you, what's the harm of not trying to see him in a different light?", the sweet girl pulled her leg together and squeezed them in between her arm. Amane paused for a while and watched Sendo shining in the court. He got a confident smile and even if he never played at the same team as Fujima and the rest, he maintains an excellent control. He was the same back in middle high, he doesn't know everyone in details but he knew how not to get into their nerves and to shine without having to offend anyone. Sendo is the person that even the opponents will cheer on. 

"I am truly thankful that I got to know him, not just on an acquaintance level but as a friend. As of now, I just asked him to stay closer enough to see what becomes of me and that will be my gift for all those time he cheered on me. And that's it, I don't want to push on something else just because I think I owe him anything. If it's payback we're talking about, I want to give him the most authentic version of me. I don't want to like someone half-baked. I think that goes to all the things I wanted to continue in life.  I want to go all out", Amane's eyes widened. Rukawa made a shot and the ball rolled to their direction. The two had eye contact. 

Chapter end.