三Lesson 2: Line Without A Hook

Back then, I watched people throwing their fishing lines and pulling them with a fish attached. That's why I also threw a line, I waited for an hour but caught nothing. He saw me and laughed hard saying that there should be a hook at the end of the fishing line. 

Now, I watch people throw themselves for their goals, for their dreams. Hooks are easy to buy and people can give it to you as a gift. But then, desire are motivation are something you find on your own. 

Train

Amane woke up and was startled to see tall students from another school. They're all wearing their uniform and it rang a bell in her memory. It is Shohoku's uniform. She grabbed on her bag and covered her face. She has the instinct to hide from someone she doesn't even know. The lady stood from her seat and was about to move to the next carriage. There was a tremor and there were no nearby pole to hold on to. Someone grabbed on her hand. "Thank-", she lifted her head and saw Sakuragi. "Oh, red-head", she recognized. "I know you. I've been using the lunchbox you gave. It was sturdy", he praised. "It's rude calling you red-head. What's your name?", Amane asked. The two continued having a conversation. 

"Eh. Hanamichi is having a casual conversation with a pretty lady", the other second years are furious. "He looks like he's about to mug her. Go and save him from being stopped by the train guards", Akagi instructed. 

"Oh, so you play basketball. I actually have that impression since the first time I saw you. Well, you're quite tall", Amane nodded. "Are you visiting someone in Kamakura? We're going to have a practice game in there. This genius needs to spread his name all throughout Japan", Sakuragi gave a loud laugh making Amane also want to burst into laughter. She thought that the lad is interesting and amusing. If she could, she would invite him to collect as much bugs as they can. 

"Moron. We're near the stop", Rukawa called him. The train door opened. "See you around, Hanamichi-kun", Amane was rushing to get out of the train. Someone from her middle high might see her. 

Ryonan High

Amane wore a hoodie, sunglasses, and mask. "Someone seems suspicious", Takamiya tilted his head while eating snacks. "Hmmm, she looks familiar", Ohkusu hummed. "Then, are you spying for someone in Ryonan?", Mito removed her sunglasses. "It's the goddess", Noma had nosebleed. The two also felt being blinded by the light. Mito already adjusted that fast. "Wearing these things will make you more outstanding", the lad commented. "You're right", Amane gave a nervous laugh and followed the group. 

Gymnasium

"You kept looking around as if someone will stab you", Mito noticed. "Well, I came here unannounced", Amane forced a laugh. "Don't worry. This group will be your personal guards", Takamiya assured. "I'm still keeping the mask", the lady wore her mask. 

After sometime, both teams are playing neck to neck with each other. One of the players from Shohoku felt leg cramp. It was that time that Amane shifted her gaze at the person and felt like he was familiar. "Rukawa", Haruko said his name with a worried voice. 

I think I heard his name somewhere. 

"Rukawa! Rukawa! L-O-V-E Rukawa!!!"

"That's quite a cheer from Shohoku", she commented making Haruko also embarrassed. "They're always like that, even during practie", Haruko informed. "And he seemed unbothered", Amane watched the calm expression from Shohoku's player. He wasn't purely ignoring them but he just have a hundred percent attention and focus to his game. Everyone was started when Sakuragi landed a successful shot. 

Still, the game ended with Ryonan winning the practice game. 

"Pass!", Sakuragi shouted. "The game ended", Akagi patted his head. The lad kept insisting for the game to continue.