Chapter 2

***4 weeks later*** I'll be skipping time like that a lot it makes the book flow easier

Finally Saturday is here I finally get to sleep in and enjoy myself. I hear my moms ghetto ass downstairs yelling, maybe I spoke to soon. I creeped downstairs to see why she was yelling. Mom what's up.

Shay did I wake you go back to bed.

No mom I was already awake.

I guess you heard all that yelling.

Yea mom I heard it so what's wrong. Your dumbass brother got arrested.

What did he do.

He was trying to take your fathers place in the game until your dad gets out and he got caught and now he asking for bail.

Oh you gonna get him out?

I don't know babygirl, I really don't like the fact he's in the game like your dad.

well mom you married a thug.

I know that's because he got out the game when Van was born but then he got back in and you were born and I begged him to stop but he said he was too far in.

All a thug know how to do is be a thug mom.

ShinningStar promise me you won't get a thug and you'll stay out of the game.

My dad was the only person to call me ShinningStar he said it was because when I was born the stars seem to shine brighter. I shed a tear thinking about my dad and all the fun we used to have together.

Mom I promise.

Good now I have to go to work but you have fun and stay safe. She kissed my forehead handed me my keys and left.When my mom left I decided to take her up on her offer to have fun a called up the crew even Ray and made plans to meet at the beach. I ran up stairs to take a shower and get ready. Once I got out of the shower I attempted to do this mess I call hair. Sometimes I love my curly hair other times I wish it was straight but don't get me started on when I try to straighten it. I just threw a bow in my hair and brushed it. I went in my room to find my swimsuit and I pulled out my American flag one but it doesn't really seem to fit maybe cause the last time I wore it I was a freshman so maybe I got a little chunkier and I got boobs and a butt now so I went back in my drawer and pulled out my cheetah print and my high wasted shorts with a black tank top and gold sandals. I grabbed my phone and purse and keys and headed out the door. I got a text from Ray asking me could I pick him up since he was having car troubles.

Ray lives on the side of town my brother told me to be wary of so I pulled down his road with caution. I hope these crackheads don't bash my windows trying to rob me or steal my tires or some shit. I went up to his house and knocked on the door a female voice said come in. These people don't see who it is before letting people in their house, good think I'm not a robber or some physco killer that escaped prison.

Hi I'm Shay and I'm here to pick up Ray.

An elderly lady who favored Ray hollered up the stairs to Ray then turned back to me.

Are you his girlfriend?

No mam I just met him I'm nothing more than a friend.

Well back in my day you didn't need to know a boy very long.

Well I like to know who a boy is before I date them.

Well I'm his mother Joyce but you can call me momma everyone around here does.

A older male not quite as old as Joyce but maybe in his 30s walked down stairs and glanced over at me.

Who dis is momma?

Her name is Shay and she's here for Ray.

One of his hoes? He asked shooting me a look that could kill.

Umm no I'm just a friend and you are?

I'm Ray's older brother Troy. oh okay finally Ray brought his ass downstairs.

Ahh I see you've met my mom and Troy he said with a smirk on his face.

Well see ya momma I'm heading to the beach with a couple of friends. As we were walking towards the car I couldn't help but notice Ray staring.

You see something you like I chuckled

. He snapped out of his trans and came back to earth. I pulled out of his driveway and headed towards the beach.